***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS SPARTANS GAME THREAD!!!!!!!!***

Anyone know the last time we beat a ranked team in a true road game?

Michigan State has had 6 overtime games this season and lost four of them. They lost to Texas Southern, Notre Dame, Maryland, and Minnesota. They beat Michigan and Northwestern. Looks like when Morris missed that free throw at the end of regulation, we had them right where we wanted them.

Thought they were 25? Could be wrong though.

Saw that on the TV scoreboard.

Too bad Morris didn't make the ft to win in reg. That would have been a true storybook ending and maybe #1 on SS?

Nate Mason with 10 assists and 2 turnovers in the last two games.

Does anyone have the last minute of the game not OT. Need to relive that again.

Anyone know the last time we beat a ranked team in a true road game?

We beat a #12 Illinois team in Champaign on January 9, 2013.

We also beat #7 Indiana on January 12, 2012.

Wow, I couldn't watch because I had a dinner I needed to go to. Saw we were down 4 with 30 seconds left and figured we'd lose another close one, so I didn't bother checking the score again. Awesome win!

Love this GIF of Izzo's face on the tying 3.

proxy.jpg

Nate Mason - next year and beyond is going to be fun to watch. Especially with the guards coming in next year. He's a mini stud now - and should just get better. Let's hope that Konate and Diedhiou work their butts off during the spring - summer - and fall. And Joey can add 10lbs or so. IF SO - maybe next year won't look so scary.

Nate Mason - next year and beyond is going to be fun to watch. Especially with the guards coming in next year. He's a mini stud now - and should just get better. Let's hope that Konate and Diedhiou work their butts off during the spring - summer - and fall. And Joey can add 10lbs or so. IF SO - maybe next year won't look so scary.

Don't know if anyone else noticed. He was very vocal today, a lot more leading.. Not sure THIS team is listening to him, but next year he just might lead the team.

That was a beauty of a game. Both teams executing and having great movement on offense. Both teams making each other work to score. This is a game worth watching a few times to see these kids raise up to another level for perhaps the first time this season. Very good win!

Agreed. However the FT shooting down the stretch for both teams was atrocious. Either way, a nice W and something to build on. Very proud the team didn't implode in OT.

Don't know if anyone else noticed. He was very vocal today, a lot more leading.. Not sure THIS team is listening to him, but next year he just might lead the team.

I think he has to be the leader next year for us to be successful.

Nate Mason has been everything I hoped he'd be and more - except for the free throws, of course.

Really was a fun game to watch tonight. I was impressed with both the mental and physical toughness the team showed throughout the game. I thought most everyone was solid tonight but really liked seeing guys that will be returning next year step up at the end of the game.

Love it - must have been an exhilarating experience!! And laughed hearing someone yell at Izzo
And wow! great seats!

The guy yelling at Izzo was trying to make a point. He was going to say..."Foul before they take a shot. Two free throws won't tie the game." Difference in philosophy on how to approach the end of a game. I can see both options as having merit. Foul before hand or play tough defense and let the clock run out while hoping they don't get a good look.

Top Bottom