NCAA Tourney

Gopherbbdude

Reaction score
Gophers in or out?

Can they make a run yet?

I think it's possible to win every game here on out except for UW. not likely however.

4/5 days in March.

Starting tomorrow night we're going ba**s out for the #10 (BTT) seed!

As January is just about over, I was thinking to myself about how many times we had great seasons going that got derailed when we turned into the proverbial pumpkin with a miserable February. I can think of no better way for Pitino to show there has been a changing of the guard than to turn a disappointing season around with an amazing February runs. Struggling teams get hot all of the time in every sport, so hopefully our Gophs can figure out how to make it happen.

Gophers in or out?

Can they make a run yet?

In or out? Out. Bad Gopher was right when he said the critical stretch was the first five games of the conference season. If the team had played much better in the four games after that, I might feel differently but they are up and down at best.

Can they make a run? Yes, but it likely would be the kind of run Illinois made last year. After their season looked lost, they became a very tough opponent over those last five conference games and their two Big Ten tournament games. It was enough to get them a second seed in the NIT but not nearly enough to get them in the NCAA tournament.

I think it's possible to win every game here on out except for UW.

I know it's possible to win every game here on out, including UW. I said 8-10 before the season. Now 6-12 is looking pretty optimistic.

Top Bottom