War with Iran

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-administration-has-already-built-its-case-iran-war-n1007281

Look it here. Trump admin trying to link al
Queda to Iran. They did the same thing to attack Iraq. Last I checked Al queda and ISIS are Sunni outfits. Not shia.
It’s a little more complicated than that. This isn’t some narrative that was made up in 2019.
Read this from a 2006 article:

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/al-qaeda-hezbollah-relationship

...What reason do Hezbollah and al-Qaeda have for working together?

The terrorist groups have similar goals vis-à-vis the United States and Israel. According to an affidavit signed by Daniel Coleman, an FBI agent investigating the 1998 U.S. embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania, al-Qaeda "put aside its differences with the Shiite Muslim terrorist organizations, including the government of Iran and its affiliated terrorist group, Hezbollah, to cooperate against the perceived common enemy, the United States and its allies." While al-Qaeda’s leadership may have decided to work with Shiites, there is certainly disagreement within the ranks. Zarqawi, for instance, stoked sectarian violence in Iraq in an attempt to bring about civil war. In a 2005 letter to the Iraqi insurgent leader, Zawahiri asked Zarqawi to reconsider his sectarian attacks. Sectarian conflict, he wrote, is "secondary in importance to outside aggression." Though the letter’s authenticity has been questioned, Pillar says, "If it’s not real, it very well could have been."

Despite their rivalry, some experts say there is an element of professional respect in the two groups’ relationship. For instance, Osama bin Laden is reportedly an admirer of Imad Mugniyeh, Hezbollah’s security chief and the mastermind behind the 1983 bombings of the U.S. embassy and a U.S. marine barracks in Beirut, which led to the U.S. withdrawal from Lebanon. According to Farah’s book, Blood From Stones, bin Laden sought similar results using the same tactics against U.S. targets in Saudi Arabia.

Might Hezbollah and al-Qaeda collaborate in the future?

It’s possible, but Vali R. Nasr, CFR’s adjunct senior fellow for Middle Eastern studies, says the relationship between the groups has become strained by the heightened pitch of Shiite-Sunni violence in Iraq. Not all experts are as skeptical. "I would expect, even with all the distrust and rivalry, they would see ways in which they could cooperate," says Paul R. Pillar, a visiting professor at Georgetown University and former national intelligence officer for the Near East and South Asia. He points to Iran’s relationship with al-Qaeda: Iran has allegedly provided tacit support to al-Qaeda operatives within its borders. The United States accused Iran of allowing al-Qaeda members to escape Afghanistan through its territory, and a recent report in Die Welt suggested Iran had released Osama bin Laden’s son, Saad, who they were reportedly detaining.

Farah suspects that if al-Qaeda and Hezbollah do collude, joint participation in attacks is unlikely. He says the groups are more liable to share resources, such as false documentation, financial channels, or safe houses. "Overseas attacks are where you’re most likely to see overlap," he says.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Where should I get it from? The National Review?
You couldn't find a piece from Rachel Maddow or the HuffPost confirming your bias for you? Al Queda & Iran have been linked for years. Yes Sunni & Shia are different, but they share a hatred for us, Israel & Christians.

You're so desperate to paint Trump in a negative light at all times, that you've become fully deranged. Close your eyes & repeat after me....We're not at war with Iran. We're not at war with Iran. We're not at war with Iran. We're not at war with Iran. We're not at war with Iran. We're not at war with Iran. We're not at war with Iran. We're not at war with Iran.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
You couldn't find a piece from Rachel Maddow or the HuffPost confirming your bias for you? Al Queda & Iran have been linked for years. Yes Sunni & Shia are different, but they share a hatred for us, Israel & Christians.

You're so desperate to paint Trump in a negative light at all times, that you've become fully deranged. Close your eyes & repeat after me....We're not at war with Iran. We're not at war with Iran. We're not at war with Iran. We're not at war with Iran. We're not at war with Iran. We're not at war with Iran. We're not at war with Iran. We're not at war with Iran.
Lol.

For one I voted for Trump. So I cant win because the dems here accuse me of loving the guy.

