Walz Should Be Locking Things Up Right Now - COVID

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Lots of upset kids tonight knowing this was their last hockey game for four weeks, and they know it’s likely longer. Many of them are distance learners for whom sports is their only peer contact point.
It’s really something. The ones who should be in school, don’t get sick, and need activities are the ones who get punished. This isn’t science,it is politics. Yes, some young people get it bad, but that’s not why we are doing this.

forever a gopher

Reaction score
No. People will not do their holiday shopping all online. Malls will be busier than ever this year. Walz knows what the devastating result of locking down retailers during their most profitable season would be otherwise he'd close them down too.
I’m not sure they’ll be busier, but they sure will be plenty busy. There was just the story about Targets stock price going up due to them slaying it during the pandemic. Sure, some of that is online shopping, but a lot is in store. If you’ve been to a big box store, you’ve noticed the pandemic is not keeping anybody away. Menards has been exceptionally packed, way more so than usual. Not sure about malls, as I haven’t been to one recently, but I would be shocked if they also aren’t packed.

Wally

Reaction score
Why shut down HS Nordic skiing? You can still go to Afton and ski in the general area of many others, but can’t cross-country ski outside in the general area of a small group from your school?
Yea, hey kids pile in the bus we are going to the meet.🙄🙄🙄

Of course in Spoofs world every kid has a chauffeur to drive them to meets and a gold toilet at home.😂

Wally

Reaction score
Lots of upset kids tonight knowing this was their last hockey game for four weeks, and they know it’s likely longer. Many of them are distance learners for whom sports is their only peer contact point.
It’s really something. The ones who should be in school, don’t get sick, and need activities are the ones who get punished. This isn’t science,it is politics. Yes, some young people get it bad, but that’s not why we are doing this.
It seems they are closing the activities with the most outbreaks tied to them, please explain how thats ""political""???

Yes it sucks for the kids, but no one is trying to get rid of the virus so hopefully in 4 weeks the hospitals are doing good and they can restart.

Wally

Reaction score
That’s great now way don’t the mandates go into effect tonight effective immediately. If someone gets sick and dies tomorrow due to a restaurant being open will blood not be on Walz’s hands?
He is not trying to stop the virus just preserve hospital capacity and restore. Someone has to be an adult and I am sure MN hospitals will be taking patients from ND, SD, Iowa and WI for the foreseeable future. I say block the boarder but Im a prick.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
He is not trying to stop the virus just preserve hospital capacity and restore. Someone has to be an adult and I am sure MN hospitals will be taking patients from ND, SD, Iowa and WI for the foreseeable future. I say block the boarder but Im a prick.
Finally some clarity, Wallace?

Face The Facts

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
It would be fine for the kids to play if they didn't live with adults.

Face The Facts

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
I’m not sure they’ll be busier, but they sure will be plenty busy. There was just the story about Targets stock price going up due to them slaying it during the pandemic. Sure, some of that is online shopping, but a lot is in store. If you’ve been to a big box store, you’ve noticed the pandemic is not keeping anybody away. Menards has been exceptionally packed, way more so than usual. Not sure about malls, as I haven’t been to one recently, but I would be shocked if they also aren’t packed.
Malls are not packed. Not only have you not gone into them, neither have most people.
Essentials are in need because more people cooking from home. Good for Target. Also more toilet paper being consumed at home. (Good for Target).
Home improvement projects were more popular this summer with people locked in their houses. Good for Menards and Home Depot.

The need for people to go to Cinnabon, Auntie Annes, the mall jeweler, Claires, and Spencers Gifts had decreased.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
If it's that serious, why isn't everything shut down? Why do college and professional players get to keep playing? Shut the Vikings down

gopheraschells

Reaction score
What is the politics of this??? Do you think Walz is doing this because he thinks it is going to get him reelected? Honestly, in what world do you think this is helping the Democrats? Walz is doing what he thinks is necessary to keep the public safe. Go ahead and debate the merits of it, but to think it is being done for political reasons is asinine. Get a grip.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Yep. Reactionary at best. Harmful at worst.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
What is the politics of this??? Do you think Walz is doing this because he thinks it is going to get him reelected? Honestly, in what world do you think this is helping the Democrats? Walz is doing what he thinks is necessary to keep the public safe. Go ahead and debate the merits of it, but to think it is being done for political reasons is asinine. Get a grip.
Is there any evidence via contact tracing high school kids are frequently transmitting to family members? The evidence I’ve seen says no. Feel free to post something otherwise. Most teens seem to want to lock themselves in their rooms or the basement, ie teens have been self-quarantining from parents for generations.

