Walz Should Be Locking Things Up Right Now - COVID

Face The Facts

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
Number of cases have grown drastically the last few days.
Hospitals are close to full.

The peak is hitting us.

Action needs to be taken.

Expect schools to close soon.

John Galt

Reaction score
The election is over. No one cares any more.

Face The Facts

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
The election is over. No one cares any more.
Yeh, but for anyone who might have a relative get sick by any mysterious disease that may exist, if you want a nurse to care for them, we might want to slow down the need for hospitalizations.

Might want to cancel some elective surgeries to make some room.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Yeh, but for anyone who might have a relative get sick by any mysterious disease that may exist, if you want a nurse to care for them, we might want to slow down the need for hospitalizations.

I am hearing this may be the case very shortly at the mother........

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Number of cases have grown drastically the last few days.
Hospitals are close to full.

The peak is hitting us.

Action needs to be taken.

Expect schools to close soon.
Here's More info on the cause of hospitals ICU's being full. Shorter of workers is also a big issue.

While COVID-19 ICU admissions have nearly doubled since early October, patients with the infectious disease make up only 18% of total ICU usage. Among all 1,140 patients in Minnesota ICU beds, the majority are recovering from surgeries or being treated for unrelated issues such as strokes and traumatic injuries.

Minnesota has a capacity of roughly 1,500 immediately available ICU beds — with another 400 or so that could be readied within 72 hours — but one Twin Cities hospital physician said that overstates availability because open beds are useless without nursing staff to treat patients.

scools12

Reaction score
I totally believe and expect lockdowns are coming not only here but throughout the country

Wally

Reaction score
Let them die, time to clean out the weak...
Its all a hoax to hurt Trump anyways

Face The Facts

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
Schools will be going to distance learning all over ASAP with this rise.

I don't know why Walz isn't having press conferences to lock things down. It's worse now than at any point and wearing a mask is not adequate protection to prevent a spike right now.

John Galt

Reaction score

I don't know why Walz isn't having press conferences to lock things down. It's worse now than at any point and wearing a mask is not adequate protection to prevent a spike right now.
Because Walz doesn’t care any more. It’s over. The fear mongering allowed Biden to win. Nothing to see / it’s all over.

cncmin

Reaction score

I have multiple relatives who are sick with covid, all in out-state MN. This has gotten wayyyyyy out of hand, and almost all of it out-of-handedness goes straight to the top in this country.

Section2

Reaction score

Dude. Lockdowns do not work and cause more harm than good. Stop it.

Section2

Reaction score

Vulnerable people should be extra careful. Everyone else should get on with their lives. We shut down for months for nothing. There was no spike. You have no idea how much damage it caused. It was inevitable that we would get hit in the winter months.

Face The Facts

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
Vulnerable people should be extra careful. Everyone else should get on with their lives. We shut down for months for nothing. There was no spike. You have no idea how much damage it caused. It was inevitable that we would get hit in the winter months.
Now is the time to slow the spread otherwise we'll have people in hospitals without nurses to care for them.

cncmin

Reaction score
Dude. Lockdowns do not work and cause more harm than good. Stop it.
There is a huge difference between "lockdowns" and common sense actions. When common sense isn't working, you dig deeper. The end game here should NOT be to get as many people infected as possible as quickly as possible, as that's a total disaster. But that's the Trump strategy, straight from his California radiologist heading this all, crazy Scott Atlas.

Gold Vision

Reaction score
C3138A70-DE93-47D8-A97B-198B3B670CF2.jpegSchools need to make decisions based on their own data. This is Minnetonka’s snapshot today.

KD6-3.7

credulous skeptic
Reaction score
i’m not really following this anymore. can someone post a graph of covid deaths?

Wally

Reaction score
Because Walz doesn’t care any more. It’s over. The fear mongering allowed Biden to win. Nothing to see / it’s all over.
Maybe he doesn't want to get shot or kidnapped by a right wing nutjob....

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
I skimmed it and didn’t see any new orders on closing doors. What did I miss?
Not yet, but he has the ability to shutter schools whenever he wants. He also laid out 12 orders stating how schools need to be run currently and how they need to handle childcare.

It's not the job of the governor to dictate to superintendents and school boards on how to run their schools.

Gold Vision

Reaction score
Not yet, but he has the ability to shutter schools whenever he wants. He also laid out 12 orders stating how schools need to be run currently and how they need to handle childcare.

It's not the job of the governor to dictate to superintendents and school boards on how to run their schools.
:sneaky:

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
Mayo Clinic is getting skittish. Just some rumblings around town and cryptic emails from the CEO. But this may be reaching a tipping point -- hospitals under staffed and over capacity.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
The only reason to lockdown at this point is to protect hospitals' ability to treat severe covid patients and other life threatening patients. It's as simple as that. You overflow them = people die who didn't have to.

What happens in Europe tends to be what happens here, some time later. So I guess it shouldn't surprise anyone.

It is pretty well known that younger kids don't spread it, nearly as much. So I really think they need to keep elementary schools open and in-person. Parents desperately need that. Older kids, can take care of themselves moreso. Close middle and high school for the rest of the semester, online only. The U will be doing online only after T-giving (maybe earlier though).

Wonder if we'll get back to restaurants, gyms, etc. closing down completely.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Yeah, some of things Walz did early that people raged against, like buying that warehouse, may turn out to be prudent.
Weird!!!

Also I recall earlier when people were bragging about how well the Dakotas were doing, at avoiding the virus. Sturgis!

Also, Sweden!

Top Bottom