Walz Should Be Locking Things Up Right Now - COVID

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Kids live with their parents / families.
College kids and pro football players are adults who are probably better confined.
Those are differences between HS vs college / pro.

The other difference to answer your question is MONEY.

MONEY? What about the money of restuarants and bars?

And this is supposed to be a deadly virus. Non essentials need to go bye bye. It's DEADLY! Vikings should not play

Face The Facts

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
MONEY? What about the money of restuarants and bars?

And this is supposed to be a deadly virus. Non essentials need to go bye bye. It's DEADLY! Vikings should not play
Leaving out any debate on how deadly, etc.

The NFL and NFL owners are more important to politicians than your average restaurant / resrtaurant owner down the street.

Colleges and Universities and their football fundraisers are far more important to any state's economy than a collection of diners.

Here's an old map for reference. Many will be out-raged about Walmart, but look how in some many states the largest employer is their college system.

It is not Joe's Burger Shop.

Edit: TLDR - We don't shut down pro or college teams because they are a major part of our ponzi-scheme economy. (It's also why healthcare won't improve anytime soon).

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
Are you really asking this?
You don't know why numbers are increasing now vs this summer?
Walz mentioned it in the presser last night along with the reason it peaked in warmer climates earlier this year.
Yet Walz just said a few weeks ago that there will be no reason to close businesses again. I guess he just forgot about the weather?

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score

The NFL and NFL owners are more important to politicians than your average restaurant / resrtaurant owner down the street.

Colleges and Universities and their football fundraisers are far more important to any state's economy than a collection of diners.

Here's an old map for reference. Many will be out-raged about Walmart, but look how in some many states the largest employer is their college system.

Edit: TLDR - We don't shut down pro or college teams because they are a major part of our ponzi-scheme economy. (It's also why healthcare won't improve anytime soon).
I cant disagree with anything that you said here. Just shows how corrupt tom walz and other politicans are

Face The Facts

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
Yet Walz just said a few weeks ago that there will be no reason to close businesses again. I guess he just forgot about the weather?
Oh! We're playing "Gotcha" politics.

He said this then.
Therefore his view should never change.
Any change on his behalf in that opinion is therefore proof he was ignorant prior.

If his opinion does change, it's probably based on bad information or faulty logic.

Therefore politician is exposing some underlying motive to alienate people rather do something that's good.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
EVERYONE is failing. Secondly, blaming people for not abiding by the restrictions is not politicizing it. That is a fact. COVID spreads through people, when people are walking around Walmart not wearing a mask they are making the situation worse. That is a scientific fact.

The revisionist history here would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Here you are, saying Walz had 8 months to take care of this mess when (I will assume you) and so many others have been bitching about him restricting your freedom the last 8 months. He has been trying to find a balance of the two

You are making me defend Walz which is not my intent. I am all for arguing about whether he is an idiot, but to say he is doing this for "politics" is sheer lunacy. Rip the man for his plan, not his character. He is clearly trying to do what he thinks is best for Minnesotans or he wouldn't be throwing his political career in the trash
The virus is spreading no matter what government restrictions are in place, locally and nationally, and across the world. No argument here. I've yet to see a person not wearing a mask where they are required to wear a mask.

I have no issue with restrictions that make sense, and are backed by data. Gyms are responsible for .33% of the cases in MN, but they need to be shut down? But retail and malls can stay 100% open? That's not science.

Walz has repeatedly pointed the blame at Trump and other republican politicians in surrounding states, and nationally, and he did it again last night. That's politics.

Face The Facts

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
I cant disagree with anything that you said here. Just shows how corrupt tom walz and other politicans are
Well, you see it as "corruption".
I don't know if it is. It's just our economy.
If we suddenly just start saying it with 100% honesty, the damage would be far greater.

You can't just keep saying

"We'll bow to the richest Americas no matter what."

"We'll bow to the government agencies propped up by government to keep people employed even though the system is vastly inefficient".

You start doing that, you'll cause a civil war.
Far better to keep protests limited to small groups of people who feel the biggest hurdle in their life is a social injustice vs an injustice with the fundamental principals in which our economy works.

You're smart enough to understand this, aren't you?
Or do you really thing one side is better for you than the other?

Spoofin

Reaction score
EVERYONE is failing. Secondly, blaming people for not abiding by the restrictions is not politicizing it. That is a fact. COVID spreads through people, when people are walking around Walmart not wearing a mask they are making the situation worse. That is a scientific fact.
I'm pro mask. Wear mine everywhere outside of my house. Not sure exactly how much it helps, but I know it doesn't hurt. With that said, this narrative that we are spiking now because not everyone wears masks is just wrong. Wrong based on timing, wrong based on data, just wrong. Just because Walz said it and it gives you something to point your finger at, doesn't make it true. We should all abide by the mask mandate, including the 10-15% that currently don't, but that isn't going to stop the spread of COVID-19.

Spoofin

Reaction score

NFL and college players get tested daily.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
The virus is spreading no matter what government restrictions are in place, locally and nationally, and across the world. No argument here. I've yet to see a person not wearing a mask where they are required to wear a mask.

I have no issue with restrictions that make sense, and are backed by data. Gyms are responsible for .33% of the cases in MN, but they need to be shut down? But retail and malls can stay 100% open? That's not science.

