Woodward: Obama administration officials may face criminal charges

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Yep and guess who stopped them? That would be Trump and future caravans were stopped with the help of Mexico using troops to enforce the border and send the caravans back home. We get that you want illegal immigration TS.
LMAO!

You sure love to snort some Trump. Do you snort the dry powder off his scalp, or do you go for the concentrated powder by his jock?

bga1

Reaction score
Bad troll post. Trump clearly has no aspirations of re-election. None.

Also, Trump is definitely not a politician. Not at all. The presidency is not a political office occupied by Trump.
You are too stupid to post...anywhere. Here is an appropriate comparison of the two campaigns:

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Let's be honest. If Hillary had won in 2016, you could easily and reasonably argue that a career politician like herself, with aspirations of re-election, would have been INFINITELY slower to respond with anything remotely close to lockdowns, would NEVER have shut off travel from China until probably April (if ever) and she would have had the MSM machine supporting her every decision (like the very popular "there's nothing more she could have done". Even you would agree with that, Bad.

There isn't a doubt in anyone's mind that Trump made mistakes in handling this unprecedented (as in never in our history) event, but to think that in a re-election year a career politician like Hillary would have done MORE to shut things down or done it faster is so completely laughable I doubt any of the Dems on here would think to argue it
All she would've needed to do was take it seriously and follow the game plan the Obama Administration developed instead of throwing it in the trash like Trump did. And I only brought up Clinton to make a point about partisan backlash and media normalization of Trump (which you deflect in another direction to avoid addressing the point). I could've said the same about any of the other Republicans in the 2016 primary field. Any of them would have executed the pandemic playbook and taken this seriously.

BTW, throwing the playbook in the trash isn't a mistake; it's intentional. That's the crime we're talking about here.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Let's be honest. If Hillary had won in 2016, you could easily and reasonably argue that a career politician like herself, with aspirations of re-election, would have been INFINITELY slower to respond with anything remotely close to lockdowns, would NEVER have shut off travel from China until probably April (if ever) and she would have had the MSM machine supporting her every decision (like the very popular "there's nothing more she could have done". Even you would agree with that, Bad.
I see that Bad doesn't agree with you. Can't say that I'm surprised.

First of all, as was once said about the Nietzsche's knowledge of women, your knowledge of Hillary Clinton is "second hand and third rate." She certainly was not a career politician. She did not attain political office until she was 53, older than you are now, and that was her first run for political office. She was a distinguished lawyer (the first female to be named partner at one of Arkansas' most venerable law firms) and a pretty well-regarded legal scholar on the side. From the early years of their marriage until they entered the White House together, she earned significantly more than her husband.

One possible silver lining of the Trump debacle is that maybe more people will now regard politics as a profession and not assume that government must be better if run by neophytes. I'm sure you'll go to your grave believing that someone who ran a family rental real estate and development business was more suitable for president than any experienced politician but some people are just not educable.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Downplaying the seriousness of it, once known, isn't the right thing. In tough situations, honesty always is. Trump undersold the Virus and should be criticized for it. At the same time, Howie blaming "tens of thousands of deaths" on this approach is ridiculous. I'm still waiting for the first person I know that gets medical advice from Donald Trump.

Now, what I am really wondering is if this story is what we are going to get instead of the follow up we were promised "in the coming days" on the "losers and suckers" story over the weekend. Rinse. Repeat.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
I see that Bad doesn't agree with you. Can't say that I'm surprised.

First of all, as was once said about the Nietzsche's knowledge of women, your knowledge of Hillary Clinton is "second hand and third rate." She certainly was not a career politician. She did not attain political office until she was 53, older than you are now, and that was her first run for political office. She was a distinguished lawyer (the first female to be named partner at one of Arkansas' most venerable law firms) and a pretty well-regarded legal scholar on the side. From the early years of their marriage until they entered the White House together, she earned significantly more than her husband.
I really don't think you're so naive to think that she would have acted significantly differently in the heat of a re-election cycle. This has been about politics from the beginning, on both sides; very little to do with public health and safety

bga1

Reaction score
Downplaying the seriousness of it, once known, isn't the right thing. In tough situations, honesty always is. Trump undersold the Virus and should be criticized for it. At the same time, Howie blaming "tens of thousands of deaths" on this approach is ridiculous. I'm still waiting for the first person I know that gets medical advice from Donald Trump.

