Buying and Donating Tickets

Iceland12

Reaction score
Talked to Ticket Office yesterday and today they called back. Told them that we saw the Student Tcket Package last night and it was a great idea. Thought it made the idea of buying and donating tickets to Students moot. They said that they are still selling Student Tickets at $25 and if we wanted to buy some and donate them they will be more than happy to accommodate us.

Told them about Texas Aggie's kind offer for a Military Donation. They said they don't have that available yet.

Well, are people up for? Do you want to try something like this, take T. Aggie up on his offer or just buy a ticket or two as a donation souvenir? Does Gopherhole want to put their name on something like this?

Mr.Bigelow/GopherLady/Upnorth/Doc/Nokomis etc.: Somebody should respond to this copying the O.P. With the number of people that have put me on their Ignore List through the years I'm afraid many people wouldn't know about it otherwise. :eek:

Knowing a few more details about where they're going to end up, I would definitely buy 4 for a worthy cause.

Knew that you guys and a few others can be counted on. When they call back, I'll see if there is someway we can "identify" ourselves, a code, calling a particular person etc. so we can make an individual/group donation.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?51338-Upset-About-Bowl-Placement-Buy-Tickets

Sh!t, for $200 I'd consider sponsoring a deserving student for the trip to Houston. Better than sending $0.43/day to Sally Struthers in Africa, right?

I would be interested in donating a pair of tickets. Unfortunately, there is no way I can make the trip myself.

I would donate if I could. Unfortunately, I am a non-profit myself. I'm so broke that I can't even pay attention.

Therefore, the best I can do is yell GO GOPHERS!!!

Sh!t, for $200 I'd consider sponsoring a deserving student for the trip to Houston. Better than sending $0.43/day to Sally Struthers in Africa, right?

Gloria Stivic is in Africa?!:eek:

Very generous offer by the way.

I'm definitely down to donate 4 tickets since my work schedule just screwed me for that week....grrrrr

I'm in for 2 tix. Can't make the trip, family commitments. Just let me know where to click/call if this gets organized into a real thing.

I got a call into the Ticket Office. I'll let you know what I hear.

I called the ticket office this morning and said I thought there was a lot of interest in donating tickets. They said they couldn't directly facilitate the donations, but that it was possible that they could work with a local charity to hand off the donation process after people like myself make the ticket purchases. They didn't know if it would be a charity local to the Twin Cities or to Houston.

Boys & Girls Club in Houston

I wonder if we could get something set-up with the Houston area boys and girls club, it would be nice if we could as a community (gopherhole) donate tickets to them (raising new little gopher fans). How would we accomplish this?

Okay Here It Is

Just bought four tickets for donation. We talked about it yesterday and they too think that once the Student Tour Special was announced that the demand for Student Tickets by themselves would be minimal so this is what they came up with.

They are asking that you call the Ticket Office at 612-624-8080 prompt 2. The prompt 2 will take you to the Service Desk; the people that work with out of town events. Tell them you'd like buy tickets for donation. Presently they are working with the Houston YMCA but they may get others involved also.

Don't know how many tickets we'll buy as a group but it's nice to hear of this generosity during the Christmas and Holiday Season.

Go Gophers indeed!

I would donate if I could. Unfortunately, I am a non-profit myself. I'm so broke that I can't even pay attention.

Therefore, the best I can do is yell GO GOPHERS!!!

Wait there cowboy. You can head to the " valley of the sun " and yet you can't afford too
buy a couple of 25.00 tickets to support the team?? You probably spend that much on a Friday night at Mable
Murphys.

Just bought four tickets for donation. We talked about it yesterday and they too think that once the Student Tour Special was announced that the demand for Student Tickets by themselves would be minimal so this is what they came up with.

They are asking that you call the Ticket Office at 612-624-8080 prompt 2. The prompt 2 will take you to the Service Desk; the people that work with out of town events. Tell them you'd like buy tickets for donation. Presently they are working with the Houston YMCA but they may get others involved also.

Don't know how many tickets we'll buy as a group but it's nice to hear of this generosity during the Christmas and Holiday Season.

Go Gophers indeed!

