Will Trump rally his Proud Boy supporters to entice violence tomorrow?

stocker08

Reaction score
We are a nation of laws. States have laws about voting. States circumvented their legislatures and constitutions in changing those laws.

Even though it's become rather popular we don't just say to hell with laws. Their are processes in place that need to be followed. If you can look at the mess we're in and say that this is good going forward in every election I'm not sure what to tell you.
You sound like one of the sore losers who got crushed in the early 1900's when football teams began throwing forward passes and you were too stupid and stubborn to adapt.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Part of what offends me is on a personal level. I and my family sat in that House gallery, sat in on a session of Congress. We almost got kicked out because my then-six year-old daughter was fidgety. And these jackwads think they can tromp through there like they did. I want to throttle each and every one of them.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Don't forget that, oh, by the way, they found a couple pipe bombs yesterday. Can anyone listen to the rhetoric of these traitors and say with a straight face that they're going to give up and go back to their double-wides and watch Netflix? Really?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Don't forget that, oh, by the way, they found a couple pipe bombs yesterday. Can anyone listen to the rhetoric of these traitors and say with a straight face that they're going to give up and go back to their double-wides and watch Netflix? Really?
As Stannis said during the Battle of the Blackwater: "The dwarf has played his little trick, he can only play it once."

Klobuchar was on MPR this morning talking about how they're going to beef up security leading up to the inauguration, and probably moving forward in general.

They may not want to be done, but there's zero chance that a repeat of yesterday will happen, as it did. If they want to make additional noise, they're going to have to come much harder than that. It would have to be a militia with rifles firing. Not saying that can't happen, but that's the level it would have to go to.

MNGopher23

Reaction score
People pushing past guards. People breaking in the windows and climbing through, on camera, need to receive loooooooong prison terms.

The guy with the idiotic grin carrying the podium... he needs to spend some serious time in prison.

This isn't some fraternity prank, my man.
Wooof, for a second there I thought you were talking about the Antifa riots. Definitely had me in the first half.

MNGopher23

Reaction score
The answer is not a pretty one. For those w a sense of humanity.

The outrage on this board if that hypothetical occurred and they made it to the top would be in such a different tone. Sad social commentary.
You would be cheering it on?

Minnesota

Reaction score
After seeing video of some of those terrorists scaling the outside walls, I had to wonder that if it would have been black or middle eastern people doing that during a different protest, how many of them would have made it to the top ?
There would’ve been a drone strike.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
There would’ve been a drone strike.
Nah.

They just would've taken them much more seriously, and would've had vastly more beefed up security. The mob never would've breached the lines in the first place. They'd have held them back with a full riot team in place.

The security yesterday was quite lax. They didn't take the mob seriously. Thought it would just be a Trump rally with a bunch of wackadoos whooping and hollering out at the protest site.

bigticket1

Reaction score
We are a nation of laws. States have laws about voting. States circumvented their legislatures and constitutions in changing those laws.

Even though it's become rather popular we don't just say to hell with laws. Their are processes in place that need to be followed. If you can look at the mess we're in and say that this is good going forward in every election I'm not sure what to tell you.
That's a bunch of bullshit. If people had problems with election decisions they should have challenged them in court. Before election day. Not after. After they lost.

Reserve

Reaction score
At this point, you are not a Christian if you support Trump.
Whether or not you support Trump does not define you as a Christian. This is a good start.

Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

TurfGopher

Reaction score
There were laws broken, they brought shame to our nation, 2 bombs were found at other buildings, and 4 people died. Ultimately it was all in vain, Biden was confirmed. These dummies disturbed a session of congress to get in and take selfies for their extremist social media content. Will Trump face any consequences for inciting this?

These syncophants like Trump because he says and does whatever he wants without fear of consequences. They are emboldened and try to emulate the spoiled-rotten-dipshit. He needs to face consequences to set an example for future nut jobs (there will be many)

stocker08

Reaction score
Some Trumpers have lost touch with reality. Others are simply going to push whatever narrative they can in order to justify what their peers are doing.

So in other words.....Trumpers are either VERY stupid or they are complete scumbags. A good number are both.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
When government fails - when real schooling disappears, when cities have massive increases in murders, when bureaucrats destroy businesses while ignoring their own rules - is our rage a surprise? And the media that has ignored or even cheered all this on is just as guilty.
This is NOT to excuse what happened yesterday. Our democracy is all we have. But Covid has exposed its rot at every level. Donald Trump is not the answer - but the fact so many people would even consider him to be shows how badly the system has failed.

This thread can now be ended.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score

Serious question: how soon will the Georgia senators be sworn in?

Top Bottom