Winfield to the Bucs

Golden_Sloth

Reaction score
Awesome accomplishment to be a top 50 pick. Tampa Bay is one of the worst places he could have gone through..

KoolAid

Red Drank Brewmaster
Reaction score
This is sweet. Bucs are gonna be all over national TV. How am I not going to root these guys?

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Awesome for him. Wish he was a Viking but nice to see a guys name called from Minnesota in the top 50!

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
Agreed. They’re going to likely be super bowl contenders next year.
Super Bowl or not, the amount of attention that will be on that team... if he ever wanted the chance to jump the spotlight; a young student of the game that oozes charisma and has a contagious smile? Tailor made situation for him to explode.

hello-world

Reaction score
Awesome accomplishment to be a top 50 pick. Tampa Bay is one of the worst places he could have gone through..
?
He gets to play with Tom Brady and doesn't have to pay state income tax.
Florida is the best state for professional athletes.
He also gets to play in front of a fan base that loves defense.

pharmacygopher

114 Row 11
Reaction score
Always fun to watch the highlight package with a packed TCF...hope to see more of that!

DCinOK

Reaction score
Getting to play with Brady and Gronk, on the team that will be the center of everyone's attention this year? Good for Winfield...can't wait to see what he can do.

Nax5

Reaction score
Basically one of the best places he could have ended up. All eyes will be on that team next year. He has an amazing opportunity to really break into the NFL.

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
Not the vikings, but better than the apocalyptic prediction someone else made ....

matt

Let's get weird
Reaction score
That’s fine. They were 29th in opponent yards per game and opponent points per game.
To add to what @TNGophfan said, Tampa was 5th in the NFL in takeaways but still managed to have a -13 turnover differential. You're gonna give up a lot more yards and points if you spot the opponent a possession every game.

PitinoFan

Banned
Reaction score
To add to what @TNGophfan said, Tampa was 5th in the NFL in takeaways but still managed to have a -13 turnover differential. You're gonna give up a lot more yards and points if you spot the opponent a possession every game.
OK, I didn’t realize my comment would be so controversial. We’ll see what happens. I was hoping he’d go to a dominant defense if the Viking didn’t get him.

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
OK, I didn’t realize my comment would be so controversial. We’ll see what happens. I was hoping he’d go to a dominant defense if the Viking didn’t get him.
Hah, fair enough. I can't help but imagine Brady getting Tampa on the scoreboard early most games, allowing Antoine to play free and ballhawk. Scary.

Top Bottom