Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

more guys getting added.

Tito Windham-JUCO CB (Memphis commit)
Jakyle Holmes-Ath
Brock Annexstad-WR

Annexstad is a local kid from Mankato West via St. Peter, who played at IMG in Orlando this year. He's likely a legit option as a preferred walk-on.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It almost the first of December and you just thought now this kid deserves an offer???? :confused:

Psssst.... There are one or two other highly rated guys out there we haven't offered yet as well. Maybe just shoot them all an offer and see what sticks, huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It almost the first of December and you just thought now this kid deserves an offer???? :confused:

maybe now the kid expressed interest, maybe the coaches connected with him in person and wanted to offer now, maybe the player liked what he saw as the season progressed. so many options for why now and not before. doesn't mean we'll get him by any means, but it's not like this is that abnormal

com·mit·ted
/kəˈmidəd/
adjective

feeling dedication and loyalty to a cause, activity, or job; wholeheartedly dedicated.

I'd say he's more "interested" at this point.

Interesting note from Claeys radio show last week. He was asked about giving walk-ons scholarships. In his answer he said that all walk-ons know its at least a two year commitment. They can't give scholarships to walk-ons in their first two years or they count toward the scholarship limit of that class. I had not heard that before.

Interesting note from Claeys radio show last week. He was asked about giving walk-ons scholarships. In his answer he said that all walk-ons know its at least a two year commitment. They can't give scholarships to walk-ons in their first two years or they count toward the scholarship limit of that class. I had not heard that before.
I've posted that information on more than one occasion in the last year.

hawes' recruitment picking up

Dude looks like a rock

He is a nice looking athlete as an OT or a DT.

What are the chances he commits to the Gophers, anyone? I'd be depressed if Iowa, Wisconsin, or Nebraska gets him.

If the T-shirt is an indication he Green is a wrestler too. Always like those D-linemen and O-linemen that are former wrestlers. They have an edge to them that they can beat the opponent one on one. Coach Phelps always recruits the Illinois area well. I was impressed with the improvement of the defensive line this year. A lot less explosive plays given up in the running game, and to me the defensive line getting pressure in the backfield and playing their individual gaps improved this year. I thought coach Phelps and his crew had a good year this season. Would be a nice get for the Gophers, think he could learn a lot playing alongside Richardson and Stetlar too.

High school all star game from US Bank stadium on fox 9 right now.

Am wondering how many scholarship offers TC and his staff have made for 2017? I see Louisville has 424 offers out, Illinois has 365. Mississippi State 38, Iowa State 370.

Am wondering how many scholarship offers TC and his staff have made for 2017? I see Louisville has 424 offers out, Illinois has 365. Mississippi State 38, Iowa State 370.

TC will worry about that during summer camps...

Per 247 Sports - B1G Offers By School:

ILLINOIS 363
MICHIGAN 306
NEBRASKA 270
MARYLAND 261
INDIANA 238
RUTGERS 234
PURDUE 230
MICHIGAN STATE 186
PENN STATE 177
WISCONSIN 155
MINNESOTA 149
OHIO STATE 138
IOWA 109
NORTHWESTERN 83

What does it mean for the Gophers? Claeys better get busy and hire a top recruiter. If we can get a recruiter who can persuade one or two game changer type recruiters per class, we can go to the next level.

ILLINOIS 363
MICHIGAN 306
NEBRASKA 270
MARYLAND 261
INDIANA 238
RUTGERS 234
PURDUE 230
MICHIGAN STATE 186
PENN STATE 177
WISCONSIN 155
MINNESOTA 149
OHIO STATE 138
IOWA 109
NORTHWESTERN 83

What does it mean for the Gophers? Claeys better get busy and hire a top recruiter. If we can get a recruiter who can persuade one or two game changer type recruiters per class, we can go to the next level.

There's a helluva recruiter down at Florida state.

number of offers doesn't tell me anything. One team could offer every player in the country, but has no realistic chance to actually sign any of them.

I see nothing wrong with a team being a little more selective about extending offers - only offer kids they are serious about. To me, if you offer a kid, and that kid accepts, you're committed to that player. Hand out too many offers early, and get more commits than you expect, and you could wind up running out of scholarships. Then, what do you do if a really good player expresses interest late in the season? Either dump a commit, or tell a really good player "sorry, no room in the inn."

Gophers need to be focused on finding the most talented players possible. This team needs more talent to take that "next step" forward that everyone dreams about.

number of offers doesn't tell me anything. One team could offer every player in the country, but has no realistic chance to actually sign any of them.

I see nothing wrong with a team being a little more selective about extending offers - only offer kids they are serious about. To me, if you offer a kid, and that kid accepts, you're committed to that player. Hand out too many offers early, and get more commits than you expect, and you could wind up running out of scholarships. Then, what do you do if a really good player expresses interest late in the season? Either dump a commit, or tell a really good player "sorry, no room in the inn."

Gophers need to be focused on finding the most talented players possible. This team needs more talent to take that "next step" forward that everyone dreams about.

Good point SON. More reason to get a helluva recruiter on staff.

ILLINOIS 363
MICHIGAN 306
NEBRASKA 270
MARYLAND 261
INDIANA 238
RUTGERS 234
PURDUE 230
MICHIGAN STATE 186
PENN STATE 177
WISCONSIN 155
MINNESOTA 149
OHIO STATE 138
IOWA 109
NORTHWESTERN 83

<b>What does it mean for the Gophers? </b>Claeys better get busy and hire a top recruiter. If we can get a recruiter who can persuade one or two game changer type recruiters per class, we can go to the next level.

Actually, it doesn't mean that. In fact, the # of offers out there by each team means absolutely nothing.

Not a good sign. There would probably be a good chance that he starts for Minnesota next season.

Not a good sign. There would probably be a good chance that he starts for Minnesota next season.

Yeah, this is a kid we really need.

ILLINOIS 363
MICHIGAN 306
NEBRASKA 270
MARYLAND 261
INDIANA 238
RUTGERS 234
PURDUE 230
MICHIGAN STATE 186
PENN STATE 177
WISCONSIN 155
MINNESOTA 149
OHIO STATE 138
IOWA 109
NORTHWESTERN 83

We all want to get there, but I think we're closer (talent wise) than people think. If our QB was as good as McSorly (who wasn't super highly recruited), I think we have a pretty dangerous team this year.

I'm all for whatever it takes to get as good of recruits as possible, but I think programs like ours usually take the next step by building a good foundation and then having a magical year (some recruit comes in and is just incredibly special.

Top Bottom