TCU Football Forum - KillerFrogs.com

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
GopherHoler's - we know some of you have already found the fine fans at KillerFrogs.com, but those that haven't, here is a link to their message board forum:

http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?/forum/4-frog-fan-forum/

and a thread about GopherHole posters:

http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?/topic/193329-minnesota-forum/

and this classic post from "netty2424"

This feels like a junior high dance where guys on one side of the room and girls on the other and teachers trying to get people to meet in the middle and dance.

Interesting that they think we changed our offense this year and are now running the spread. Not sure where they got that information.

Interesting that they think we changed our offense this year and are now running the spread. Not sure where they got that information.

I was thinking the same thing.... Maybe they're talking about the fact we'll be hopefully passing the ball a bit more now that we have some more receiver talent? I dunno.

gophers pass more than 10% = spread offense.... LOL.

An occasional no huddle = spread...LoL

I came over here to check it out, thanks for approving me guys. I look forward to the game!

polar bears with icicles = spread

Well, depends on your definition of spread.

"You can boil down the reason behind why teams are labelled as spread or pro-style teams not in how they use their H and Y positions, which is arguably most important, but whether they are in the shotgun or not.

If a team is under center even a modest amount of time, someone is going to call them a "pro-style" attack, even if they are a four-receiver run and shoot team. If a team runs option-plays from the shotgun on a regular basis, even if they are frequently doing so with tight ends and fullbacks on the field, they are going to be frequently labelled as a shotgun spread."

http://www.footballstudyhall.com/20...ats-the-difference-Florida-State-Oregon-Ducks

flat mega wide swing pass = spread offense

lack of humidity = spread

Opposing message boards are the worst part of the CFB fan experience. Learned that years back. Its predictable.
If we're playing a really good team like TCU :
TCU fan: I was on MNs board and they had a predict the score thread where 80% of MN fans predicted a TCU win by 7 but randomuser534 predicted they would win!

Other poster: What? How dare he not bow down to our predicted superiority! MN fans are delusional! They're terrible! MN sucks so how dare he even give an opinion about CFB? Since my favorite team is goo that means my opinion is more valid than every fan of every team I think my team is better than! Let me make a joke about Caddyshack or cold because I'm original and unique!

Other posters: rabble rabble rabble.

Its a gathering of hive minded stupidity in which people find reasons to get mad and say stuff like 'I hope their players are as confident as their fans when we beat them'.

Opposing message boards are the worst part of the CFB fan experience. Learned that years back. Its predictable.
If we're playing a really good team like TCU :
TCU fan: I was on MNs board and they had a predict the score thread where 80% of MN fans predicted a TCU win by 7 but randomuser534 predicted they would win!

Other poster: What? How dare he not bow down to our predicted superiority! MN fans are delusional! They're terrible! MN sucks so how dare he even give an opinion about CFB? Since my favorite team is goo that means my opinion is more valid than every fan of every team I think my team is better than! Let me make a joke about Caddyshack or cold because I'm original and unique!

Other posters: rabble rabble rabble.

Its a gathering of hive minded stupidity in which people find reasons to get mad and say stuff like 'I hope their players are as confident as their fans when we beat them'.

I always get a kick out of people who go to other team's message board and report back that so-and-so fans think we're not very good or a certain player is overrated. When in reality, it is one or two people who said it and 50 people disagree.

I always get a kick out of people who go to other team's message board and report back that so-and-so fans think we're not very good or a certain player is overrated. When in reality, it is one or two people who said it and 50 people disagree.

The truth of the matter is what we as fans think means nothing. The coaches no what is happening with each team and are making up their game plans. Doubt they are checking these sites on what the other team is running.

Go Gophers

The truth of the matter is what we as fans think means nothing. The coaches no what is happening with each team and are making up their game plans. <b>Doubt they are checking these sites </b>on what the other team is running.

Go Gophers

I agree the coaches don't read GH. That is why I always send my ideas directly to Kill's email.

I agree the coaches don't read GH. That is why I always send my ideas directly to Kill's email.

Pfft. I got his pager number several years ago. Now he calls me within minutes.

What's up with Ski-u-ma and cheese curds or whateveninhell that they are?

Wait, are cheese curds a commodity that other areas of the country don't have access to? I had no idea. And that's a tragedy.

Welcome TdT.

For Ski U Mah see the "traditions" tab at the top of the page. The Google to Wiki has a nice write-up too.

As to your team and the game, can't wait. I fully expect the Frogs to be prepared but also expect the Gophers to be competitive. I think the team who makes the least mistakes takes this one.

While cheese curds are sold in almost every state, they are more exclusively eaten in the Midwest (see also Lutefisk and Lefse). The taste is similar to "American Cheese" but even less processed and aged. They come in strange shaped balls and are 100% addicting. Dip them in batter and deep fry them and you might have the perfect food: Fat, Salty, slightly Tangy, and a little Crunchy. Amazing. If you come up, you need to try them. Beer is the perfect chaser for deep fried cheese curds.

Wait, are cheese curds a commodity that other areas of the country don't have access to? I had no idea. And that's a tragedy.
My wife is from Houston and was an Aggie and it was a revelation when she had cheese curds for the first time up here.
Also, she's never been to the Texas State Fair but *loves* the Great Minnesota Get Together. :) Cheese curds are just one of many delicious things on the menu for that day.

Top Bottom