White House divided on Trump addressing America's racial tensions

Go4Broke

Reaction score
The question needs to be asked: Is there anyone over the age of 12 in the U.S. less capable of addressing America's racial tensions than the Trumpster?

White House Infighting

As protests continue to flare across the country, President Donald Trump and his top aides cannot settle on the next steps the White House should take to ease tensions after the latest death of an African American man detained by a white police officer.

White House chief of staff Mark Meadows has been pushing for the president to deliver a formal address to the nation to emphasize his support for law and order and police officers, a familiar trope for the Republican Party and one that typically plays well with its base.

Trump’s senior adviser and son-in-law, Jared Kushner, along with several other top aides, argued against such a move, fearing the tone could alienate key voters ahead of the November election, including African Americans whose support the administration has been trying to court.

In addition to starting to cast protesters as lawless individuals or anarchists, the president and his staff have been mulling others ways to respond by hoping that federal law enforcement can possibly charge the four white former police officers involved in the killing of Floyd — they have all since been fired — or by bringing African-American leaders to the White House.

New polling out Sunday from The Washington Post and ABC News only added a sense of urgency, since it showed Trump trailing Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, by 10 percentage points nationally, whereas two months ago the same poll showed the two candidates just a few points apart.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/31/white-house-divided-trump-racial-tensions-293042

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score
It would be great if either party could find even 1 candidate worth voting for.

howeda7

Reaction score
Trump is incapable of doing anything but making this worse. A joint address from Obama and Bush would be better.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Obama should’ve taken it back when cv19 hit.

That was plenty good enough reason to no longer allow the child in the White House to keep dragging us down with him.

Now, we need an actual national leader more than ever.

Section2

Reaction score
Politically, I would advise him to hold off on an address. Obviously a lot of people support the riots and protests. But I bet a lot more are horrified and oppose them strongly. If he’s re-elected, this week will be why.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
If Trump addresses the nation, he’ll be wrong.
If Trump doesn’t address the nation, he’ll be wrong.
It doesn’t matter what Trump does, lefties will always say he’s wrong.
Never fear, Joe Bumblefuk is almost here!

GopherJake

Reaction score
Politically, I would advise him to hold off on an address. Obviously a lot of people support the riots and protests. But I bet a lot more are horrified and oppose them strongly. If he’s re-elected, this week will be why.
No respectable person supports the riots. Your hated adversaries here sure don’t. I’d say the riot support demographic is pretty small, in general. But sure, slyly (not) juxtapose that right next to something your hated adversaries strongly support. That’s neat. :rolleyes:

Section2

Reaction score
Yep. Although I’m seeing a lot of strong supporters ripping him for being silent. I bet he has an oval address tomorrow.

cncmin

Reaction score
Yep. Although I’m seeing a lot of strong supporters ripping him for being silent. I bet he has an oval address tomorrow.
No one divides America and weakens us like the Donald. What a guy! If he gets another four years, we might yet have your Mad Max Thunderdome utopia!

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
It's not his critics' fault that he can't do anything right and that everything he touches dies.

diehard

Reaction score
It's not his critics' fault that he can't do anything right and that everything he touches dies.
What does he have to do with bridge collapses? At least it held up under the crowd and a semi yesterday. DJT wants to rebuild our infrastructure. He'll need better engineers.

diehard

Reaction score
No one divides America and weakens us like the Donald. What a guy! If he gets another four years, we might yet have your Mad Max Thunderdome utopia!
The Obama adminstration's coup is what divided the nation more than anything else in our history. The media and the dumber than dirt lefties, include yourself, asare co-conspirators. Justice must be served on Clapper, Brennan, the FBI, and all the others involved to begin restoration. They turned our government into a banana republic. The level of corruption is so hard to believe that many have not been able to absorb what happened. That is the division. It has enabled antifa to a higher level of destruction. That is on Obama and all his devotees.

Last edited:

justthefacts

Reaction score

Look at all the lefties in this article saying Trump is wrong:

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Look at all the lefties in this article saying Trump is wrong:

So what? I’m okay with criticism. Just not ‘either way‘ criticism.

And I agree with S2, Trump will likely speak to the nation tonight. Despite lefties telling him to be quiet.

justthefacts

Reaction score
So what? I’m okay with criticism. Just not ‘either way‘ criticism.

And I agree with S2, Trump will likely speak to the nation tonight. Despite lefties telling him to be quiet.

No one can silence Trump when he wants to scream "LAW & ORDER" and "STRENGTH" into the abyss.

Just Gopher It!!

Reaction score
The Obama adminstration's coup is what divided the nation more than anything else in our history. The media and the dumber than dirt lefties, include yourself. Justice must be served on Clapper, Brennan, the FBI, and all the others involved to begin restoration. They turned our government into a banana republic. The level of corruption is so hard to believe that many have not been able to absorb what happened. That is the division. It has enabled antifa to a higher level of destruction. That is on Obama and all his devotees.

Do you still believe in Santa, Tooth Fairy and Easter Bunny as well?

1591023536286.png

Attachments

• 1591023344792.png
    1591023344792.png
    148.6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: MRJ

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I can't imagine anything he will be willing to say that won't add new oxygen to a situation that needs none added.

jamiche

Reaction score
The Obama adminstration's coup is what divided the nation more than anything else in our history. The media and the dumber than dirt lefties, include yourself, asare co-conspirators. Justice must be served on Clapper, Brennan, the FBI, and all the others involved to begin restoration. They turned our government into a banana republic. The level of corruption is so hard to believe that many have not been able to absorb what happened. That is the division. It has enabled antifa to a higher level of destruction. That is on Obama and all his devotees.
Go take a nap, charter school.

Reactions: MRJ

jamiche

Reaction score
Trump is incapable of saying anything that won't make the situation more incendiary. He spoke to the governors this morning and insulted them. Smart.

diehard

Reaction score
Trump is incapable of saying anything that won't make the situation more incendiary. He spoke to the governors this morning and insulted them. Smart.

He should praise people that have screwedup to an emormous extent? We you hate America and support Antifa. That is plenty of reason to hate Trump. The people you worship (the DeepState) screwed up the coup pretty badly. If only I had been around to provide a better education for you...

Receiving the belt end of the Bible Belt might have straightened you up.

Just Gopher It!!

Reaction score
Your message number 666 is quite appropriate. You have a dark soul that can accept truth or honesty.

LIVE SOFT - such a clever chap - I've given you a "Like" to prop up your anemic, nay, impotent reaction score.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I’m not sure what he would or should say that he hasn’t already said. He condemned the killing and the manner of which it went down, and he instructed the DOJ/FBI to launch a civil rights investigation that will likely lead to a lengthening of Chauvin’s sentence and potential charges against at least 2 other cops. He has already expressed support for peaceful protests and disdain for rioting and looting.

I’ll take back my earlier prediction based on reconsidering the above. He may make a national address after things have calmed down, but it’s mostly in the governors’ hands unless they ask for federal military assistance.

howeda7

Reaction score
I can't imagine anything he will be willing to say that won't add new oxygen to a situation that needs none added.
At best, he let someone other than White Nationalist Stephen Miller write it and can sufficiently read it off the teleprompter in his monotone serious "Presidential" voice. It won't help, but maybe if we're lucky it won't hurt.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Well, it looks like Trump is going to address the nation tonight. Not sure he’s going to add anything new, but we’ll see.

Top Bottom