Doogie: "There are a ton of tickets left for the Oregon State game"

This year, that would mean only six home games.
Not talking about rescheduling now, but when you contract years in advance. Swap it with an away game that would be in early sept with another non-conf opponent. I don't think it's a problem they are playing at home during the fair, just have to understand that attendance might be lower than you want because of it.

I will always prefer the Thursday night game. Being from up north, I know a lot of people that come down for the State Fair and the game. Most in my group take Friday off and then have a 4 day weekend at the cabin. A road game is not an option any more since every other year we will have all three non-conference games at home. And I much prefer starting the college football season at the stadium instead of on my couch

We can thank Woody for this whole situation. Also the U marketing department. They know nothing about promoting. My wife owned a advertising agency in in Duluth and was contracted by UMD to get the athletic department out of the " red " which she did in two years with many of the promotions at the DECC. She is appalled by the lack of insight within <b>the U of M S&M department </b>for the number one revenue sport.

I spent 4 years there and didn't know the U had an S&M department. I would definitely checked that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not talking about rescheduling now, but when you contract years in advance. Swap it with an away game that would be in early sept with another non-conf opponent. I don't think it's a problem they are playing at home during the fair, just have to understand that attendance might be lower than you want because of it.

except we have no away games in the non-conf because we now play a 9 game conference schedule...

IMO the #1 reason outside of Teague's plan for this game is conflicting with High School football.

There are 62 games season openers on Thursday night (50 Metro Teams) and the rest on Friday. If the game was on Saturday afternoon or night, it would be close to sold out. High school coaches and players go to Gopher games.
Haven't been to the entire opener in years. Last year showed up during the second half after attending the high school game. (This year I finally am involved on a Friday game).

Don't know what the impact is overall, but it certainly takes 124 teams, coaches, bands, players, parents, school administrators, and some community members out of the potential attendees pool for the gophers game.

When do the $10 tickets on "Living Social" go on sale?

I spent 4 years there and didn't know the U had an S&M department. I would definitely checked that out.

It was only a club sport, there aren't enough schools participating for NCAA to sanction.

Since the Gophers scheduling is done years in advance and Thursday night openers have become the tradition, can't our AD lobby the NFL and MLB to make sure they don't schedule that same night, would it not be in every parties best interest? I know the big bad NFL doesn't care about scheduling conflicts, but it would be worth approaching the Vikings to try and lobby for what is best for all parties for future scheduling.

except we have no away games in the non-conf because we now play a 9 game conference schedule...

We will be playing road non conference games in odd years when we have 5 conference home games. As it is now, every season will have 7 home games and 5 road games.

We will be playing road non conference games in odd years when we have 5 conference home games. As it is now, every season will have 7 home games and 5 road games.

yes i know. i am referring to this year

Why? It's one of the most popular events in the state... if anything blame the Gophers for scheduling a game when the State Fair is going on, they know people are going to choose the Fair over a non-conf game.

So everyone who would be interested in going to a Gopher game goes to the Fair at 8:00 PM on the second Thursday? A ridiculous argument that gets more ridiculous every time it is brought up. The Fair does not affect game attendance. I call BS.

A "ton" of tickets - sounds like we are only 2K away from a sellout...not too bad. Or it could just be that a "professional" journalist was inaccurate with his language. As far as the State Fair goes - seriously...is that really still a draw for the non 'mouth-breathers?' I would think that would impact the Vikings game more than anything...Gopher fans tend to have a college education at least.

A "ton" of tickets - sounds like we are only 2K away from a sellout...not too bad. Or it could just be that a "professional" journalist was inaccurate with his language. As far as the State Fair goes - seriously...is that really still a draw for the non 'mouth-breathers?' I would think that would impact the Vikings game more than anything...Gopher fans tend to have a college education at least.

Hurtful Homer...very hurtful.

Since your wife was contracted by UMD, you're both aware that UMTC and UMD are two different athletics and marketing departments, correct?

Yes, dpodoll. I'm hoping Mark Coyle sees what a rinky-dinky department this is. We've the Carlson School of Business and yet we can't find a shining star in sales and marketing. You've a 19℅ drop in season ticket sales and yet the U of M has come up with nothing other than the weak 2 pack promotion. It is absolutely BS.

Doogie: &quot;There are a ton of tickets left for the Oregon State game&quot;

Can someone take one for the team and count the dots on the seating chart??

I'm dying to know the exact number of tickets left!!!

Woah, UMD got beat out by the Academy of Art University for best poster and beat out by Menlo College and Pace University for t-shirt....They got robbed!!!!

scroll to revenue generating idea and i think you'll get his idea. IF that was sarcasm, carry on as before

I see the Goal Line Club auction has 9/1 Vikings tickets for bid if anyone's interested.

For the right amount of dollars and perks, my wife who has VP of marketing experience at the NFL level, etc, etc...would be happy to move back to the Twins and get this whole thing straightened out. Gotta get TCF electric on game days and that starts with every seat filled.

For the right amount of dollars and perks, my wife who has VP of marketing experience at the NFL level, etc, etc...would be happy to move back to the Twins and get this whole thing straightened out. Gotta get TCF electric on game days and that starts with every seat filled.
Agree....we've a senior QB, an easy schedule, and a beautiful OUTDOOR stadium. My wife targeted the students at UMD with several promotions at the DECC involving the #1 revenue sport hockey. Student sales for the Gophers is abysmal.

Top Bottom