Walz is a Fraud on Covid LockDown

jamiche

Reaction score
This is such an awful post. Freedom really is a joke to you. Ron Paul voter. We should trade freedom for security!! Lick Walz Lick
Along with "freedom" comes responsibility, melvy. You donalds have shown yourselves to be incapable of handling the latter on any level.

Section2

Reaction score
Along with "freedom" comes responsibility, melvy. You donalds have shown yourselves to be incapable of handling the latter on any level.
You want your political opponents dead, but will settle for their submission.

forever a gopher

Reaction score
While I'm uncomfortable with one person having this much authority in our system of governance, in this situation it was preferable to giving the donalds a say in a public health emergency of this severity. It frightens me to think of how much higher our case counts and death rates would have been if the donalds had been allowed to block necessary steps in the name of "freedom" and "common sense." ("Freedom" for donalds usually means freedom for them, but not other folks. We have no idea what "common sense" means, but it sounds good.) Anti science, anti medicine and anti vaccine was not the prescription our state needed.

Walz mishandled the nursing home situation. Other than that, very sound.
While slightly directed at you, but more of a general statement. Painting with a broad brush makes glossing over "the other side" much easier and makes it way easier to make them all the boogeyman. My point is simple- we have a constitution that allows us certain freedoms, and in certain instances it seems like not abiding by it's checks and balances is the best answer. Look at the Patriot Act, which has basically given the federal government carte blanche to spy on the American people. We gave up our freedoms for "safety". But of course, these are politicians we're talking about here. Do you really trust any of them (no matter what side) to uphold the extra power they've been given and not take advantage of it?

Yet again, COVID is a perfect example. Walz took "emergency powers" and has ridden them as long as he can. To be fair, a lot of governors have, which is despicable. This thing hasn't moved fast for a long time that due process and checks and balances through proper governance should have been used for a long time now. But we're still allowing Walz to run the show exclusively. The fact that you don't want the other side of the aisle to have their constitutional right to have a say in the matter is a sad note in our current status as a divided society. Look at what happens when one side or the other has all the power. It is absolutely healthy to have both sides hashing things out and keeping the other in check. There's a very good reason our government is laid out this way, and we are lucky to have it. Canada doesn't have anything close to our constitution, and they have armed police forcibly shutting down places of worship, and gatherings at private homes.

If you've never read it, I would suggest reading the wonderful children's book, "If You Give A Pig A Pancake". Because if you give a pig a pancake, that motherf'er is soon going to want some syrup to go with it....

scools12

Reaction score
While I'm uncomfortable with one person having this much authority in our system of governance, in this situation it was preferable to giving the donalds a say in a public health emergency of this severity. It frightens me to think of how much higher our case counts and death rates would have been if the donalds had been allowed to block necessary steps in the name of "freedom" and "common sense." ("Freedom" for donalds usually means freedom for them, but not other folks. We have no idea what "common sense" means, but it sounds good.) Anti science, anti medicine and anti vaccine was not the prescription our state needed.

Walz mishandled the nursing home situation. Other than that, very sound.
Uncomfortable with one person having this much authority but ok with it because of hating they other side of the political aisle.

That is one of the most ignorant, sad and pathetic takes ever

jamiche

Reaction score
Uncomfortable with one person having this much authority but ok with it because of hating they other side of the political aisle.

That is one of the most ignorant, sad and pathetic takes ever
It's not a matter of hating and it's not abstract. If we had two parties with competing philosophies of governance and competing capabilities, however imperfect, of implementation, that would be worth an argument. But we don't. We have one political party and one cult.

Unfortunately, you guys have earned it. The seditionist party abdicated its responsibility in governance.

jamiche

Reaction score
While slightly directed at you, but more of a general statement. Painting with a broad brush makes glossing over "the other side" much easier and makes it way easier to make them all the boogeyman. My point is simple- we have a constitution that allows us certain freedoms, and in certain instances it seems like not abiding by it's checks and balances is the best answer. Look at the Patriot Act, which has basically given the federal government carte blanche to spy on the American people. We gave up our freedoms for "safety". But of course, these are politicians we're talking about here. Do you really trust any of them (no matter what side) to uphold the extra power they've been given and not take advantage of it?

Yet again, COVID is a perfect example. Walz took "emergency powers" and has ridden them as long as he can. To be fair, a lot of governors have, which is despicable. This thing hasn't moved fast for a long time that due process and checks and balances through proper governance should have been used for a long time now. But we're still allowing Walz to run the show exclusively. The fact that you don't want the other side of the aisle to have their constitutional right to have a say in the matter is a sad note in our current status as a divided society. Look at what happens when one side or the other has all the power. It is absolutely healthy to have both sides hashing things out and keeping the other in check. There's a very good reason our government is laid out this way, and we are lucky to have it. Canada doesn't have anything close to our constitution, and they have armed police forcibly shutting down places of worship, and gatherings at private homes.