Now, what I am really wondering is if this story is what we are going to get instead of the follow up we were promised "in the coming days" on the "losers and suckers" story over the weekend. Rinse. Repeat.
He did? Take a look at the time line of public statements spoofin- Fauci was out publicly stating that the covid was no worse than flu, weeks after Trump said this to Bernstein. Trump 100% followed Fauci, except in shutting down China, where he was more aggressive than Fauci. Fauci backs Trump on this.
By the way Fauci was right that covid is no worse than flu- for those under 65. Also, for the record, I think Fauci has done a poor job, but his is the advice that Trump was stuck with and was duty bound to follow.

As I have said since nearly the beginning, the lock downs were stupid. We should have protected the seniors and the medically vulnerable and we would be done with this now with far fewer deaths. We should also have allowed HCQ usage as an early preventative measure and far few would have been hospitalized.

Your last statement is correct. The media is on an all out mission to slime Trump. We don't have an honest media. As yet another example, Jake Tapper was caught lying this morning (red handed with his own tweet) about Sean Parnell.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
He did? Take a look at the time line of public statements spoofin- Fauci was out publicly stating that the covid was no worse than flu, weeks after Trump said this to Bernstein. Trump 100% followed Fauci, except in shutting down China, where he was more aggressive than Fauci. Fauci backs Trump on this.
By the way Fauci was right that covid is no worse than flu- for those under 65. Also, for the record, I think Fauci has done a poor job, but his is the advice that Trump was stuck with and was duty bound to follow.

As I have said since nearly the beginning, the lock downs were stupid. We should have protected the seniors and the medically vulnerable and we would be done with this now with far fewer deaths. We should also have allowed HCQ usage as an early preventative measure and far few would have been hospitalized.

Your last statement is correct. The media is on an all out mission to slime Trump. We don't have an honest media. As yet another example, Jake Tapper was caught lying this morning (red handed with his own tweet) about Sean Parnell.
Slurp, slurp.

bga1

Reaction score
Slurp, slurp.
WaPo January 31st 2020:
The Trump administration on Friday dramatically escalated its response to the fast-spreading coronavirus epidemic by announcing quarantines and major travel restrictions that officials said were meant to limit contagion.
The White House declared a “public health emergency” and — beginning on Sunday at 5 p.m. — will bar non-U.S. citizens who recently visited China from entering the United States, subject to a few exemptions. Shortly after the White House announced the new restrictions and said there were six confirmed U.S. cases, a seventh case was confirmed in Santa Clara County, Calif.

[…] “This is a serious health situation in China, but I want to emphasize that the risk to the American public currently is low,” said Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. “Our goal is to do all we can do to keep it that way.”
[…] Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said that the process for testing people for the new strain of coronavirus had proved very imprecise so far and that this is one of the reasons for the aggressive U.S. response. (link)

Wally

Reaction score
I really don't think you're so naive to think that she would have acted significantly differently in the heat of a re-election cycle. This has been about politics from the beginning, on both sides; very little to do with public health and safety
Some people actually do care about public health as difficult as it is for many on the right to understand...

bga1

Reaction score
Some people actually do care about public health as difficult as it is for many on the right to understand...
Of course that's not what he was talking about....but you have no problem lying about it.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with naïveté. The long and short of it is that we don't know what Hillary Clinton would have done as president because people like you insisted on weaponizing their petty irritations and disdains by electing Donald Trump. Having said that, I feel pretty comfortable in stating what I believe would have been some contrasts between Clinton and Trump:

1) She would have treated this as a worldwide pandemic instead of a Chinese flu and probably would have looked at techniques that worked in other countries;

2) She would not have pulled out of WHO efforts;

3) She would not have told people that this was a flu that would go away quickly especially if she knew better;

4) She strongly would have encouraged Americans to wear masks and not taken any personal enjoyment from those who refused;

5) She would not have refused to wear a mask herself on the grounds that "it sends the wrong message;"

6) She would not have held crowded maskless rallies;

7) She would not have said that she did a great job after we surpassed 150,000 deaths;

8) She would not have pretended that the virus had been conquered at her convention;

9) She would not have signed a pro-cyclical budget busting tax cut that left us far more fiscally vulnerable when the pandemic necessitated government relief.

I'm sure I could think of more but that's enough for now.

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score

You could be right on the first paragraph. I was reading fast here.
I agree on the second paragraph. Always have.
Yep on your third paragraph.

bga1

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with naïveté. The long and short of it is that we don't know what Hillary Clinton would have done as president because people like you insisted on weaponizing their petty irritations and disdains by electing Donald Trump. Having said that, I feel pretty comfortable in stating what I believe would have been some contrasts between Clinton and Trump:

1) She would have treated this as a worldwide pandemic instead of a Chinese flu and probably would have looked at techniques that worked in other countries;

LIKE HCQ??