Iraq was also accused of working with Al queda as an excuse for us to invade them. Sadamm was going to give al queda chemical weapons at any time to attack us. Another lie to get us in Iraq.

Go ahead and accuse me of being a trump hater. Sure is a lot better than the right wing shill you've become, CRG

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Lol.

For one I voted for Trump. So I cant win because the dems here accuse me of loving the guy.

Iraq was also accused of working with Al queda as an excuse for us to invade them. Sadamm was going to give al queda chemical weapons at any time to attack us. Another lie to get us in Iraq.

Go ahead and accuse me of being a trump hater. Sure is a lot better than the right wing shill you've become, CRG
You're right to be leery of Bolton & mindful of what's going on with Iran. We're on the same page.

You keep linking Iran to Iraq, without mentioning Afghanistan, Syria, Libya, or Yemen. You also keep linking Trump to the Uniparty scum that got us into Iraq.

I think Trump's doing things differently, has different motivations & am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. The fact that he has the MIC & the Uniparty bashing his every move on foreign policy indicates to me, that he's on the right track.

We never should have gotten into Syria, but since Trump took over it's been clear that he at least intended to "win" & then draw down. That alone is night & day different from the Uniparty, endless-war approach. I'm pretty happy with Trump's approach & results in Syria so far, aren't you? We've defeated ISIS as a military force there. We chased Iran out. Troop withdrawals have been ordered (although predictably, the Uniparty/MIC are fighting it). We appear to have a game plan to partner with the Saudis, Turks & Russians to keep ISIS & Iran out of the country. That's not perfect, but that's the closest thing to a win & withdrawal that I've seen in some time.

I also like what Trump's doing in Afghanistan, acknowledging the Taliban & partnering with them to keep foreign extremists out of the country, in exchange for US troop withdrawals. I also like that Trump's included China & Russia in those negotiations, as they hold stakes in that outcome as well.

I applaud Trump's efforts at peace in North Korea. Obviously that's a complex issue, but at least he's trying. At least Japan's not ducking from missiles launched over their island. Viet Nam's not living in fear of North Korea any more. South & North Korea have warmed relations & no longer appear to the brink of war. North Korea's not threatening to attack the US anymore. We got the remains of our soldiers brought home. We got some hostages freed. Again, not perfect, or complete, but better than where we stood in 2015.

Based on the examples I cited, I'm cautiously optimistic. That's not to say I don't have any concerns about Bolton or war in Iran, but I'm not obsessing about it & don't believe Trump wants anything to do with that.

Last edited:

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Some of those examples i am unaware of and will have to research. They sound fantastic if true.

Trump scares me because he doesnt follow his instinct. Hes either comromised or listens to his advisers who have their own agenda. Not sure which is true at this point

Syria is better off right now because of Russia, not the US. There are many examples of the US and allies helping ISIS. Trump even hit Syria based on a false flag chemical attack in Douma.

I also dont like how Trump is cuddled up with Netanyahu. He will do anyhting it takes to convince the US to take out Israels enemies, especially Iran.

But again, ill check out your examples and see if they change my mind at all. I just dont think Trump is the independent thinker you believe he is

Angry

Reaction score

Deleted_User

Reaction score

I have gotten into peeing contests with JJ Doc. You are wrong. He is not a knee jerk anti Turnip guy. Not in the least. I am anti Trump and although I haven't kept a record of who is on first, JJMD is most definitely more independent and selective in his critiques. And, I applaud him for being more of an independent voice right now.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
I have gotten into peeing contests with JJ Doc. You are wrong. He is not a knee jerk anti Turnip guy. Not in the least. I am anti Trump and although I haven't kept a record of who is on first, JJMD is most definitely more independent and selective in his critiques. And, I applaud him for being more of an independent voice right now.
Thanks Dean, appreciate that.

I look forward to our future pissing contests.

diehard

Reaction score
[URL="[/URL]
Peace through strength, Jimmy. Unless Iran goes full suicidal Trump just avoided another war. Perhaps our checkenhawks in disguise can not appreciate that. If they attack us then the Iranian government will certainly cease to exist.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
[URL="[/URL]
Remember when some people thought we were on the verge of WW3 with North Korea, because Trump tweeted he would rain fire on them if they attacked us? Have we rained any fire on NK? Or have things gotten much better?