If you've never read it, I would suggest reading the wonderful children's book, "If You Give A Pig A Pancake". Because if you give a pig a pancake, that motherf'er is soon going to want some syrup to go with it....
See my response to scools.

jamiche

Reaction score
You want your political opponents dead, but will settle for their submission.
Nope. I'll settle for a little responsibility. Even just a little at this point. The donalds certainly have the freedom to choose whether or not to get vaccinated. They have shown that they are not responsible enough to make a decision that is good for the country they pretend to love.

The donalds certainly have the freedom to believe all of the lies thrown at them by Donald, Tuck, Fox, Daily Caller, Q, Daily Mail, Parler, etc. I mean shit that's so far fetched a seven year old can see through it. They have failed to exercise even the basic responsibility to semi critically examine the crazy shit that comes their way.

You aren't "political opponents." You are a cult.

stocker08

Reaction score
It would be nice if you guys had a tiny dose of self awareness these past 4 years. Whining and crying is an incredible understatement.

Victim2 chimes in to say "Nah ah. You are."

stocker08

Reaction score
Nope. I'll settle for a little responsibility. Even just a little at this point. The donalds certainly have the freedom to choose whether or not to get vaccinated. They have shown that they are not responsible enough to make a decision that is good for the country they pretend to love.

The donalds certainly have the freedom to believe all of the lies thrown at them by Donald, Tuck, Fox, Daily Caller, Q, Daily Mail, Parler, etc. I mean shit that's so far fetched a seven year old can see through it. They have failed to exercise even the basic responsibility to semi critically examine the crazy shit that comes their way.

Lies and conspiracies being tossed at them daily and they immediately jump on board without so much as a thought. Righties are nothing more than lemmings these days.

jamiche

Reaction score
In fairness to our donalds, Tim Walz is an earnest, responsible, pretty apolitical guy for somebody in a political job. I can't imagine the mess we would be in if T-Paw or Jesse had taken emergency powers in this situation. It's definitely not ideal and the state is lucky that we had the right guy at the right time.

scools12

Reaction score
The idiocy of the leftists can be summed up in another ignorant, sad and pathetic take.

You might want to listen to someone who was in a political cult and they aren’t talking about the right-wing.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Yeah, you got me Wally. I felt getting those most vulnerable vaccinated first was critically important and voices it early on. Wow, way to call me out.

Meanwhile, you go ahead and celebrate MN being at the bottom of the list on vaccine distribution (49th when I last checked) and that it took us over a month to get the Vaccine to ‘nearly 400’ nursing homes.
AFoR0eu.png

Spoofin

Reaction score
Boy oh boy are you on tilt today JTF. Your response to me undressing you repeatedly on GH over the last 24-hours is to find a post of mine from over 3-months ago and dispute it with data from today?
- Fact #1: MN was 49th on January 23rd when I posted that. We were terrible out of the blocks.
- Fact #2: I have more than once on here given credit to Walz and MN for correcting that since.

Dishonest to the core.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Boy oh boy are you on tilt today JTF. Your response to me undressing you repeatedly on GH over the last 24-hours is to find a post of mine from over 3-months ago and dispute it with data from today?
- Fact #1: MN was 49th on January 23rd when I posted that. We were terrible out of the blocks.
- Fact #2: I have more than once on here given credit to Walz and MN for correcting that since.

Dishonest to the core.
Not saying what you said on Jan 23 wasn't true. Just noting that vaccine distribution is a factor in rating governors and that Walz is doing great.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Not saying what you said on Jan 23 wasn't true. Just noting that vaccine distribution is a factor in rating governors and that Walz is doing great.
Any reason then that you quoted my Jan 23rd post while noting this? Why not quote one of the more recent posts where I gave him credit for turning things around in MN? DttC.

jamiche

Reaction score
The idiocy of the leftists can be summed up in another ignorant, sad and pathetic take.

You might want to listen to someone who was in a political cult and they aren’t talking about the right-wing.
74,000,000 to 1.

Section2

Reaction score

You poor victim you. They just won’t listen to your wisdom!

