All things Colton Iverson Thread

They should be pleasantly surprised, then, by his soft hands around the basket and superior touch from the free-throw line.

Not sure what an Akron fan is doing on this site, but that's a pretty funny post.

he can average whatever numbers in colorado, and I still won't be upset about him leaving, because I know whatever numbers he produces there he can't produce those numbers here in minnesota because of the depth we have upfront, him transferring was a good move for everyone involved including himself, there is no reason for someone to be mad that colt left

I live in CO and am kind of excited to watch the big nasty a couple times a week. He should be a pretty good player for a potential tourney team.

Any other players in that conference worth watching?

If the refs there give him some respect, he could be pretty good.

I wish him the best.

He looks strong as @#$# in that photo. I expect him to have a huge season & completely dominate.

If they get him down low around the basket he will be fine, Tubby wouldn't/couldn't????? use him correctly. Iverson playing the high in the high/low offense just didn't work.

Wish him nothing but the best. For him to have a very good year, his FT shooting has to improve however.

solid player, good citizen. Should get a lot a Boards, block a lot of shots and get 10 points a game

Colorado State should be pretty good this season. Tim Miles didn't leave the cupboard bare for Larry Eustachy, who's also an excellent basketball coach. I have the Rams on the fringes of my preseason Top 25 (shameless plug: see 2012-13 Road to Selection Sunday debut columns next week).

If they get him down low around the basket he will be fine, Tubby wouldn't/couldn't????? use him correctly. Iverson playing the high in the high/low offense just didn't work.

I think with how well Trevor was playing for us Tubby viewed it more valuable to have him in the low post as opposed to Iverson. If Mbakwe wasn't on the team I'm pretty confident he would have been playing exclusively on the block.

Colt 45

Wish Colt the best

I think Colt has a chance to be an all big west performer. The league could be the 5th best in the country. UNLV can play with anyone and Col st, San diego, and New Mexico should make the tourney.

Colt had some monster games. He was never rewarded with a start for it. Then when Mbakwe came on board his skills were mirrored and they couldn't play together. It wasnt until later that Mbakwe started taking and making that free throw line jumper.

If he can get some respect from the refs he could really blossum. He has post moves, is super physical, rebounds well, and can block shots. At times he had bad hands and looked lost mentally. I hope the best for him.

I think Colt has a chance to be an all big west performer. The league could be the 5th best in the country. UNLV can play with anyone and Col st, San diego, and New Mexico should make the tourney.

I'm assuming you mean the Mountain West, the conference that Colt and all of those teams actually play in. Calling it the 5th best in the country is not a huge stretch, but a stretch nonetheless.

Colt had some monster games. He was never rewarded with a start for it.

Iverson started 42 games in his Gophers career.

I wish we had Colt this year but remember, if he didn't transfer, he would have ended his eligibility last year.

Reading this reminds me that I forgot RSIII graduated. :)

Not to speak for Mr. Zips, but I believe he has a mascot problem, and you should be more sensitive regarding his affliction.

With Mo, Trevor, RS111, Elliot, there was no way that Colton was going to get much playing time. He had a terrible last year here in my opinion. I knew that he would transfer and I hoped that he would. I felt that it would have been best for both him and the Gophers. I still believe it was the best thing for him. I think he will make a differnece with Colorado State, and having a year to build on was best for him. Who knew that Mo and Trevor would both not be able to play. Who knew that RS111 would never meet expectations. Both RS111 and Colton were great citizens of the U and I wish them much success. I hope we don't wind up meeting Colton in the NCAA'S.

I'm assuming you mean the Mountain West, the conference that Colt and all of those teams actually play in. Calling it the 5th best in the country is not a huge stretch, but a stretch nonetheless.

According to RPI. MWC was 6th ranked bball conference last year.

I think CSU is going to get what they hoped for. In his first game in 2 years Colt 45 had a good start for the Rams last night in their win over Montana.
18 Points 5-8 FG and 8-12 FT. 8 Boards 3 offensive and a big stat..........only 2 fouls in 26 minutes

I think CSU is going to get what they hoped for. In his first game in 2 years Colt 45 had a good start for the Rams last night in their win over Montana.
18 Points 5-8 FG and 8-12 FT. 8 Boards 3 offensive and a big stat..........only 2 fouls in 26 minutes

Not too shabby.

Ya, but Montana's biggest man was a sheep.

he can average whatever numbers in colorado, and I still won't be upset about him leaving, because I know whatever numbers he produces there he can't produce those numbers here in minnesota because of the depth we have upfront, him transferring was a good move for everyone involved including himself, there is no reason for someone to be mad that colt left

Wow you are crazy if you do not think that Tubby would love to have Rodney at 3, Trevor at 4, and Colton at 5...that is a top 5 3-5 in the nation (if not better)....

Top Bottom