EXACTLY WHAT HAS THE WHO GOTTEN RIGHT ON THIS?

3) She would not have told people that this was a flu that would go away quickly especially if she knew better;

SO SHE WOULD HAVE IGNORED FAUCI- THE GUY WHO SAID EXACTLY THAT IN FEBRUARY

4) She strongly would have encouraged Americans to wear masks and not taken any personal enjoyment from those who refused;
DO I NEED TO REPOST THE FAUCI TWEET WHERE HE SAYS EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE
5) She would not have refused to wear a mask herself on the grounds that "it sends the wrong message;"
TRUMP HAS WORN A MASK ON AN AS NEEDED BASIS. NO ONE AT A MICROPHONE SHOULD WEAR A MASK

WOULD SHE HAVE SUPPORTED PROTESTS?
7) She would not have said that she did a great job after we surpassed 150,000 deaths;
WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING? SHE IS A POLITICIAN. CUOMO CLAIMS HE DID A GREAT JOB AND HIS DEATH RATE PER MILLION IS 1700....3X THE NATIONAL AVERAGE

8) She would not have pretended that the virus had been conquered at her convention;
SHE WOULD HAVE CLAIMED THAT IT WAS A VAST RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY
9) She would not have signed a pro-cyclical budget busting tax cut that left us far more fiscally vulnerable when the pandemic necessitated government relief.
NOPE- SHE WOULD HAVE SIGNED A BIGGER ONE. DEMS ARE NOW PROPOSING 3 TRILLION MORE WHILE RS ARE ASKING FOR 1 TRILLION

The smartest thing you did was run our of energy in that post. Being wrong 9 straight times as you were there, is heading you into stocker/truth seeker range.

howeda7

Reaction score
In case you missed my post on the virus thread:

Trump, March 30 press conference:

“The statements I made are that I want to keep the country calm. I don’t want panic in the country. I could cause panic much better than even you (the press)... But you know what I don’t wanna do that. I want to have our country become and strong And fight and win...”

Almost identical to what he told Woodward.

The MSM is a total joke!
MEXICAN CARAVANS ARE COMING TO MURDER YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY!

Clearly keeping Americans calm is a top Trump priority. Boot-licking shill.

howeda7

Reaction score
Well, this was over hyped....

Trump and Cohen attended an outlandish strip show in Las Vegas alongside the Azeri-Russian oligarch family, the Agalarovs, Cohen writes.
Cohen claims the act “involved two strippers drinking champagne and pretending to snort coke as they undressed, while one of them simulated giving the other a golden shower as the other caught the fake urine and drank it.”
Cohen says he personally didn’t witness that part of the show, but that he learned that it was performed that night from a post he saw on the club’s Facebook page.
Did they read Trump's favorite book Two Corinthians together afterwards?

howeda7

Reaction score
I actually agree with alot of that. But I think the execution would have been better. Trump unplanned off the cuff European travel ban actually was the biggest spreader event IMHO. Did you see the planes and airports after that, he told no one in advance and no planning. Huge crowds packed in airports waiting in lines. This is what kicked of the massive surge here. It was an epic blunder.
It was so calming he set off an international panic attack and send his own aides scrambling.

USAF

Reaction score

LOL ...
Spoof the fraud rushes in to prop up his boyfriend Don.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score

You are a biased fool if you believe all of that. But that's not a knock, it's the essence of being partisan, which is where most of us are right now. If you really think that conniving c*nt wouldn't have done everything and anything in terms of getting re-elected, you are simply dishonest.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
You are a biased fool if you believe all of that. But that's not a knock, it's the essence of being partisan, which is where most of us are right now. If you really think that conniving c*nt wouldn't have done everything and anything in terms of getting re-elected, you are simply dishonest.
Well, Hillary would have been smart enough to realize that one of the best ways to get re-elected is to govern competently, just like her husband. Also, unlike Trump, Clinton actually has a pretty strong work ethic and I think she is capable of reading more than a few briefing paragraphs a week even when her name doesn't appear in them and there are no pictures.

Wally

Reaction score
Of course that's not what he was talking about....but you have no problem lying about it.
Yes it is, he was saying they would put politics over well-being of the public. We all know Trump will, that doesn't mean everyone will.

Top Bottom