Weather Forecast

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Forecast looks pretty fluid in that fri—sun window. Forecast winds out of the east may break against the stadium wall and not be as much of a factor in the east end zone side. The swirling winds and vortexes could be a factor, sure but probably not as much as the specter of wet balls.

Swinging Gates

Reaction score
Seem to recall that in the end they won handily but made a lot of mistakes that were due to the conditions. Had to take his post-game comments with a grain of salt but seemed to genuinely find it a tough environment. Bucky is used to bad conditions just like us. What will be different is a full (or mostly full) stadium and a Gophers team that can start fast. This plus the conditions make for a fine football afternoon.
The next time OSU comes to Minneapolis is the first game of the season, 9/2/2021. Coincidence?

fmlizard

Reaction score
This weather has me more worried than Wisconsin. I think the fans will show up but this team needs to pass to win.

alltimetwinsfan

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Seem to recall that in the end they won handily but made a lot of mistakes that were due to the conditions. Had to take his post-game comments with a grain of salt but seemed to genuinely find it a tough environment. Bucky is used to bad conditions just like us. What will be different is a full (or mostly full) stadium and a Gophers team that can start fast. This plus the conditions make for a fine football afternoon.
Not quite...it was 31-24.

Attachments

BTChamp

Reaction score
I'm excited to see Maria Taylor in a snow bunny suit.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Still looking like a whopper: 9-10 inches current forecast

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
Still looking like a whopper: 9-10 inches current forecast
Weather Underground shows 4 inches on Friday and 2 on Saturday so probably depends a lot on where you look. Still too early to put a ton of faith in it but seems pretty clear we will be dealing with some precipitation.

Will be interesting to see what if any impact it has on the gameday crowd. Rain and sleet would not be good for fan interaction.

Veritas

Reaction score
Weather Underground shows 4 inches on Friday and 2 on Saturday so probably depends a lot on where you look. Still too early to put a ton of faith in it but seems pretty clear we will be dealing with some precipitation.

Will be interesting to see what if any impact it has on the gameday crowd. Rain and sleet would not be good for fan interaction.
It is going to be the wind, not the snow. 18 mph wind is just like what you see outside right now. Not good for a throwing team.

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
It is going to be the wind, not the snow. 18 mph wind is just like what you see outside right now. Not good for a throwing team.
The wind is predicted to be out of the east - the closed end of the stadium. Although there may be some swirling wind in the stadium, I'm assuming even an 18 mph wind won't be too big of an issue since it is out of the east.

Veritas

Reaction score
The wind is predicted to be out of the east - the closed end of the stadium. Although there may be some swirling wind in the stadium, I'm assuming even an 18 mph wind won't be too big of an issue since it is out of the east.
OK...?? I would certainly prefer a head wind/tail wind situation over a cross wind of that speed. We might get a very old fashioned, field position sort of game. Can any of our QB's punt as in quick kicks on third down? Certainly, absolutely, if we win the coin toss, Take the Wind!!! And play D in the first quarter with nine guys in the box, maybe ten.

Last edited:

Word

Eats difficult conversations
Reaction score
Luckily we do a majority of our passing as shorter passes, like slants. That should help.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
That means the coin flip at the beginning of the game could be a big deal. You'll want the wind at your back during the 2nd and 4th quarters for field goal attempts.

Veritas

Reaction score
That means the coin flip at the beginning of the game could be a big deal. You'll want the wind at your back during the 2nd and 4th quarters for field goal attempts.
I humbly disagree. Take the wind right away and go for as big a lead as we can get.

GoForGold

Reaction score
Looks like it'll be around 37 degrees and raining during the game. That's gotta help the BADgers.
Not necessarily, Johnathan Taylor has fumbled 3 times in the last 2 games. A wet ball isn't going to help him there.

fair

Reaction score
Weather channel switched from Saturday mix to mainly snow, which I think is a small victory

DarrenTheGreek

Gov. Victory Bell Ringer
Reaction score
"Field goals are not an option!" - Bobby Lee Duke, Facing The Giants

Livingat45north

Reaction score
"Field goals are not an option!" - Bobby Lee Duke, Facing The Giants
They are when you're down by 2 and there's 1 second on the clock, it's the end of the half or the end of the game, and you're 30 yards from scoring a TD.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
They are when you're down by 2 and there's 1 second on the clock, it's the end of the half or the end of the game, and you're 30 yards from scoring a TD.
With the way our kicking game has been I'd like my chances throwing it to Ty or Bateman over kicking it.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
With the way our kicking game has been I'd like my chances throwing it to Ty or Bateman over kicking it.
I'm definitely in the camp that I hope it doesn't come down to us having to make a field goal, but if it happens, I'd like to have the wind at our back. And don't count out CAB on the important passes, Our third best receiver is far better than the BADgers 3rd best CB.

Bordergopher

Reaction score
Weather channel switched from Saturday mix to mainly snow, which I think is a small victory
National Weather Service (Weather.gov) says the exact opposite: “Rain and snow, becoming all rain after 11:00 am.”

Top Bottom