Walz is a Fraud on Covid LockDown

Wally

Reaction score
Walz is right. It’s a lot worse. People attacking and threatening innocent people and business owners is much worse than attacking our federal empire.
From our very own Proud Boy

Spoofin

Reaction score
Not good enough for Spoof I'm sure.....
🙄

The Minnesota Department of Health saying residents and staff at all of the state's nearly 400 nursing homes have gotten their first vaccine dose to fight Covid-19.

Yeah, you got me Wally. I felt getting those most vulnerable vaccinated first was critically important and voices it early on. Wow, way to call me out.

Meanwhile, you go ahead and celebrate MN being at the bottom of the list on vaccine distribution (49th when I last checked) and that it took us over a month to get the Vaccine to ‘nearly 400’ nursing homes.

balds

Reaction score

Looks like the assistant HS football coach and the Philosophy major have things running smoothly this week.

Wally

Reaction score

Looks like the assistant HS football coach and the Philosophy major have things running smoothly this week.
You have a better plan when you have a million people trying to get a couple thousand spots. Let us know.

Maybe a powerball lottery based on last 4 of your SS number?

balds

Reaction score
You have a better plan when you have a million people trying to get a couple thousand spots. Let us know.

If I was on my third vaccine rollout plan in a month, I might look at the ~45 states that are doing better than us for ideas.

I would've looked at the data on outcomes to see who should get the vaccine first (science). Start with 85 plus, then 75 plus, 65 plus, etc. Smaller more manageable groups. I get the thinking about vaccinating all healthcare workers, but I would've hammered home nursing homes and 85, 75 plus before 20-30 year old perfectly healthy healthcare workers, many who don't work in "high risk" areas.

Wally

Reaction score
If I was on my third vaccine rollout plan in a month, I might look at the ~45 states that are doing better than us for ideas.

I would've looked at the data on outcomes to see who should get the vaccine first (science). Start with 85 plus, then 75 plus, 65 plus, etc. Smaller more manageable groups. I get the thinking about vaccinating all healthcare workers, but I would've hammered home nursing homes and 85, 75 plus before 20-30 year old perfectly healthy healthcare workers, many who don't work in "high risk" areas.
MN Nursing homes patients and employees have pretty much all gotten their first dose already.

Have they in Florida or the other states?

Spoofin

Reaction score

I have a few ideas:
1. Stop diverting doses to teachers and focus more doses on the most vulnerable?
2. Don't be ranked in the 40s of States for a)% of doses administered & b)# vaccinated per capita
3. Stop blaming others and celebrating that it took you over a month to reach 400 nursing homes
4. Learn from the past and don't put the State of MN in charge of any web-site program

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score

Government intervention significantly slows progress on pretty much everything it touches.

Yet many people still want them to control everything and think their lives will be better because of it...

Wally

Reaction score
3. Stop blaming others and celebrating that it took you over a month to reach 400 nursing homes
Have all the other states vaccinated their nursing homes faster?

John Galt

Reaction score
I have a few ideas:
1. Stop diverting doses to teachers and focus more doses on the most vulnerable?
2. Don't be ranked in the 40s of States for a)% of doses administered & b)# vaccinated per capita
4. Learn from the past and don't put the State of MN in charge of any web-site program
Nothing Walz could have done.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
I have a few ideas:
2-4 are spot on. The problem with 1 is that many teachers unions will not allow them to go back to onsite teaching without a vaccination because they continue to be so criminally misinformed about the risks to teachers.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
If we were ranked #7 in the nation, but that mean only 20% doses administered and 0.01 vac/capita, you would say the state is doing well?

Relative comparisons to other states without any other context are of limited value.

Why would not doing either of these things actually help the state achieve anything? I doubt much effort is going into these supposed complaints and celebrations.

I have no heard of any problems with the vaccination appointments website since the initial issue. The state did not develop the website, they hired another company to do it.

stocker08

Reaction score
2-4 are spot on. The problem with 1 is that many teachers unions will not allow them to go back to onsite teaching without a vaccination because they continue to be so criminally misinformed about the risks to teachers.
Teachers can't catch covid? Yeah....somebody IS misinformed.

Angry

Reaction score
You haven’t heard that COVID is a white supremacist.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
That son-of-a-bitch Walz just raised my taxes. Again! 🤬

balds

Reaction score
Bueller...
Bueller...
Bueller???
I briefly looked and couldn't find any state data specific to nursing homes. I did find an article on why West Virginia was doing the best job of getting assisted living residents vaccinated. Their Governor must be s smart guy, because he's apparently the one Governor where there WAS something he could do.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Was talking to my local hospital CEO. She said their facility will not be receiving any more doses of the Pfizer vaccine, because those are going to these nine sites for the lottery. her basic feeling is that government should get out of the way and let the health-care industry handle the vaccination program. She was not thrilled about the deal with Walgreens and CVS to handle vaccinations for nursing homes.

I will be interviewing the head of the County Public Health Service on Thursday to get an update on their vaccination program.

balds

Reaction score
Was talking to my local hospital CEO. She said their facility will not be receiving any more doses of the Pfizer vaccine, because those are going to these nine sites for the lottery. her basic feeling is that government should get out of the way and let the health-care industry handle the vaccination program. She was not thrilled about the deal with Walgreens and CVS to handle vaccinations for nursing homes.

I will be interviewing the head of the County Public Health Service on Thursday to get an update on their vaccination program.
From the article I referenced that's exactly what West Virginia did. They told the federal government, CVS and Walgreens to pound sand and put it under local control.

Top Bottom