Last edited:

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Remember when some people thought we were on the verge of WW3 with North Korea, because Trump tweeted he would rain fire on them if they attacked us? Have we rained any fire on NK? Or have things gotten much better?
I get your point, but its not an apples to apples comparison. We have allies that are pushing for war with Iran (Israel, Saudi, etc), just like in Syria.

diehard

Reaction score
Thank you for the Liberty Report. It clearly delineated how fortunate we are to have DJT as President and how kooky Ron Paul remains. Paul is dangerous kooky and he is an important voice to have out there to simulate thought. (no typo) BTW I do like Ron Paul and appreciate where he stands, but he is no Donald J Trump.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Thank you for the Liberty Report. It clearly delineated how fortunate we are to have DJT as President and how kooky Ron Paul remains. Paul is dangerous kooky and he is an important voice to have out there to simulate thought. (no typo) BTW I do like Ron Paul and appreciate where he stands, but he is no Donald J Trump.
Youre dangerously kooky. I cant think of one wrong thing Paul said in that analysis. I love Dr Pauls foreign policy

stocker08

Reaction score
I saw a billboard for Tulsi yesterday morning on 694 during my commute.

diehard

Reaction score
Youre dangerously kooky. I cant think of one wrong thing Paul said in that analysis. I love Dr Pauls foreign policy
I never expected you to see the folly of your ways in national defense and foreign policy. Rand Paul is not nearly has deluded as Ron.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
I saw a billboard for Tulsi yesterday morning on 694 during my commute.
That's awesome.

Gabbard checks all of the boxes. Sheis well spoken and her temperament is almost as good as Trump's (that's a joke for you dense posters) . In a just world, she would be a candidate the democrats would be pushing.

The fact that Biden is running tells me the DNC is going to try and force him through like they did with HRC. This guy has so many ghosts in the closet he's going to be target practice for other candidates. But runs for president anyways? Hmmmmmm

diehard

Reaction score
Plus Uncle Joe hasn't exactly been teflon. I think the Russians must be behind him. Here we go again!

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
https://www.france24.com/en/20190410-pompeo-says-iran-tied-al-qaeda-declines-say-war-legal

Just taking those old records off the shelf: Mike Pompeo ties Iran to Al Qaeda. It's 2003 again.

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Wednesday accused Iran of ties to Al-Qaeda and declined to say whether the Trump administration had legal authority to invade the country.

Testifying before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Pompeo hedged on whether the authorization of force by the US Congress days after the September 11, 2001 attacks would allow the United States to strike Iran.

"The factual question with respect to Iran's connections to Al-Qaeda is very real. They have hosted Al-Qaeda, they have permitted Al-Qaeda to transit their country," he said.

"There is no doubt there is a connection between the Islamic Republic of Iran and Al-Qaeda. Period, full stop," he said.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Bolton, Pompeo, and Haspel almost got their war last night. Trump had second thoughts and called off what a strike that would have started a war with 10 minutes to spare. We might not be so lucky next time.

Trump surrounded himself with chicken hawk neocons. If he doesn't want his presidency to go down in shame, he needs to remove those people. They will never stop until they get their war. The American people will not back an Iranian war.

bga1

Reaction score
Looks like Tulsi needs to swallow her own pride and apologize for mouthing off. It is one thing to play politics and attempt to resist everything this president does and says on a day to day basis - that's sad but it's who you and they are. But to be playing these games when the incident is this serious is unacceptable. She and a lot of others need to shut up on the personal stuff and focus on the issue at hand.

Last edited:

bga1

Reaction score
Bolton, Pompeo, and Haspel almost got their war last night. Trump had second thoughts and called off what a strike that would have started a war with 10 minutes to spare. We might not be so lucky next time.

Trump surrounded himself with chicken hawk neocons. If he doesn't want his presidency to go down in shame, he needs to remove those people. They will never stop until they get their war. The American people will not back an Iranian war.
Obviously Trump does not want a war. You are too dumb to understand why he has Bolton at his side.

Top Bottom