BREAKING NEWS: TRACY CLAEYS HAS BEEN FIRED

I emailed Coyle and the office of the president and let them know what they cannot count on me for....

Like Brewster...and Wacker...and...and...and...
+1, Now were starting over once again with a new coaching staff. IMO if we go with anyone other than a proven winner as a head coach it will be a mistake and we will be heading down the Wacker and Brewster road once again.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

And I predict a recruiting class of 5 kids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will take the over on that bet any day. You have no idea of who the new coach will be. I would guess he will recruit waaaaayy better than TC. We did not lose Vince Lombardi. Do I feel he got the shaft? Of course, but get a grip...he was better person than a head coach.

I will take the over on that bet any day. You have no idea of who the new coach will be. I would guess he will recruit waaaaayy better than TC. We did not lose Vince Lombardi. Do I feel he got the shaft? Of course, but get a grip...he was better person than a head coach.

Nick Saban couldn't save this recruiting class. It already sucks and now half will drop away.

what the hell are you talking about?

You realize that Signing Day is in a month or so, right?

We have no coach and kids sign in 1 month. 1 month. It may be over 5, but it'll surprise me if it is much higher.

The Fleck can use his back-up phrase:

"Rock and roll, pound some hole."

Isn't pounding some hole what got y'all into this mess?

Ps: you can have ferentz and his contract if you'd like

I was OK if they did it after the regular season for football reasons. But to do it now to cover their own incompetence is simply pathetic. Kaler and Coyle should be the ones looking for work .

This, x 1,000.

We have no coach and kids sign in 1 month. 1 month. It may be over 5, but it'll surprise me if it is much higher.

It depends on who the new coach is. Les Miles would likely get most of our current commits to stay and could pull some new ones to get us to the 25 that we're likely going to need. PJ Fleck could just bring his recruiting class with him if he needed to.

I don't think we're getting either of those two guys though...

Amazing that the last two times we faced Leach in a bowl, we fire the coach a few days later.

Go Gophers!!

I'm so close to swearing off this program. I didn't realize how much I disagreed with this decision until they did it.

If they have a coach lined up, I can somewhat understand the decision - don't like it or agree with it - but I can understand how bureaucrats operate.

But, if they don't have a coach lined up, and they're going to start a search in January, that confirms that Coyle is a bleeping idiot.

+1

Please link the fire Kaler and fire Coyle petitions so i can sign them. [emoji35]

Wow.

We have the word 'Leadership' emblazoned across our Hall of Fame. What sort of Leaders are the University of Minnesota advocating?

When the players started their boycott Coach Claeys acted like a leader should - by posting that tweet he deflected the media attention from the kids to himself even though he knew it would put him in the firing line - that is what real leaders with deep integrity do. He is not a supporter of sexual harassment, he is not a loose cannon and he is certainly not someone who is governed by ego or self-preservation. He is a very decent man and a damn good football coach - his only crime is caring for his players

If the regents, Kaler, Coyle had just one ounce of that type of integrity that Coach Claeys showed they would recognise the forces at play.

I'm so embarrassed and ashamed of what they have done.

Wow.

We have the word 'Leadership' emblazoned across our Hall of Fame. What sort of Leaders are the University of Minnesota advocating?

When the players started their boycott Coach Claeys acted like a leader should - by posting that tweet he deflected the media attention from the kids to himself even though he knew it would put him in the firing line - that is what real leaders with deep integrity do. He is not a supporter of sexual harassment, he is not a loose cannon and he is certainly not someone who is governed by ego or self-preservation. He is a very decent man and a damn good football coach - his only crime is caring for his players

If the regents, Kaler, Coyle had just one ounce of that type of integrity that Coach Claeys showed they would recognise the forces at play.

I'm so embarrassed and ashamed of what they have done.

Agree 100%

I certainly do and I bet most do not go elsewhere unless the new coach wants them to. For many of these recruits....MN was by far their best offer.

I hope you are right.

For me, I feel bad for Claeys and his coaching staff who is probably only a decent QB away from winning the West, but I feel worse about the future of Sports here because this really makes Kaler and Coyle look like rats in my eyes. Not only did they F up the whole issue, they are making Claeys and his crew6 the scapegoats. If I was a coach, I'd really be scared of working for these two. Hell, 9 wins isn't even enough to keep your job. That's sad.

If I'm Richard Pitino, I'm answering my phone when it rings.

Top Bottom