Walz Should Be Locking Things Up Right Now - COVID

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
The solution seems pretty simple: incentivize people to turn in their neighbors for gathering size violations, weddings, parties. Maybe $200 finder’s fee, or maybe a per head bounty - will $50 do it? Deputize citizens, maybe fair-minded people like BLM to fan out, patrol to hand out violations in alignment with the defund the police movement.

Wally

Reaction score
The solution seems pretty simple: incentivize people to turn in their neighbors for gathering size violations, weddings, parties. Maybe $200 finder’s fee, or maybe a per head bounty - will $50 do it? Deputize citizens, maybe fair-minded people like BLM to fan out, patrol to hand out violations in alignment with the defund the police movement.
Deputize them, shoot to kill. Misdemeanors are a death sentence...

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
Yea he doesn't have an agenda. The decisions aren't easy. It makes sense to close places where people from many households congregate. Yes it sucks, we are in s place where there is no good solutions. This whiner ensures I won't patronize a Lifetime.

He thinks this is to appease the public, ROTFLMAO, that shows what an idiot he is. No one wants things shutdown. But I suppose they are doing it just to hurt Trump🤣🤣🤣
Yeah his agenda is to run a business that promotes physical and mental health in a time where that is essential, keep people employed around the holidays, and has the data to prove that it's safe.

What a terrible person.

The only reason to shut down gyms is to appease the public. Maybe you should take another look at the title of this thread...

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Seems like that’s been done before in history. Like Hedley Lamarr said in blazing saddles “too Jewish”

Wally

Reaction score
The only reason to shut down gyms is to appease the public. Maybe you should take another look at the title of this thread...
I guess the thread title reflects what the public thinks? As far as I know no one wants shutdowns, some people think they are necessary but I couldn't tell you if it is a majority or not.

I am fine, with it, someone posted numbers and health clubs were one of the highest contract traced spreaders, after Bars/ restaurants.

I am glad my hockey shutdown. I just found out this morning, someone on my team I played with a few days ago got sick the next day and tested positive. Sure glad I wore my N95 in the locker room, I might get tested tomorrow still.

Wally

Reaction score
What a terrible person.
Not terrible, but he is convincing himself whats best for him is whats right. Most common thing that humans do, they can justify basically anything if its good for them, even really horrible things. He gave no good argument and he didn't have any solution for covid beyond "don't close gyms"

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Contact tracing isn’t scientific evidence? What in the holy hell?
Your fault for being imprecise and unclear. You've constantly asked for "scientific evidence" to mean published papers, and other very rigorous proof. Not phone calls. So I assumed correctly, based on your previous usage.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I take great satisfaction in that PE, GWG, et al have been bold and loud, and wrong at every point in this pandemic.

I also take great comfort knowing they have zero control and influence on any part of the process. What a disaster that would've been.

That's why you never, never, ever let Libertarians be in charge, of anything. They'll run it into the ground.

Laissez faire is a mental disease.

Wally

Reaction score
I have a solution.

How about all the people who want no shutdowns sign an agreement that they will not be admitted to any hospital until covid is over, for any reason. If we get a large enough percentage of the population to sign, then we can let it rip without overrunning the hospitals. Lets get some skin in the game.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I have a solution.

How about all the people who want no shutdowns sign an agreement that they will not be admitted to any hospital until covid is over, for any reason. If we get a large enough percentage of the population to sign, then we can let it rip without overrunning the hospitals. Lets get some skin in the game.
I'm with you in spirit, but the whole problem is that just one of these dumb bast__ds gets near an innocent person who is minding their own business and doing the right thing, poof they infect that person and they die.

If infectors could be held liable (civil and criminal), then you'd have something.

howeda7

Reaction score
I have a solution.

Sounds like the R healthcare plan. Can't pay? Go die in the street. As a society we won't do that, even when deserved.

Wally

Reaction score
Sounds like the R healthcare plan. Can't pay? Go die in the street. As a society we won't do that, even when deserved.
Maybe we could get a bunch of Republican legislators to sit in the hospital and be the death panel. Its the inevitable result of their desired policies, they need to own it and put their signature to every person they decide to deny care to. If they do that I am fine letting it rip with no restrictions.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
I have a solution.