Walz has repeatedly pointed the blame at Trump and other republican politicians in surrounding states, and nationally, and he did it again last night. That's politics.
GWG:

Gyms are the largest spreaders among things that aren't essential to people living (ie, being able to buy food and things to do at home), so we have to shut them down but not places where people buy food??!?!?!

Biggest fraud on the board.

Face The Facts

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
GWG:

Gyms are the largest spreaders among things that aren't essential to people living (ie, being able to buy food and things to do at home), so we have to shut them down but not places where people buy food??!?!?!

Biggest fraud on the board.
Do you have a list of top 5 frauds on this board I could reference?

howeda7

Reaction score

I won't say the NFL and college sports aren't being given preferential treatment due to $ and the voter outrage cancelling them would cause, but they are essentially small, contained "bubbles" that are tested daily. The chances of them causing a large community outbreak are minimal. Doing that for HS/youth sports isn't practical.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
As I said, you're lying that such evidence is possible. I was correct then, and now.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
I hope people that host thanksgiving parties are turned into the city and their utilities are turned off like they are doing in California. No due process, just a arbitrary unelected beurocrate can decide to turn off the power and water to a residence. We need to be safe and these parties could become super spreaders. Of course you could also get infected at the Mayo Clinic sting lunch without a mask, you just never know.

Minnesota

Reaction score
I hope people that host thanksgiving parties are turned into the city and their utilities are turned off like they are doing in California. No due process, just a arbitrary unelected beurocrate can decide to turn off the power and water to a residence. We need to be safe and these parties could become super spreaders. Of course you could also get infected at the Mayo Clinic sting lunch without a mask, you just never know.
Those poor people living in the Hollywood Hills (...two months ago?). What ever will they do?

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
As I said, you're lying that such evidence is possible. I was correct then, and now.
They literally collect contact tracing and determine clusters, chain of transmission. This is going on right now. I’d like to see the evidence youth sports is a major risk. My hypothesis is NO outside of isolated clusters here and there but I’d be happy to be proven wrong.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Those poor people living in the Hollywood Hills (...two months ago?). What ever will they do?

Why does it matter who it is and where they live. Here’s a story where the swat team was sent into a a minority neighborhood to break up a 1 year olds birthday party. Is this story better cause it’s not a rich white person.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Has Newsom or his restaurant buds had their utilities turned off

🤔

Is Nancy still blaming her hairdresser for getting caught with her hand in the cookie jar

🤔

MplsGopher

Reaction score
They literally collect contact tracing and determine clusters, chain of transmission. This is going on right now. I’d like to see the evidence youth sports is a major risk. My hypothesis is NO outside of isolated clusters here and there but I’d be happy to be proven wrong.
That's not "scientific evidence". Not my fault you're so cryptic and imprecise when you post.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised at all if players and player families lied to the contact tracers, to try to avoid the seasons being cancelled. Not in the slightest.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Why wasn’t Newsom arrested for breaking his own protocols and having a group dinner the other day. Or better yet why was the restaurant not fined for allowing that dangerous dinner to happen. Here’s a story where church’s and health clubs were fined for violations, should the restaurant not be fined for allowing Newsom to dine in such a dangerous way. Seems like a fine is warranted, especially when there are pictures.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
That's not "scientific evidence". Not my fault you're so cryptic and imprecise when you post.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised at all if players and player families lied to the contact tracers, to try to avoid the seasons being cancelled. Not in the slightest.
Contact tracing isn’t scientific evidence? What in the holy hell?

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
Here is an impressive statement by Life Time’s founder Bahram Akradi, who is actually using data and Science.

LakevilleBro

Reaction score
I know a lot of people with COVID, not one went to a hospital. Some had a loss of smell or taste for a day or two. Some had aches and pains for a few days.

Wally

Reaction score
I'm saying what Walz is doing isn't serious.
What does that mean?

I would say he is trying to target activities with the highest risk, he is only doing mitigation, he isn't trying to get rid of the virus. What would you do for mitigation, to ensure critical care beds are available for heart attacks, car accidents and Trumpers who fail in their suicide attempts?😎

Wally

Reaction score
I know a lot of people with COVID, not one went to a hospital. Some had a loss of smell or taste for a day or two. Some had aches and pains for a few days.
Why are the hospitals full?
Sure most people have mild symptoms, doesn't change the fact that enough people get really sick, enough to overwhelm the hospitals.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
I'm pro mask. Wear mine everywhere outside of my house. Not sure exactly how much it helps, but I know it doesn't hurt. With that said, this narrative that we are spiking now because not everyone wears masks is just wrong. Wrong based on timing, wrong based on data, just wrong. Just because Walz said it and it gives you something to point your finger at, doesn't make it true. We should all abide by the mask mandate, including the 10-15% that currently don't, but that isn't going to stop the spread of COVID-19.
I’d still argue that it’s more than 10-15% as there are some that wear them only when they’re being forced to. Masks aren’t going to be enforced at most weddings, parties, family gatherings, etc.

Wally

Reaction score
Here is an impressive statement by Life Time’s founder Bahram Akradi, who is actually using data and Science.

Yea he doesn't have an agenda. The decisions aren't easy. It makes sense to close places where people from many households congregate. Yes it sucks, we are in s place where there is no good solutions. This whiner ensures I won't patronize a Lifetime.

He thinks this is to appease the public, ROTFLMAO, that shows what an idiot he is. No one wants things shutdown. But I suppose they are doing it just to hurt Trump🤣🤣🤣

Top Bottom