Walz is a Fraud on Covid LockDown

tikited

Me
Reaction score
I could buy this if the choice was between no restrictions on restaurants at all and just making them switch to take-out only at 10pm.

But they are limiting seating capacity, the whole day, regardless. So that is doing something, already.

Why are you convinced that the data is not available? I have no idea if it is.

Also, while it would be tough to defend, they may have reasons for wanting to withhold data. Perhaps because it might still be easy to infer things about specific patients?
I'm sure people would feel a lot better about the decision if he didn't say there was data and then not show any data. Just say it is common sense and we are going with that. Why claim things that won't be backed up? Just a weird way of going about it.

balds

Reaction score
I could buy this if the choice was between no restrictions on restaurants at all and just making them switch to take-out only at 10pm.

But they are limiting seating capacity, the whole day, regardless. So that is doing something, already.

Why are you convinced that the data is not available? I have no idea if it is.

Also, while it would be tough to defend, they may have reasons for wanting to withhold data. Perhaps because it might still be easy to infer things about specific patients?
If they have data showing the danger level of various businesses, wouldn't that be something the public should know?

I think they have data. I have major misgivings about the accuracy/honesty of it though. For instance, when they contact trace, they ask if a person has been to a restaurant, but don't ask if they've been to retailers.

Triple D

Reaction score
I did. My answer was, that there wouldn't be anything. Hence it wouldn't make sense to do that.

Do you disagree? If so, why?
I disagree because they have never showed an ounce of evidence that closing bars at 10 PM instead of 1 AM decreases cases......... you only have to look to Wisconsin to prove that this isn't true, as their case levels are pretty comparable to ours and their bars and restaurants are open.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I disagree because they have never showed an ounce of evidence that closing bars at 10 PM instead of 1 AM decreases cases......... you only have to look to Wisconsin to prove that this isn't true, as their case levels are pretty comparable to ours and their bars and restaurants are open.
Wisconsin's deaths/1M is 12.8% below Minnesota's.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
As I understand it, the 10pm cutoff is based on info gleaned from contact tracing. And that info indicated that people were more likely to be exposed the later they were out.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
Latest update, Walz is still in over his head.

Looks like he stuck it out instead of taking his ball and going home like a child. So many politicians leading like children is exactly why we are in the situations we’re in.

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score

Looks like he stuck it out instead of taking his ball and going home like a child. So many politicians leading like children is exactly why we are in the situations we’re in.
Not enough OUTRAGE!

Wally

Reaction score
Why would Walz give up power now Wally? What’s changed in the last 4 weeks?
Vaccine is rolling out and MN numbers are looking pretty good.

Most everything is back open, what are you going to cry about now?

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
By mid-afternoon, Lola’s had already booked 95 reservations for a Monday night in January. Berger said that is unheard of under normal circumstances and shows the pent up demand Minnesotans have to get back out to share a meal or a drink.

But it's the virus shutting down businesses, not the government...

BarnBurner

Reaction score

You call no bar and 50% back open?

wallace. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Spoofin

Reaction score

I'm guessing these business owners and employees might "cry about" their lost income, increased debt, and uncertain future..... but hey, everything is back open now so stop complaining. The poster who brags about his wealth and having his kids in private school doesn't want to hear these babies.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score

He’s a politician through and through, playing to his base. Can’t have it both ways. This, for example, is hard to understand:

Wally

Reaction score
I'm guessing these business owners and employees might "cry about" their lost income, increased debt, and uncertain future..... but hey, everything is back open now so stop complaining. The poster who brags about his wealth and having his kids in private school doesn't want to hear these babies.
Im talking here, I don't hear anyone telling their personal stories. I want them bailed out and will pay higher taxes to pay for it. Id say thays more useful than screaming freedom....

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
FWIW - the MN State Legislature authorized additional funding for economic relief grants.

This is to help local businesses and non-profit organizations that were impacted by covid-19.

Local County Boards are taking applications and providing grants. Amounts based on need and number of applications. Businesses and non-profits that have not received previous grants will be eligible to receive higher amounts. if you've already received a grant, you get a lower amount for the 2nd go-round.

Top Bottom