Section2

Reaction score
In fairness to our donalds, Tim Walz is an earnest, responsible, pretty apolitical guy for somebody in a political job. I can't imagine the mess we would be in if T-Paw or Jesse had taken emergency powers in this situation. It's definitely not ideal and the state is lucky that we had the right guy at the right time.
We might have ended up like Florida, shiver at the thought.

forever a gopher

Reaction score
It's not a matter of hating and it's not abstract. If we had two parties with competing philosophies of governance and competing capabilities, however imperfect, of implementation, that would be worth an argument. But we don't. We have one political party and one cult.

Unfortunately, you guys have earned it. The seditionist party abdicated its responsibility in governance.
I'm sorry you feel that way. And I'm sorry you don't have respect for other's opinions. I am guessing you and I wouldn't agree on much politically, but back in the days before social media, we would be able to talk to each other like rational adults without name calling or putting tens of millions of people into one large bucket, like they all think the same thing. I will be the first to admit I am not perfect, and sometimes get dragged into the sludge of this place. However, I always attempt to write like I'm talking to others in person, and not on the internet. There are many people that feel abandoned by our current political climate, probably more that feel like they DON'T have a home than DO. The loud voices on TV and the internet are the extremes, which in all actuality there are few of in this country. Most people fall somewhere in the middle, and certainly not members of some cult. I would call myself somewhere between a conservative and a libertarian. Which, ironically enough, there are some policies that somebody like Andrew Yang or Bernie Sanders I agree with. Of course, there are many I do not agree with. But I am certainly confident enough to be able to debate these items one-by-one and not just spout the company line like many do, as it is so important for "their team" to win. My wife is mostly liberal. Her whole family is a straight-vote democrat family, no matter what the party is doing/saying. I have lively political debates with my father-in-law just about every time I see him. I wouldn't describe him as being in a "cult", nor am I. Just two people on opposite sides debating what we think is best in a respectful manner.

STPGopher

Reaction score
I'm sorry you feel that way. And I'm sorry you don't have respect for other's opinions. I am guessing you and I wouldn't agree on much politically, but back in the days before social media, we would be able to talk to each other like rational adults without name calling or putting tens of millions of people into one large bucket, like they all think the same thing. I will be the first to admit I am not perfect, and sometimes get dragged into the sludge of this place. However, I always attempt to write like I'm talking to others in person, and not on the internet. There are many people that feel abandoned by our current political climate, probably more that feel like they DON'T have a home than DO. The loud voices on TV and the internet are the extremes, which in all actuality there are few of in this country. Most people fall somewhere in the middle, and certainly not members of some cult. I would call myself somewhere between a conservative and a libertarian. Which, ironically enough, there are some policies that somebody like Andrew Yang or Bernie Sanders I agree with. Of course, there are many I do not agree with. But I am certainly confident enough to be able to debate these items one-by-one and not just spout the company line like many do, as it is so important for "their team" to win. My wife is mostly liberal. Her whole family is a straight-vote democrat family, no matter what the party is doing/saying. I have lively political debates with my father-in-law just about every time I see him. I wouldn't describe him as being in a "cult", nor am I. Just two people on opposite sides debating what we think is best in a respectful manner.
Very thoughtful post. While I can't speak for others, I don't think he is trying to be disrespectful to anyone necessarily. Sometimes thoughts are just put out there (often out of frustration). The assumption is if it doesn't apply then it won't bother you.

Regarding the many in the middle, often they are influenced by those that are not.

One thing that comes to mind is some of the conspiracy stuff. An example that comes to mind is someone actually believing that JFK Jr. is still alive. Then it will be layered with the (insert 'enemy' news source) isn't covering it because... Often 'we' just parrot stuff like that without reflection. A trusted friend was actually told this. Said friend couldn't believe what they had just heard, but was able to tell that this conspiracy was just being passed on.

Lots of craziness now.

scools12

Reaction score
While I can't speak for others, I don't think he is trying to be disrespectful to anyone necessarily.
Of course it’s meant to be disrespectful.

I’ll say it again. It’s ignorant, sad and pathetic.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
One thing that comes to mind is some of the conspiracy stuff. An example that comes to mind is someone actually believing that JFK Jr. is still alive. Then it will be layered with the (insert 'enemy' news source) isn't covering it because... Often 'we' just parrot stuff like that without reflection. A trusted friend was actually told this. Said friend couldn't believe what they had just heard, but was able to tell that this conspiracy was just being passed on.

Lots of craziness now.

A friend once said he filled gas for Jim Morrison, yes that Jim Morrison, in Arnette, TX in 1989. Said he was on his way to Baton Rouge. True story...

jamiche

Reaction score
Did you vote for Trump?

Top Bottom