Brian Smith?

Tyler Johnson should see more throws.

I'm really disappointed to hear this, for us, but particularly for Brian. Kids (yes I know, young adult, but to me he's a kid) just don't understand how bad decisions or immediate reactions can affect them. Best wishes to him.

I think the players feared Kill as much as they respected him. I don't think they are afraid of Claeys.
I believe Leidner said as much in an interview prior to the season.

I think the players feared Kill as much as they respected him. I don't think they are afraid of Claeys.
I believe Leidner said as much in an interview prior to the season.

Didn't Kill throw guys off the team too?

Whatever Smith did it must have been pretty bad for them to kick him off the team outright without going the suspension route first. Some guys just can't get out of their own way, he had an opportunity to real see some quality playing time but clearly something off the field has gotten in the way of that.

I don't remember the exact wording but Claeys did mention on KFAN that things had been adding up with him. Made it sound like this wasn't the first issue.

I don't remember the exact wording but Claeys did mention on KFAN that things had been adding up with him. Made it sound like this wasn't the first issue.

I was wondering if it was something like that- kept it in house until it added up to be too much.

I was wondering if it was something like that- kept it in house until it added up to be too much.

Certainly very probable although he was playing in games so if he was being disciplined it didn't extend to game days. Always unfortunate when someone squanders a great opportunity but hopefully for the team someone will seize this chance and really step up big time.

this is definitely going to hurt our bigten 12th ranked passing offense

He said he'd been warned multiple times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is anyone even surprised anymore when this stuff happens? Just one thing after the next with this program right now...

Absolutely! What really bugs me is that we have the only program in the country that has problems like this. No other program has kids thrown in jail, flunking out, getting in fights, getting drunk, doing drugs, etc. After all there are only somewhere over 105 young men associated with this program.

Can't this staff keep on eye on all of them all of the time? What I would like to see is technology at work. We are the UofM after all. Why not implant some kind of video device.

Absolutely! What really bugs me is that we have the only program in the country that has problems like this. No other program has kids thrown in jail, flunking out, getting in fights, getting drunk, doing drugs, etc. After all there are only somewhere over 105 young men associated with this program.

Can't tell if sarcasm or not, but this isn't really true.

I'm really disappointed to hear this, for us, but particularly for Brian. Kids (yes I know, young adult, but to me he's a kid) just don't understand how bad decisions or immediate reactions can affect them. Best wishes to him.

Exactly MirandaB. Hopefully he stays in school and gets his degree.

Can't this staff keep on eye on all of them all of the time? What I would like to see is technology at work. We are the UofM after all. Why not implant some kind of video device.

+1 Our program is actually pretty clean compared to most. Lack of discipline off the field is definitely not the cause of the gopher's struggles. Look at all the issues players at Alabama have.

Well done.

Great idea, let's put ankle monitors on all of them during non-game days. Marty Wexler III claims other teams have been doing this for years.

Now back to reality...

105 kids to baby sit? Time to look into body cams and monitor bracelets. While you are it, why not deploy drug sniffing & GPS implants? :cool02:

Top Bottom