Marcus tweets on DeAndre Daniels recruitment

BleedGopher

Reaction score
"I've been hearing that the Gophers have a shot at five-star SF DeAndre Daniels despite his list of Kansas, Texas, Florida and Kentucky."

"Daniels' family has friends in MN and visited the Twin Cities last year, although DeAndre didn't check out the Gophers at the time."

"I'm sure they're selling Daniels on the fact that Tubby coached Tayshaun Prince, because he's a very similar player at 6-9 and rail thin."

"Early talk was Daniels could visit, but it faded. He didn't join Kansas or Texas this spring, so he's on market again. Still a longshot."

Go Gophers!!

This would be obviously great news if it happens.

animal,animal,kingdom,animals,playing,pray,praying,sea,otter-c19e6e32784bf0da1e1abea86f36ff63_m.jpg

Dear Basketball gods , we are due for some good news......

Just watched some of his highlights on youtube. Oh man, best way to describe him =Rodney+Damian+ball handling. Yes please. Our '11 class would have a sick 1-2-3 with Hollins, Coleman, and Daniels.

Thunderlips post pretty much says it all for me too. This program is so way past due for some good news and a commitment from DeAndre would certainly qualify!

This would be a nice rebuttal by Tubby to the Souhan article.

To say the obvious, this would be exciting. This kid is really, really good, and would add an element that we don't have today. Someone that can score.

As I said in the 3rd recruit thread, I REFUSE to get my hopes up on this lol. I'll just consider it a really nice surprise should he actually sign here.

The Cory Joseph recruitment left me jaded. If this one comes, absolutely wonderful, but until then...

The Cory Joseph recruitment left me jaded. If this one comes, absolutely wonderful, but until then...

Of course, with Cory, we didn't have an ally within the program like we had thought we did at the time.

FWIW, I've been checking around on Daniels and a lot of the Kansas insiders on their board are very nervous and worried about his recruitment. There's definitely something cooking. Not sure if it's the Gophers or not, but he's definitely NOT a lock to go to KU.

Also, Kentucky insiders have heard that Calipari has stopped recruiting him.

FWIW, I've been checking around on Daniels and a lot of the Kansas insiders on their board are very nervous and worried about his recruitment. There's definitely something cooking. Not sure if it's the Gophers or not, but he's definitely NOT a lock to go to KU.

Also, Kentucky insiders have heard that Calipari has stopped recruiting him.

Kentucky pulled the scholarship after it became clear he wasn't going to commit there. It seemed for a while that he was a lock for KU, but a lot of people are thinking that the reason it's taken so long for him to actually commit is because he wants to go to Texas and his dad wants him to go to Kansas. No idea if that's true, but that has been the rumor as of late. Hopefully Minnesota has snuck in there and he's seriously considering us, but I'm still not going to count on it yet. My guess is we get Brooks.

IIRC he was a Texas commit at one point. Maybe that was before last season's epic nuclear meltdown. Maybe Texas' turnaround this year has him thinking about Texas again. I hadn't really followed his recruitment much, but I'll dig around and see if I can find any good information from this side of things to keep y'all informed on what's happening on this side of the equation.

UK pulled the scholly, Florida just picked up pitchford who is very similar, KU is already loaded, and PT might be scarce, same with texas who is already loaded. Cmon to UM deandre

IIRC he was a Texas commit at one point. Maybe that was before last season's epic nuclear meltdown. Maybe Texas' turnaround this year has him thinking about Texas again. I hadn't really followed his recruitment much, but I'll dig around and see if I can find any good information from this side of things to keep y'all informed on what's happening on this side of the equation.

Yes, he was committed to Texas not all that long ago.

animal,animal,kingdom,animals,playing,pray,praying,sea,otter-c19e6e32784bf0da1e1abea86f36ff63_m.jpg

Dear Basketball gods , we are due for some good news......

Haha. The praying gopher. That is *really* cute. :)

And yes, if anyone's due for a little good news and good luck, that would seem to be us.

Haha. The praying gopher. That is *really* cute. :)

And yes, if anyone's due for a little good news and good luck, that would seem to be us.

It's an otter, actually.

Would be nice, but I agree that they probably have a better shot at Brooks.

Getting Daniels seems extremely far fetched. It would be incredible though. Colvin or Nash would be nice additions. Brooks seems decent as well, but I sure hope Daniels decides to shock the recruiting world.

wow

Wow. 6'8" and 180 pounds?

Yipes. Someone needs to feed this young man.

We can do that.

Top Bottom