Give Our Players A Standing Ovation at the Ohio U Game

hungan1

Reaction score
I think it a nice gesture to give our players a standing ovation before the start of the game.

So show your support for the team!

They deserved it for all the hard work they put in.

They won against KSU in spite of the decimated and disarrayed O-Line. These are eighteen to twenty year old kids who played their hearts out for us.

Go Gophers! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

I think it a nice gesture to give our players a standing ovation before the start of the game.

They deserved it for all the hard work they put in.

They won against KSU in spite of the decimated and disarrayed O-Line. These are eighteen to twenty year old kids who played their hearts out for us.

Go Gophers! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

I agree 100%

Describe how this will work. You mean stand and cheer when the team comes out? We already do that.

I agree, we need to cheer up the players. Let's have a Sid on a Stick Day.

What about Limegrover? What can we do to cheer him up?

Stand up and clap before the first offensive series.

Please tell me you are kidding. If our players are so fragile mentally that some fans complaining on the internet or media members not patting on the back for giving it the old college try is enough to make them curl up in the fetal position then we have no shot going forward.

The morons that reach out to guys like Leidner directly on twitter and what not are out of line but that goes with the territory in this day and age.

The fact that expectations have been raised by the fan base should be seen as a positive. People are not content to watch the team go out and lay an egg on offense against a bad team and just write it off with a gee they sure did try hard. There is an expectation that the team is improving and becoming a legit contender for the conference championship. Efforts like the one we saw against Kent State are not going to get the team where we all want to see it. The personal attacks need to go away but it is 100% fair to raise questions about the direction of the offense at this point as 3 games into this season the offense continues to be by far the weakest part of the team.

These are college athletes, not high schoolers or youth sports participants. They need to be able to take a little criticism especially when their play on the field has not been up to the level the coaches and fans expect to see at this point from the Gophers. The fact that the fans are disappointed is in some ways a good thing because it means they care. I would rather have that then the "same old Gophers" apathy that has been around here for way too long. Fans expect more now because they have seen the team start to move in the right direction and they want to see that continue.

I think everyone should stand and put their arm around the person on each side of them and give the offense a ceremonial group hug.

Good try. All positive suggestions welcome. And, of course, will be met with the usual stuff. Too bad there wasn't a way to have a discussion on GH by invitation only.

Please tell me you are kidding. If our players are so fragile mentally that some fans complaining on the internet or media members not patting on the back for giving it the old college try is enough to make them curl up in the fetal position then we have no shot going forward.

The morons that reach out to guys like Leidner directly on twitter and what not are out of line but that goes with the territory in this day and age.

The fact that expectations have been raised by the fan base should be seen as a positive. People are not content to watch the team go out and lay an egg on offense against a bad team and just write it off with a gee they sure did try hard. There is an expectation that the team is improving and becoming a legit contender for the conference championship. Efforts like the one we saw against Kent State are not going to get the team where we all want to see it. The personal attacks need to go away but it is 100% fair to raise questions about the direction of the offense at this point as 3 games into this season the offense continues to be by far the weakest part of the team.

These are college athletes, not high schoolers or youth sports participants. They need to be able to take a little criticism especially when their play on the field has not been up to the level the coaches and fans expect to see at this point from the Gophers. The fact that the fans are disappointed is in some ways a good thing because it means they care. I would rather have that then the "same old Gophers" apathy that has been around here for way too long. Fans expect more now because they have seen the team start to move in the right direction and they want to see that continue.
Well written. And I agree.

Sorry, MNVCGUY, but you can't have it both ways. You call out bad behavior, then support it. Make up your mind. Booing your own team is bad behavior, unless they're not playing hard. This team will never be guilty of that. You trying to justify BAD behavior is an indictment of your character, not a justified action because you and fans like you "want to see that continue." Feel free to come on here and express your views, but be aware that some of us might criticize you and "expect more" from you. That should be viewed as a positive.

Sorry, MNVCGUY, but you can't have it both ways. You call out bad behavior, then support it. Make up your mind. Booing your own team is bad behavior, unless they're not playing hard. This team will never be guilty of that. You trying to justify BAD behavior is an indictment of your character, not a justified action because you and fans like you "want to see that continue." Feel free to come on here and express your views, but be aware that some of us might criticize you and "expect more" from you. That should be viewed as a positive.

While I understand that I am wasting my time and you are just going to cherrypick whatever you need to prove your point I will try again. As I stated in my post the people making direct personal attacks against the players are morons and out of line. That is the case for any level of sports. I am talking about the fans that would get in a players face, or contact that player on their personal email or social media sites. That kind of behavior is bad and out of line.

Which is not the same as fans/media being disappointed in the play of the team on the field and expressing their opinions about it. They are two completely different types of behavior. I don't condone the personal direct attacks, but I 100% understand the frustration from a good portion of the fan base about how the offense is playing. Again they are two very different things even if people like you refuse to see that because it proves your point and gives you a reason to shout down anyone that might say something that you don't view as positive about the team.

Go ahead and twist that into whatever you want to make it out to be. Or better yet just put me on your ignore list.

What about Limegrover? What can we do to cheer him up?

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
XOXOXOXOXOX19OXOXOXOXOXOXOX
OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Notice the wrinkle?

I'll stand for the defense and give them my condolences that they're in the position they're in.

i thought we already gave the team a standing ovation at the start of the game and a special one for the offense after each score by playing the Rouser.

While I understand that I am wasting my time and you are just going to cherrypick whatever you need to prove your point I will try again. As I stated in my post the people making direct personal attacks against the players are morons and out of line. That is the case for any level of sports. I am talking about the fans that would get in a players face, or contact that player on their personal email or social media sites. That kind of behavior is bad and out of line.

Which is not the same as fans/media being disappointed in the play of the team on the field and expressing their opinions about it. They are two completely different types of behavior. I don't condone the personal direct attacks, but I 100% understand the frustration from a good portion of the fan base about how the offense is playing. Again they are two very different things even if people like you refuse to see that because it proves your point and gives you a reason to shout down anyone that might say something that you don't view as positive about the team.

Go ahead and twist that into whatever you want to make it out to be. Or better yet just put me on your ignore list.
I'm not shouting. I'm disappointed in the offense. The coaches are disappointed. So are the players. There are reasons. There are varying opinions. Let's discuss our views. But classless behavior doesn't get a pass. The Gopher fan base should want to be a proud community, not one that is behaving poorly. If that perspective offends you, or anyone, you're entitled to be offended.

Don't think of the fans as booing a starting QB but the boos are encouraging another qb to come into the game (or booing is a signal to run outside the tackles some time during the game).

While we are at, why not give the Ohio U. boys a nice round of applause, too. Those boys work hard also.

Does anyone remember the last time the Gopher fans booed their coach at home?

Top Bottom