I want to make sure it gets done correctly, so I call and apparently they are only open M-F 8-5. Not great service

I want to make sure it gets done correctly, so I call and apparently they are only open M-F 8-5. Not great service

Pharmacygopher: my mistake for not mentioning that. Knew those were the hours but didn't know if they'd make an exception for this Saturday. They probably didn't because so many (most?) of their ticket purchases come through the internet at gophersports.com and that's always open.

I should have figured that out sooner, but good to hear that you were being so generous.

Guess just trying to say "Good" for you and "Doh" for me.

Not sure about you, but I know I never liked working Saturday or Sunday. I think the ticket office provides very good service. Sorry you can't wait until Monday morning to do this. I hope you don't give up on the idea.

Pharmacygopher: my mistake for not mentioning that. Knew those were the hours but didn't know if they'd make an exception for this Saturday. They probably didn't because so many (most?) of their ticket purchases come through the internet at gophersports.com and that's always open.

I should have figured that out sooner, but good to hear that you were being so generous.

Guess just trying to say "Good" for you and "Doh" for me.

Not a huge deal, I just thought that they'd be open on a Saturday, especially right before a bowl game.

For those who have already purchased tickets and would like to donate them to student veterans, I would be glad to facilitate the transaction. PM me and I will send you my address to mail the tickets, and will give you details about the veteran who was able to attend the game thanks to you.

I donated two tickets but the stipulation was they had to be for hot girls only.

With the ticket office open again thought I'd bump this.

Go Gophers indeed!

Sorry if I missed this but I just tried to buy 2 tickets to donate through Gophersports and they tacked on a $20 shipping and bowl processing surcharge. I thought this was really out of line but haven't had a chance to call the ticket office yet.

I just called into the Gopher ticket office and there was no surcharge to donate the tickets. It was easy, I feel good about some youngsters being at the game and maybe they will be Gopher fans someday. Thanks Iceland12 and TexasAggie for getting these options out to everyone.

Sorry if I missed this but I just tried to buy 2 tickets to donate through Gophersports and they tacked on a $20 shipping and bowl processing surcharge. I thought this was really out of line but haven't had a chance to call the ticket office yet.

We donated 3 tickets and had one sent to our house as a "keepsake". They didn't charge me the surcharge for the donated tickets but since I technically placed two orders they had to charge me for the second Non-donation ticket order. He said he'd try and get it changed but told him that was okay.

Just signed-on my "Gophers" e-mail and had the message that Maximus refereed to. They told me they were trying to get others involved with the ticket donations. Looks like they did.

However, if you are unable to make the trip to Texas, but still want to support Coach Kill and team in Houston, there are a few unique opportunities to do so. You can still make an impact on attendance at the bowl game by purchasing and donating tickets for just $25 per ticket. Tickets will be donated to University of Minnesota students and the Epilepsy Foundation of Texas. Tickets can be purchased through this Friday, December 20th. Once purchased, Gopher Sports will coordinate all distribution. Donated tickets will not be tax deductible.

Gopher Sports has coordinated a travel package for U of M students to get them from The North Star State to the Lone Star State in a “Brick by Brick Bowl Trip” to cheer on our Golden Gophers. Student travel interest is incredibly high, with the first student bus selling out in less than 45 minutes last week. Through the Epilepsy Foundation of Minnesota, Gopher Sports has partnered with the Epilepsy Foundation of Texas, who will be coordinating efforts to get tickets to youth summer camp attendees. Last summer approximately 300 youth with epilepsy attended camps in the Houston area.

Support Coach Kill and the football student-athletes in Houston as we continue to build our program Brick by Brick. To purchase and donate tickets, please call Gopher Fan Relations at 1-800-U-GOPHER or 612-624-8080 and choose Option 2. Gopher Fan Relations is open Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m

From the U
Support Coach Kill and the football student-athletes in Houston as we continue to build our program Brick by Brick. To purchase and donate tickets, please call Gopher Fan Relations at 1-800-U-GOPHER or 612-624-8080 and choose Option 2. Gopher Fan Relations is open Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

I'd rather deal with a machine, but I will suck it up and talk to a real person.

I'm a Vietnam vet who can't go but I would be more than happy to donate two tickets to a couple of current ROTC students or former military vets.

Top Bottom