Walz is a Fraud on Covid LockDown

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
There is still nothing in my post that says teachers can't catch covid.

Spoofin

Reaction score
From the article I referenced that's exactly what West Virginia did. They told the federal government, CVS and Walgreens to pound sand and put it under local control.
Wait! What?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
There is still nothing in my post that says teachers can't catch covid.
You believe teachers can catch covid, but that it is so unlikely to happen that demanding a vaccine before restarting in-person class is being "criminally misinformed"?

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
You believe teachers can catch covid, but that it is so unlikely to happen that demanding a vaccine before restarting in-person class is being "criminally misinformed"?
Why can they not put plexiglass and separate the teachers form the kids. Require everyone to wear a mask and get the teachers N95 masks. Like was posted somewhere else the Minneapolis school district tried to alley teacher sign up for the vaccine and gave everyone the same password. That allowed people who were not eligible to sign up. If they wait for everyone to have a shot that could be Christmas of 2021.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Why can they not put plexy glass up
I don't think that is necessary. Masks (doubling as needed) and distancing are effective, according to the CDC.

More the problem is that we're not going to be willing to sacrifice other things in order to give in-person schooling the best chance to succeed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/26/world/cdc-schools-reopening.html
On Tuesday, federal health officials weighed in with a call for returning children to the nation’s classrooms as soon as possible, saying the “preponderance of available evidence” indicates that in-person instruction can be carried out safely as long as mask-wearing and social distancing are maintained.

But local officials also must be willing to impose limits on other settings — like indoor dining, bars or poorly ventilated gyms — in order to keep infection rates low in the community at large, researchers at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in the journal JAMA and in a follow-up interview.

School administrators must limit risky activities such as indoor sports, they added. “It’s not going to be safe to have a pizza party with a group of students,” Margaret Honein, a member of the C.D.C.’s Covid-19 emergency response team and the first author of the article, said in an interview. “But outdoor cross-country, where distance can be maintained, might be fine to continue.”

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
I don't think that is necessary. Masks (doubling as needed) and distancing are effective, according to the CDC.

More the problem is that we're not going to be willing to sacrifice other things in order to give in-person schooling the best chance to succeed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/26/world/cdc-schools-reopening.html
On Tuesday, federal health officials weighed in with a call for returning children to the nation’s classrooms as soon as possible, saying the “preponderance of available evidence” indicates that in-person instruction can be carried out safely as long as mask-wearing and social distancing are maintained.

But local officials also must be willing to impose limits on other settings — like indoor dining, bars or poorly ventilated gyms — in order to keep infection rates low in the community at large, researchers at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in the journal JAMA and in a follow-up interview.

School administrators must limit risky activities such as indoor sports, they added. “It’s not going to be safe to have a pizza party with a group of students,” Margaret Honein, a member of the C.D.C.’s Covid-19 emergency response team and the first author of the article, said in an interview. “But outdoor cross-country, where distance can be maintained, might be fine to continue.”
Is Minnesota not doing all that. Restaurants and places are closed or have greatly reduced occupancy limits. People playing sports are wearing masks. What more do they want. Yes a pizza party on day one of school may not be a good thing.

stocker08

Reaction score
Why can they not put plexiglass and separate the teachers form the kids. Require everyone to wear a mask and get the teachers N95 masks. Like was posted somewhere else the Minneapolis school district tried to alley teacher sign up for the vaccine and gave everyone the same password. That allowed people who were not eligible to sign up. If they wait for everyone to have a shot that could be Christmas of 2021.
Some teachers....especially those dealing with young kids don't always have the ability to keep distance from their students. My mother is Occupational Therapist. She specifically has ZERO ability to keep distance from her kids as they are special needs.

The fact is....especially in elementary schools....you'll generally have thousands of kids in the school. Even if a teacher is able to control their own students from a distance, you still have thousands of others to avoid. And last time I checked....6-10 year olds are generally pretty poor at listening and following directions.

Section2

Reaction score
I assume this article meant to say Kristi Noem or DeSantis instead of Cuomo. Waiting for the correction.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Weren't some making the argument that the death count for covid is falsely too high, though? Because any death that might have any kind of influence from covid, is being counted, which is false to do?

So which is closer to the truth?

Wally

Reaction score
These Covid deniers are some fine people. He has this and an unrelated attempted murder charge.

Report: Co-owner of embattled Alibi bar charged in Jimmy John's assault

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Ricardo Baldazo, 39, already facing attempted murder charges in an unrelated incident, was cited this week over an attack that allegedly happened at a Jimmy John's in Rosemount.

The citation, which lists the offense as assault in the 5th degree, was issued on Wednesday.

According to Minnesota Reformer, Baldazo was charged the next day with two counts of assault and one count of disorderly conduct, with authorities accusing him of "smacking a Jimmy John’s manager... after his companion was asked to wear a mask."

As the news site notes, video footage of the incident was shared on social media, where "internet sleuths" soon helped identify Baldazo.

The Prior Lake resident was charged in December with two counts of attempted murder and two counts of first-degree assault after allegedly firing upon police officers in Burnsville.

What a piece of trash. Hope he does time in prison.

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
You mean like this? Its hard to make this shit up. But California has.

Wally

Reaction score
No, my kids had positive in class. Their class closed for 2 days and then if you got tested and were negative you could come back. I think they needed to be tested 5 days from exposure. But there is a day or two lag usually between exposure and the positive person getting tested. So no they aren't out 14 days.

Spit test is so easy, done it several times at Convention Center, results in about 12 hours.

Reaction score
Democrats love to suspend-limit-cancel-violate people's Rights, Freedoms & Liberties! The Govenor of New York is thankfully being exposed for his crimes, threats, intimidation of opposition & own party members & sexual assaults.

Spoofin

Reaction score
No, my kids had positive in class. Their class closed for 2 days and then if you got tested and were negative you could come back. I think they needed to be tested 5 days from exposure. But there is a day or two lag usually between exposure and the positive person getting tested. So no they aren't out 14 days.

Spit test is so easy, done it several times at Convention Center, results in about 12 hours.
Your kids go to a private school. They don’t have to follow the crap Walz spews out. Your kids are lucky.

Top Bottom