***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS PENN STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Isn't that a fitting end to the season?

Im glad to see that Penn State can now recruit basketball players....maybe we'll get there someday?

I had 100% confidence that Newbill would make that shot.

Swept by Penn State.

Contested 3, close loss to a team we should run out of the gym at home. Gotta love it

Ski-U-Mah. Too many of these this year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A fitting ending for this senior class on senior day. Getting swept by Penn State.

I'll miss these seniors. They didn't quit, this year, which I respect. I also like King....he plays hard and with heart. Walker was awesome today, Hollins has had an awesome career, EE always brought energy and effort and even though Mattheiu didn't have as good of a year as last year. Those guys will be missed. Thanks for not quitting on the year.

I'll miss these seniors. They didn't quit, this year, which I respect. I also like King....he plays hard and with heart. Walker was awesome today, Hollins has had an awesome career, EE always brought energy and effort and even though Mattheiu didn't have as good of a year as last year. Those guys will be missed. Thanks for not quitting on the year.
Plus a million

Still got a chance to show up and pull off a couple wins in the Big Ten tourney. One of only four Big Ten teams to not win it, so why not just win it this year, for fun? We've shown we can compete with any team in the conference.

Lot of things that put us in the situation to get beat at the buzzer again. A horrible 1st half, really careless turnovers, not being able to finish buckets and get 3 point play opportunities, free throws especially late, some terrible foul calls, not being able to grab a rebound giving Penn State plenty of 2nd opportunities, a banked in 3 from Penn State, and all of that just makes it a more frustrating loss. It has been a very frustrating year for fans and I can just imagine how tough it has been for the players and coaching staff. Mason made that last shot about as tough of a shot as he could can't really fault him at all on that play. Hopefully the Gophers can at least make a little noise in the B1G tournament and create a little excitement before the season ends.

I will always watch and go to games, I just think there is something missing from afar to the coach-player relationship and I think the seniors all played hard today. It just looked like a team and a coach who is ready for the season to be over. Losing at home to nwestern and Penn st is pretty sad state affairs for any program.

The big question:

Does Pitino get offered the Florida job today or after the tournament?

Still got a chance to show up and pull off a couple wins in the Big Ten tourney. One of only four Big Ten teams to not win it, so why not just win it this year, for fun? We've shown we can compete with any team in the conference.

Just as long as we don't run into PSU :p

Well, wasn't that predictable (maybe not the 3, but we all knew Newbill wasn't going to miss whatever shot he took; just like we all knew every other team wouldn't miss their final shots either this year (or any year, for that matter))? We all knew a bad PSU team would shoot lights-out from 3, just like every Gopher opponent does. We all knew that the Gophers would come out flat today. As if anyone thought those things weren't going to happen.

A lot of salt rubbing in the wound by the BTN crew, who throughout the end of the game, in the post-game interview, and into the post-game analysis, only talked about PSU's "close" losses this year - 7 losses within what was it, 7 points? Ohhh, poor Nittany Lions! And the Gophers have how many losses within the last minute or even the last possession; with another one to add to that list? Man oh man.

This team was killed all year by bad defense and bad rebounding; and it happened again today. Hard to imagine that seniors don't know how to box out; but it happened time and again. The one senior who actually boxed out regularly no longer plays. Even Joey King, who has probably the best basketball IQ on the team, doesn't box out well. At least Konate and Diedhou appear to be trained in boxing out; I'm looking forward to that change next year.

Nobody could have predicted that Mathieu and Hollins would struggle this badly this year; or that by the end of the year EE wouldn't even play anymore. Nobody could have predicted the 3-point onslaught that would occur regularly against the team this year. With those facts behind us, it is easy to see why this team struggled this season. The team had 5 seniors, and no clear leader. Someone needs to step up next year and be the man.

Top Bottom