Penn St. Postgame thoughts. 1/15

CrocShots

Not Minnesota Nice
Reaction score
Put them here instead of 80 different threads.

But I spent all week thinking of creative ways to demand tubby be fired ...

Frustrating game so far. Good things happen though when Coleman is involved. At least we have the lead at half..

I've never seen so many travels called.

Are halftime thoughts OK?

Yucky 1st half, but feel good we're ahead. Fully expect us to play better in the 2nd half.

Dre Hollins looks lost. Somehow he has to figure out how to settle down.

Thank you, Joe Coleman.

that last foul on Rodney is one of the worst calls I have seen lately. The offensive rebounder jumps about 5 ft onto Rodneys back and Rodney gets the foul.

Our depth should pay off in second half.

Yucky 1st half, but feel good we're ahead. Fully expect us to play better in the 2nd half.

Dre Hollins looks lost. Somehow he has to figure out how to settle down.

Thank you, Joe Coleman.

He does look lost, but he is starting to play harder on defense. He probably did the best on Frazier.

This pedo st arena is just a morgue. Thank God for Joe Making this game a bit more exciting.

Big break there. Refs gave us two.

Coleman has made such a difference since gaining more playing time. Love his aggressive play.

Coleman has made such a difference since gaining more playing time. Love his aggressive play.
Not that I want to say I called it on here in November...but I called it on here in November :)

once this team gets a handle on the turnovers they are going to be hard to beat. Energetic, athletic, unselfish and hungry! Tubby has these guys bought in I think. Far from the "Tubby has lost this team" thread. Team looks crisp, hungry and well coached. All you people that bashed Tubby are crazy. This team has a ton of upside and you can see it happening right before you. Give it some time!

Understatement of game was by Gary: "I like Rodney Williams near the basket...with the ball"

Lots of fouls being called. Pace of game is choppy.

How can Ralph be in such perfect position for a rebound and then be outmuscled by a guard?

once this team gets a handle on the turnovers they are going to be hard to beat. Energetic, athletic, unselfish and hungry! Tubby has these guys bought in I think. Far from the "Tubby has lost this team" thread. Team looks crisp, hungry and well coached. All you people that bashed Tubby are crazy. This team has a ton of upside and you can see it happening right before you. Give it some time!
Therein lies the problem I think. Season is only so long. Hope you're right. I enjoy your posts.

Four minutes left and we look lost on offense right now.

Defense held them through that rough stretch. Nice convincing win tonight on the road! Now time to watch the pack lose!

nice win for Tubby won a game they should have won. Back on track!

Lots of fouls being called. Pace of game is choppy.

Ugh. Brutal refs, on both sides. 50+ personal fouls called. Absolutely no flow to the game. This makes two straight games with laughably poor officiating; discouraging for the remainder of the season with Big Ten refs.

My thoughts: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO We're coming. Beat the nerds!

Nice win against a team we should beat on the road. Held 'em off and finished strong! Great game by Coleman. He gives us a whole other dimension we need on offense. Now if we can keep this up and beat a team we should next week, we're right back in position to compete for a tourney bid.

70 possession game... only 31 in first half.

Penn State was great from the line... 23/28 for an excellent 82.1%! Gophers only 75.0%. ** YAWN **

FTRate for Minnesota was outrageous.. 116... 47 for PSU.
Turnovers - Minnesota was not good - 24% TO rate, 19% for PSU
Offensive boards - Ross Travis had 6 in 22 minutes. 38% to 22% PSU wins.
Shooting though.. no contest. Gophers had their 3rd best performance of the year at 61.8%. PSU was just barely better than USC was... second worst performance against the Gophers this year.. at 35.8%

Austin Hollins w/ 12 pts, 5 assists... but another zero rebounding game. He cannot rebound.

How can Ralph be in such perfect position for a rebound and then be outmuscled by a guard?

because it is ralph. one of the most timid 7 footers you will probably see for a while. the kid should play with an edge, but he either can't or just refuses too.

Joe had a great game. Good to see a local talent shine with the Gophers. I hope Tyus and Joey are paying attention.

PSU shot poor 30%. Just had the feel that the Gophers were going to win.

Top Bottom