You can tell GOP is worried, because they care about the deficit again

golfing18now

Reaction score
Truthfully both parties have done an abysmal job on spending. It is my own personal biggest disappointment in the Republican Party of the last 10 years.

howeda7

Reaction score
It's why we are best off with a Dem President and Senate and an R House. The R's pretend to give a d@mn about spending instead of ramming through RWNJ judges and spending like drunken sailors on the military, etc and stop the Dems from doing the same on social programs.

Section2

Reaction score
No, both remove money from circulation, net effect is the same.
Cutting spending does not “remove money from circulation”.
they both have the same GDP effect, but GDP is a lousy measure and isn’t the economy. Keynesianism is wrong.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Lefties complain when you spend too much and also when you won’t spend more.
Wanted to bump this thread because I guarantee now that Biden has won it will become relevant again.

I just saw this post, and I'll repost what I posted before:

I just want to be clear on this. I don't care that much about deficits. They're worth keeping in mind, but they're not worth shutting down the government over and they're not the simple rubric by which all proposals should be judged.

If Trump wants to give tax cuts to a bunch of rich people, I'm OK with it as long as:
- Taxes go down for everyone
- It's not used to justify later cuts for programs that help poor kids

But we were told repeatedly on this board that Trump was going to fix the deficit problem and there really hasn't been any indication that is true.
I didn't post the current deficit numbers because I'm terribly worried about them. We're now going on 10 years of austerity hawks telling us that inflation is coming.

I posted the current numbers to remind everyone that the deficit skyrocketed on Trump's watch, he did nothing, and Republicans didn't care. But I'm quite sure they'll care as soon as Biden wants to do something to help Americans.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Wanted to bump this thread because I guarantee now that Biden has won it will become relevant again.

I just saw this post, and I'll repost what I posted before:

I didn't post the current deficit numbers because I'm terribly worried about them. We're now going on 10 years of austerity hawks telling us that inflation is coming.

I posted the current numbers to remind everyone that the deficit skyrocketed on Trump's watch, he did nothing, and Republicans didn't care. But I'm quite sure they'll care as soon as Biden wants to do something to help Americans.

Wally

Reaction score
Republicans hypocrisy knows no bounds, there are no principles left in the Republican Party.

Top Bottom