Why stop there.
Want the cops defunded agree not to call them.
Eat fast food and become obese no healthcare for you.
Decide to drink and drive no live saving measures if you have an accident.
Become and alcoholic and need a new liver sorry can’t help you.

that would get some personal responsibility for people.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
I
People are already dying in the streets of democratic heavens of New York and California.

I am always confused why people want the federal government to run health care. They can’t manage the VA system or Medicare without massive fraud and waste. What the hell do you think will happen if they enlarge the program.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Another way to stop movement would be to only allow people with certain license plate numbers to drive on certain days. I believe they do something like this is France when people go down town to ease congestion. Caught out and about you are forced back home and given a citation or shot on the spot it’s up to the officer.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
Not terrible, but he is convincing himself whats best for him is whats right. Most common thing that humans do, they can justify basically anything if its good for them, even really horrible things. He gave no good argument and he didn't have any solution for covid beyond "don't close gyms"
You obviously didn't watch the video. He stated the data and offered plenty of solutions to keep gyms open.

Wally

Reaction score
You obviously didn't watch the video. He stated the data and offered plenty of solutions to keep gyms open.
I watched the video, it was way more rediculous than I thought it would be tbh. I heard someone mention it on the radio and I expected better.

Gold Vision

Reaction score
Yea he doesn't have an agenda. The decisions aren't easy. It makes sense to close places where people from many households congregate. Yes it sucks, we are in s place where there is no good solutions. This whiner ensures I won't patronize a Lifetime.

He thinks this is to appease the public, ROTFLMAO, that shows what an idiot he is. No one wants things shutdown. But I suppose they are doing it just to hurt Trump🤣🤣🤣
What did he say that you disagree with? Of course people from many households congregate at a health club. Just like every other retail and religious assembly that allows it currently.

Have you been in a Life Time since they reopened? They are absolute ghost towns. With the shear size of their clubs, there is ample ample space to limit capacity, spread out and effectively distance.

Gold Vision

Reaction score
What’s best for him? How about the 30,000 people he employees? How about the 1000’s that took pay cuts for months earlier this year or the 600 in Minnesota corporate offices that were already laid off earlier this year?

You gave up beer league hockey. Sounds like a similar sacrifice...

LakevilleBro

Reaction score
Why are the hospitals full?
Sure most people have mild symptoms, doesn't change the fact that enough people get really sick, enough to overwhelm the hospitals.
I am just saying my wide circle of friends are not in the hospitals. They may be much older patients, but it is difficult to get accurate data on that.

The local news used to state that there were X number of deaths/day and then state how many people died in LTC facilities. They do not do that anymore. My friend in Dallas, said that their news updates did the same thing. The daily COVID death rate used to show that approx 80% came from LTC facilities. I really wish that they would show us that figure.

Wally

Reaction score
What’s best for him? How about the 30,000 people he employees? How about the 1000’s that took pay cuts for months earlier this year or the 600 in Minnesota corporate offices that were already laid off earlier this year?

If its a ghost town then they are probably better off closed. I never said it was good, If I had the power I would have a stimulus to get businesses forced to close thru the pandemic.
I also would have closed bars a month or more ago after seeing some of the parking lots, again with a bailout. All this would have been possible with good leadership on the federal level, this surge is no surprise to anyone.

Wally

Reaction score
My kids sports are all cancelled to. My work looks like it could dry up next year, so my job could be gone because of this, we shall see.

Thankfully we got the kids in private school which is awesome, we never would have done it if not for Covid, never going back now. Their school will only close if forced or they have no teachers to teach. I think all elementary schools should be open.

Gold Vision

Reaction score
If its a ghost town then they are probably better off closed. I never said it was good, If I had the power I would have a stimulus to get businesses forced to close thru the pandemic.
I also would have closed bars a month or more ago after seeing some of the parking lots, again with a bailout. All this would have been possible with good leadership on the federal level, this surge is no surprise to anyone.
For Life Time in particular, the bolded couldn’t be any further from the truth. You can’t charge dues if you’re not open.

The biggest failure of the federal government is letting a split legislature and partisan politics get in the way of a meaningful second stimulus package. There is no federal aid coming this time around for the thousands that will be furloughed.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Perhaps you're saying some democrats are anti-science. Clearly most of them are science based when making decisions. Likewise if you're a GOP, most of them do not believe in the Covid as to being a problem. Believe you have it reverse big time.
Liar. Most Republicans believe it is a major issue.

Top Bottom