2015 Recruiting Class Highlights

MadtownGopher

Reaction score
We need something to get excited about going into next year and I think a thread solely devoted to incoming recruits' highlights is just the thing. Can't wait to see Dorsey, Johnson, McBrayer, and Nwankwo in the maroon and gold.

One thing you all should be excited about, and patient with, is in 3 years when Bakary and Gas are seniors and about 30 years old and JW is a Junior, all three will have had 3 summers of workouts in our weight programs. We are going to have some NICE size in the middle. They don't have to be scoring machines, our quick guards can funnel the action into the middle and those guys focus on disruption and rebounds.

Pair it up with some long and athletic 4s which hopefully start showing up.... and I really like the 1-3 positions recruiting speed and handles.

If you cant see the vision you're not trying, and if the vision doesn't make a lot of sense to you then you're never going to like this team. The litmus test will be whether or not we can recruit those types of 4s and if our Bigs improve from an athleticism standpoint to be able to disrupt and rebound.

One thing you all should be excited about, and patient with, is in 3 years when Bakary and Gas are seniors and about 30 years old and JW is a Junior, all three will have had 3 summers of workouts in our weight programs. We are going to have some NICE size in the middle. They don't have to be scoring machines, our quick guards can funnel the action into the middle and those guys focus on disruption and rebounds.

Pair it up with some long and athletic 4s which hopefully start showing up.... and I really like the 1-3 positions recruiting speed and handles.

If you cant see the vision you're not trying, and if the vision doesn't make a lot of sense to you then you're never going to like this team. The litmus test will be whether or not we can recruit those types of 4s and if our Bigs improve from an athleticism standpoint to be able to disrupt and rebound.

Well said Winasota...... I don't post much on here but have been reading for a few years now. A lot of people on here seem to have already given up on next year. I believe we will be quicker, stronger, more atheletic and could possibly surprise with our young squad. These kinds of threads keep hope alive. Thanks Madtown!

Liking the look of McBrayer - a lot. Very skilled, decent ballhandler, very good passer for a 2, plenty of hops and an easy athleticism. Regarding the passing, he seems like he's always looking to make one.

Well said Winasota...... I don't post much on here but have been reading for a few years now. A lot of people on here seem to have already given up on next year. I believe we will be quicker, stronger, more atheletic and could possibly surprise with our young squad. These kinds of threads keep hope alive. Thanks Madtown!

Agree completely. Seems to have a 4 year plan built first around the development of athletic big men (konate, jn), second quick guards (mason, jj, Dorsey), and finally impact wings (hurt, hopefully coffee).

For the pessimists, I've thought this since the start. And I'm not saying that's an excuse for years 1-3, I'm just saying I see the vision for a program that can reload every year if it can balance the roster in this type of cycle. I'm excited for pitino to get his core, even if it's taken longer than we had hoped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liking the look of McBrayer - a lot. Very skilled, decent ballhandler, very good passer for a 2, plenty of hops and an easy athleticism. Regarding the passing, he seems like he's always looking to make one.

I see him as a shoot first wing, but did notice when we first started recruiting him, he's a good interior passer. My concern then, as it is now, is how close is he to having a B1G ready body. I'm not expecting a Masonlike impact as a frosh, but I like a shooter like McBrayer in every class. Good pickup by Coach P. and staff.

Top Bottom