STrib: Philip Nelson to plead guilty in Mankato assault

Hate to play devil's advocate....but, when they released the video (and correct me if i'm remembering this wrong)
but it appeared that Kolstad was the instigator and attacked Nelson first resulting in his and this other kid's retaliation,
are there any pending charges against Kolstad?

Was anyone served under age? Or why are they trying to sue the bars when this happened outside of their control?

Hate to play devil's advocate....but, when they released the video (and correct me if i'm remembering this wrong)
but it appeared that Kolstad was the instigator and attacked Nelson first resulting in his and this other kid's retaliation,

Even the later news reports indicated everyone was behaving badly. But only one side gave the other side brain damage.

It's not like every bro scuffle results in charges so nothing unusual on that end of no charges.

Been here since November of 2010 and you missed all the other posts on the subject huh? :rolleyes:

That's correct and no, no pending charges against Kolstad. It was really just a bunch of drunk meat heads being meat heads, but only one got hurt. All three of the parties took cheap shots or sucker punches at one another.

"Jail for man who joined ex-Gopher QB in Mankato attack on Kolstad" Star Tribune Sub-Headline on website. Misleading IMO.

I know the court system gets really backed up but that does feel like a really long time. According to the story Shelly pled guilty back in March. The story also indicates that the Kolstad's are going after Nelson, Shelly, and 2 Mankato bars in civil suits.

"The sentencing was followed by the announcement of a civil lawsuit filed against Shelley, Phillip Nelson, and the two downtown Mankato establishments that served the men drinks that fateful night. Those establishments are Blue Bricks and The South Street Saloon. Kolstad family attorney Ken White said Friday morning that all parties involved in the lawsuit have been served papers."

So probably another couple years in store as they go for every penny they can get, whether they deserve it or not.

They don't.

Been here since November of 2010 and you missed all the other posts on the subject huh? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I don't have the time of day to scour Gopherhole and every post made....this would be why i'm asking now.

Yeah, I don't have the time of day to scour Gopherhole and every post made....this would be why i'm asking now.

You look thru every post to find what you want? Yeah, that would be tedious. There's an "Advanced Search" option in the upper right of the page. Pretty easy to use

You're welcome.

You look thru every post to find what you want? Yeah, that would be tedious. There's an "Advanced Search" option in the upper right of the page. Pretty easy to use

You're welcome.
Where do you find that in Tapatalk?

Thank you.

Given that Nelson isn't assured the starting spot, I'm going with Leidner. I don't care what waitwhat says.

Nelson has been awarded the starting spot, that has been published by ECU. There is no comparison between Nelson and Leidner. Leidner was a projected TE for MN. That's how he plays QB, just like a TE would. Nelson is a true QB. Now that he has a competent coach, QB coach, and OC, I think he will surprise all. Bets on!!

Nelson has been awarded the starting spot, that has been published by ECU. There is no comparison between Nelson and Leidner. Leidner was a projected TE for MN. That's how he plays QB, just like a TE would. Nelson is a true QB. Now that he has a competent coach, QB coach, and OC, I think he will surprise all. Bets on!!

Since you're clearly Nelson's dad (or perhaps even Nelson himself) you're obviously not biased or anything.

Thanks. I needed a chuckle. :D

Well one of them quit because he felt his team wasn't dedicated to the pass enough while he completed 50% of his passes..... there is one comparison...

Well one of them quit because he felt his team wasn't dedicated to the pass enough while he completed 50% of his passes..... there is one comparison...

Is that why Nelson PN9 (yeah i did that) quit the gophers? I didn't recall him giving a reason and assumed he butted heads with JK1 and JK1 told him to suck it up or beat it. JK1 will stand for 0 back sass.

Is that why Nelson PN9 (yeah i did that) quit the gophers? I didn't recall him giving a reason and assumed he butted heads with JK1 and JK1 told him to suck it up or beat it. JK1 will stand for 0 back sass.

I recall him outright saying he wanted to go to a team more committed to passing.

Strange thing to say when his stats weren't that great. I guess if we just committed to not doing well there more often ... more?

Top Bottom