Necessary close contact, eg car rides could be made safe via better masks, egn95+ but nobody wants to go outside their box. Least of all our savior politicians.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Is there any evidence via contact tracing high school kids are frequently transmitting to family members? The evidence I’ve seen says no. Feel free to post something otherwise. Most teens seem to want to lock themselves in their rooms or the basement, ie teens have been self-quarantining from parents for generations.

Necessary close contact, eg car rides could be made safe via better masks, egn95+ but nobody wants to go outside their box. Least of all our savior politicians.
Coaches? Refs? Arena/gym staff?

Yeah we know, F em.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
BINGO. A wonderful social experiment to see just how far they can push people in regards to the freedoms they'll give up without a fuss.

gopheraschells

Reaction score

As I said, go ahead and debate the merits, but what "politics" are being played? Please explain to me how this is politically advantageous to Walz and the dems. If anything this could be political suicide. Walz is doing something wildly unpopular that will likely doom him in the next election. Saying this is all being done for "politics" just exposes you as partyline sheep.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
As I said, go ahead and debate the merits, but what "politics" are being played? Please explain to me how this is politically advantageous to Walz and the dems. If anything this could be political suicide. Walz is doing something wildly unpopular that will likely doom him in the next election. Saying this is all being done for "politics" just exposes you as partyline sheep.
Im asking for a scientific defense of the decision. There has been a ton of shooting from the hip going on because it “feels right”.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Are they hugging these kids? Get them some decent masks, or distance appropriately. Carry on. We can that, if we want to.
We've already lost 8 months of life, and we're going to lose 4-5 more. Then it will be over.

I say, let kids repeat the grade and have another year of eligibility. Isn't that a safer, and much easier, path?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Im asking for a scientific defense of the decision. There has been a ton of shooting from the hip going on because it “feels right”.
Such bu____it.

It's impossible to definitely prove anything, at this time. 10 years from now, we'll have the scientific answers.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
4 weeks is just going to exit us the week before Xmas.

I say, extend the restrictions to 7 weeks. Just rip the damn bandaid off. Get us through New Year's.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
You people that think walz is keeping us safe are retarded. Walz and the goverment are not your daddy and mommy

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
The fact that this has been 100% on the states since the beginning, as it should be, and he's had 8 months prevent another shut down and failed. His excuse? Blaming the federal response and people who aren't abiding by the restrictions, when most are. That's politics, and his followers absolutely believe the BS he spews.

gopheraschells

Reaction score
The fact that this has been 100% on the states since the beginning, as it should be, and he's had 8 months prevent another shut down and failed. His excuse? Blaming the federal response and people who aren't abiding by the restrictions, when most are. That's politics, and his followers absolutely believe the BS he spews.
EVERYONE is failing. Secondly, blaming people for not abiding by the restrictions is not politicizing it. That is a fact. COVID spreads through people, when people are walking around Walmart not wearing a mask they are making the situation worse. That is a scientific fact.

The revisionist history here would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Here you are, saying Walz had 8 months to take care of this mess when (I will assume you) and so many others have been bitching about him restricting your freedom the last 8 months. He has been trying to find a balance of the two

You are making me defend Walz which is not my intent. I am all for arguing about whether he is an idiot, but to say he is doing this for "politics" is sheer lunacy. Rip the man for his plan, not his character. He is clearly trying to do what he thinks is best for Minnesotans or he wouldn't be throwing his political career in the trash

Face The Facts

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
If it's that serious, why isn't everything shut down? Why do college and professional players get to keep playing? Shut the Vikings down
Kids live with their parents / families.
College kids and pro football players are adults who are probably better confined.
Those are differences between HS vs college / pro.

The other difference to answer your question is MONEY.

Face The Facts

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score

Are you really asking this?
You don't know why numbers are increasing now vs this summer?
Walz mentioned it in the presser last night along with the reason it peaked in warmer climates earlier this year.

Top Bottom