Tubby Bashers

Parski1

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe beating Bucky will shut you up for a few days!!

Not likely. The sausage tastes good, but it looked ugly getting made. Then again, there's no other kind against Wisconsin.

Can we agree on this board not to get high or low on this team when they win or lose a game.

Can we agree on this board not to get high or low on this team when they win or lose a game.

Yep. Take the advise of the one MN coach in the last 30 years almost everyone likes...Tom Kelly.

A must win. Tubby still has some work to do. But it's a start. I will get sky high when we beat Bo and Bucky thank you.

While it feels great to win one over Bucky, it really is just 1 win, but string together another nice one at Iowa on Sunday, and now you've got stuff rollin and some momentum and confidence headin into the next several games. Let's see if we can string a couple together now.

They can savor it now, but they know there is a lot of work to be done starting tommorrow in preparing for Sunday.

While it feels great to win one over Bucky, it really is just 1 win, but string together another nice one at Iowa on Sunday, and now you've got stuff rollin and some momentum and confidence headin into the next several games. Let's see if we can string a couple together now.

They can savor it now, but they know there is a lot of work to be done starting tommorrow in preparing for Sunday.

Whatever you say, young man.

The Tubby haters were demanding for him to be fired at the end of the game if they lost with a couple minutes left to go in the 1st half.

Tubby Haters HATE. That's what they do. They are haters. Tubby could win the next 16 games in a row, and the Tubby Haters would grumble and say, "Damn, now we are stuck with him for the next decade".

The Tubby haters were demanding for him to be fired at the end of the game if they lost with a couple minutes left to go in the 1st half.

Tubby Haters HATE. That's what they do. They are haters. Tubby could win the next 16 games in a row, and the Tubby Haters would grumble and say, "Damn, now we are stuck with him for the next decade".

LOL....They're also praying that Smart or Sanders will want coach here.

Tubby critics would love to see us win sixteen in a row ,get a new practice building, and get the big three recruits and give Tubby a lifetime deal. Just because people are sick of the results doesn't mean your a hater.

The real question is will Moses87, golden gophers and gopherinpain post before we lose another game.

Haha, parents letting you stay up late?

Still had his team looking completely lost on offense for 30 minutes of the game. One win doesn't change the fact that he hasn't won a NCAA tourney game and has collapsed down the stretch of every B1G season.

We outplayed the skunks and they couldn't score on us the final 10 minutes. I liked how we pulled together and played a great OT.

I also like that we got what seemed like some slightly moderate home cooking, at least as far as fouls were concerned (though not necessarily the loose balls). There were a few non-calls for us, defensively, that had me pleasantly surprised: How rare a treat that is as a Gopher fan.

Tubby critics would love to see us win sixteen in a row ,get a new practice building, and get the big three recruits and give Tubby a lifetime deal. Just because people are sick of the results doesn't mean your a hater.

+1. If the Gophers win the next 16 games, it would be substantial circumstantial evidence that Tubby's coaching of the team is much much better than the Tubby "haters" currently think it is. I'm pretty sure that most of these "haters" would be willing to change their opinion if the proposed scenario plays out.

I also like that we got what seemed like some slightly moderate home cooking, at least as far as fouls were concerned (though not necessarily the loose balls). There were a few non-calls for us, defensively, that had me pleasantly surprised: How rare a treat that is as a Gopher fan.
Like the terrible charge call that the announcers were giving Carrot Top the defense player of the decade award for. That sure wasn't home cooking.

Wisky didn't score a fg in what, the final 6 or 7 min of reg and the first 2 or 3 min of ot.

That and the botched baseline throwin by wisky was the ball game.

goldengophers --

Too funny. Just because I don't have one foot in the grave like you possibly do, doesn't mean I live with my parents. I own my own home, my own business, and have adult children of my own.

But its a fact of life, people with hate in their heart are blinded by that hate.

Like the terrible charge call that the announcers were giving Carrot Top the defense player of the decade award for. That sure wasn't home cooking.

That was a terrible call IMO and also one that was completely expected as college officials have no clue what a charge is. One of the biggest problems with the game IMO.

Team wins a must win game at home. A game their were favored in and the Tubbyites are claiming vindication.

It was a much needed and nice win but far from dominat. Saturday is a chance to build on this win but any and all criticism of Tubby has been and still is valid.

Team wins a must win game at home. A game their were favored in and the Tubbyites are claiming vindication.

It was a much needed and nice win but far from dominat. Saturday is a chance to build on this win but any and all criticism of Tubby has been and still is valid.

Bull$hit. I neither criticize Tubby, nor do I put Tubby on a pedestal. Tubby is our coach and I support him. If someone higher than I decides to go a different route, I will support that too.

That was a terrible call IMO and also one that was completely expected as college officials have no clue what a charge is. One of the biggest problems with the game IMO.

Someone posted on another thread that there is no way that a charge would have been called if the roles would have been reversed and the game was in madison.

Agree completely. I'm not at all surprised it was called, but it is a bad call. Hollins had already committed to the shot and the defender slid over. I'm not sure he was ever set completely.

We aren't going to the NIT! Hopefully! Maybe. I think.

I'll cancel out Koolaid Don's comment and agree with you. We went to OT, at home, against a team that we should be significantly better than given the senior leadership and athletic superiority that we have. Much of our struggles are coaching related, not player related. This win tonight still doesn't take away from the glaring coaching deficiencies. For example, when Tubby called a timeout near the end of regulation when we had 8 seconds left on the shot clock, I told my wife that Tubby and his staff would have a hard time drawing up a play to get a player an open look. I said they'd end up heaving up a prayer at the last tick before the clock went off. Sure enough...that's exactly what happened. We won tonight. Great! That doesn't mean we out-coached Bo.

goldengophers --

Too funny. Just because I don't have one foot in the grave like you possibly do, doesn't mean I live with my parents. I own my own home, my own business, and have adult children of my own.

But its a fact of life, people with hate in their heart are blinded by that hate.
Hate? Are you detached from reality?

Top Bottom