To all the Student Section haters

There was also a big face of mike brusewitz with a clown nose on it that was confiscated if i'm not mistaken.

The student section was fantastic!!!

afurry91, I'm sure you're being sarcastic, but the Carrot Top with clown nose that the students have been using all season sure did look like the Turnover Machine Brusewitz!

Go Gophers!!

I admit I don't like the f whoever chants, but I wish we would have replaced one of those with an "Andre Hollins" chant.

Agree though, student section and all the fans were awesome tonight.

The student section seems to really rally around hating Wisconsin, which was cool, even if you aren't a fan of the "F*** Bo Ryan" cheer, they were very energetic tonight.

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but they were chanting "Needledick!" at free throw shooters. I thought it was hilarious that they chose that of all things.

Student section sounded good on TV tonight and that's big considering a lot of this game was tough to watch/get in to. I personally don't care about what is chanted as long as it's loud and the kids are having an impact on the game.

Edit: I take that back Mizzou used to have a student section that went way over the line with some really personal stuff if I remember correctly. Obviously, I'd care if things were taken over the line to that degree. (Taunts about illness, disabilities, etc)

Student section sounded good on TV tonight and that's big considering a lot of this game was tough to watch/get in to. I personally don't care about what is chanted as long as it's loud and the kids are having an impact on the game.

Edit: I take that back Mizzou used to have a student section that went way over the line with some really personal stuff if I remember correctly. Obviously, I'd care if things were taken over the line to that degree. (Taunts about illness, disabilities, etc)

I heard that the Duke student section chanted "How's your grandma?" at a recent game at a player whose grandma had died within the last week or two.

I heard that the Duke student section chanted "How's your grandma?" at a recent game at a player whose grandma had died within the last week or two.

Supposedly that was just a few students and don't believe it was on the their cheer sheet, still a low blow though. Very inappropriate.

I thought the whole crowd was louder and much more active than normal, but the student section was the key. I do not understand the repeated references to “F#@* Bo Ryan!!!” chants. I was at the game with my seven year-old and from our seats it was pretty clear that the students were chanting “Duck Boat Riot!!!” We weren’t sure why.

I thought the whole crowd was louder and much more active than normal, but the student section was the key. I do not understand the repeated references to “F#@* Bo Ryan!!!” chants. I was at the game with my seven year-old and from our seats it was pretty clear that the students were chanting “Duck Boat Riot!!!” We weren’t sure why.

Duck Boat Riot!!! would be another great name for a band.

Duck Boat Riot. Outstanding.

I believe I'll teach my 5 and 9 year old boys this chant for every Gopher-Badger game we attend.

I'm not a huge fan of the "F@%# Bo Ryan" chant, but I seriously hate that guy. I'd honestly prefer that the student section chanted "Buck Fo Ryan!"....it seems more clever and maybe a bit more classy. I have an 11 year old - unfortunately I can't get away with the "Duck Boat Riot" chant.

I think you and your son or daughter should make an appointment with an audiologist (I know a really good one at the U). I don't think that's what the students were chanting.......

As far as the the "**** Bo Ryan" chants go. I made the discovery last night that the "Barnyard" group, which is a small group of people that sign up and put all the information out on the seats among other things (they also get reserved seating in the first few rows) are instructed to to chant "Let's Go Gophers!" Whenever the "**** Bo Ryan" chants start. It is quite comical watching the few of them trying to drown out the chant.

Bo Ryan is my second most favorite person on the face of the earth. All other living beings are tied for first.

As far as the the "**** Bo Ryan" chants go. I made the discovery last night that the "Barnyard" group, which is a small group of people that sign up and put all the information out on the seats among other things (they also get reserved seating in the first few rows) are instructed to to chant "Let's Go Gophers!" Whenever the "**** Bo Ryan" chants start. It is quite comical watching the few of them trying to drown out the chant.

That's funny......Reminds me of the funniest thing I've ever seen at the Barn.......Joel Maturi introducing Tim Brewster at halftime of the Illini game, Good Lord you had to be there.

Someone in the student section over on my side had a sign with a picture of Bo holding a shake weight or something like that. Think it said, "Bo, do you even lift?"

We're actually lucky a few fights didn't break out. The people in/near the student section who were wearing Wisconsin gear were getting a lot of verbal abuse...and a lot of it was way over the line...and some of it ventured into the physical. If I'm a a game and someone starts poking me with a big foam finger, they lose their finger. The people wearing the Wisconsin gear showed a lot of control. Of course, they weren't bugging the hot chick.

this is because the U has received an official warning from the NCAA about it. If the barnyard did not attempt to stop it, it would result in a 25,000 fine and a 3rd warning is a full ban of a student section.

My all time favorite was Jess Settles from Iowa shooting FT's to the loud chorus of "6 more years, 6 more years, 6 more years".

this is because the U has received an official warning from the NCAA about it. If the barnyard did not attempt to stop it, it would result in a 25,000 fine and a 3rd warning is a full ban of a student section.

Link?

Someone in the student section over on my side had a sign with a picture of Bo holding a shake weight or something like that. Think it said, "Bo, do you even lift?"

We're actually lucky a few fights didn't break out. The people in/near the student section who were wearing Wisconsin gear were getting a lot of verbal abuse...and a lot of it was way over the line...and some of it ventured into the physical. If I'm a a game and someone starts poking me with a big foam finger, they lose their finger. The people wearing the Wisconsin gear showed a lot of control. Of course, they weren't bugging the hot chick.

Think maybe folks are getting sick of the WI fans crap? There's no excuse for anything close to physical, but man, some WI fans know how to piss people off. if I went to Kohl Center and acted like some of the Vadger fans I've seen at the Barn over the years, I'd expect it. That's not good to hear though.

My favorite from last night was when they started chanting bulls shirt a couple security guards started yelling at the student section to stop and they all pointed at the kid holding the bulls shirt and the security started laughing and said Oh you guys got us.

I am on "the barnyard" and was at the meeting where we were warned. As much as we wanted to join in with other students, the "lets go gophers" cheers were enough to show we were trying to stop it.

My all time favorite was Jess Settles from Iowa shooting FT's to the loud chorus of "6 more years, 6 more years, 6 more years".

I still love when Anthony Tucker was here with Winona and at the FT line he got chanted with "Who likes drinking? He likes drinking" and "One more beer! One more beer!" Lol i was pretty proud of our student section then.

I don't condone violence or that bad of insults that cross the line, and the students who did and have done it shouldn't be proud.

That said, don't act like an arrogant jerk by either sitting in the opposing student section or taunting them if u r nearby and expect things to be peaceful. Saw multiple Wisconsin fans acting like idiots standing up flashing the W after a minute of play. Doing that in the opposing arena will get you insulted and you shouldn't be shocked when it happens.

It is after all, our arena.

Btw, liked that sign too lol another job well done. Still waiting for the grinch costume tho from someone. They are just a lot more expensive than you'd expect.

I still love the "Hide your laptop!" which transitioned to "Mac or PC" chants that the Drake student section had going against Royce White and Iowa State. He went 3-9 from the free throw line that night I believe.

Top Bottom