Drew Hmielewski Commits!

Promise this kid a Jessie James wife if he stays and graduates from the U!

Marshall's competition is irrelevant. Kill offers based on his camps and evaluation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CMQ75AxUYAEyiVY.png

http://247sports.com/Article/Big-year-in-Minnesota-the-Gophers-are-owning-the-state-38701141

I'm starting to get worried that we lose him to the MLB draft.

So much for all the people who claimed he was Plan B.

The facts are that Drew sat down with his family and they decided that his best prospects are as a football player. I don't foresee losing him to baseball, unless he gets drafted in the first couple of rounds and gets a ridiculous signing bonus, that chance is slim at best.

This dude has Decker, Maynard, Biletnikoff written all over him. Heck.....if we get lucky.......he could be the next Ed McCaffrey.

This dude has Decker, Maynard, Biletnikoff written all over him. Heck.....if we get lucky.......he could be the next Ed McCaffrey.

I was thinking Steve Largent.

If you're looking for a white WR, the pinnacle is Ricky Proehl. Unstoppable as a Phoenix Cardinal on Tecmo Bowl.

Marshall's competition is irrelevant. Kill offers based on his camps and evaluation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comp may be irrelevant to his talent but may have an effect on his learning curve once he gets here

Of those mentioned only Proehl has similar speed but lacked the frame. He could be much better than Decker before it is over. I doubt he redshirts.

Of those mentioned only Proehl has similar speed but lacked the frame. He could be much better than Decker before it is over. I doubt he redshirts.

Look at the roster. I have no doubt he redshirts.

Special teams for both him and Carter. Perhaps more of this '16 class. If they become ST stars they will hit the field in relief duty or even more by the end of the year. The best athletes will get PT despite intense competition. This class isn't over. Months ago I mentioned we could have 5 or 6 playing in all-star games at the end of the year. That is beginning to take shape.

Special teams for both him and Carter. Perhaps more of this '16 class. If they become ST stars they will hit the field in relief duty or even more by the end of the year. The best athletes will get PT despite intense competition. This class isn't over. Months ago I mentioned we could have 5 or 6 playing in all-star games at the end of the year. That is beginning to take shape.

Who is the last MN WR to play as a true frosh and mostly on ST? As talented as all last years WRs seem to be they all took a RS and this kid is fairly raw. This staff loves to play true frosh DBs and LBs on ST but not so much offensive guys.

Love the comparisons and even possible projections of a guy who has not even played a down in college to Decker who is an upper tier WR in the NFL.

Love the comparisons and even possible projections of a guy who has not even played a down in college to Decker who is an upper tier WR in the NFL.

I hope he sticks to football and baseball. Don't really want him playing for Pitino too.

NDSU has to be pissed that Jerry doesnt let these kids fall to their program like Brewster did.

NDSU has to be pissed that Jerry doesnt let these kids fall to their program like Brewster did.

To be fair, the UMN has passed up players who shined at NDSU and played in the NFL long before Brewster was here. Steve Nelson, Stacy Robinson, and Craig Dahl come to mind.

per Sid:

• Drew Hmielewski, the two-sport Gophers recruit from Marshall, Minn., injured his shoulder playing football this past season and likely will be redshirted. His father, Chris, is the athletic director at Southwest Minnesota State.

http://www.startribune.com/recovering-leidner-eager-to-get-back-at-it-for-u/368560141/

Go Gophers!!

Not how I imagined, but correct.

Top Bottom