Walz is a Fraud on Covid LockDown

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
this should be fun:
(if all religious gatherings had beer and hot women, there would be a lot more guys attending religious gatherings....)

Attorney General Keith Ellison's office on Wednesday filed another lawsuit against a Minnesota business it says is defying Gov. Tim Walz's order to stay closed in hopes of slowing the spread of COVID-19.

This time, the allegation is that the Carlson Event Center & Country Chapel in Winnebago is unabashedly planning a New Year's Eve bash.

Problem is, owner Garth Carlson said, Ellison's got it all wrong.

"He doesn't know what he's talking about," Carlson said. "It's not a party. It's not a bash. It's a religious gathering."

When asked if there was an event planned for New Year's Eve, Carlson said it is going to be a religious gathering with items for sale. He didn't deny that there was an advertisement for the event. Rather, he said, the event was "misworded" in the advertisement.

Ellison's office included what it said was an advertisement for the event in the complaint it filed Wednesday in Faribault County District Court. It makes no mention of a religious service or gathering.

It does, however, refer to it as a "New Year's Eve Bash." It also displays a picture of a five-man band wearing leather coats and cowboy hats, as well as illustrations of a bucket of beer on ice with the letters "b.y.o.b." beneath it and photo illustrations of a couple of women in tightfitting clothing.

At the top of the ad are the words "all ages welcome," along with the cost to attend: $25.

balds

Reaction score
That's a long list of people who you think should be blaming Walz for everything. This is the type of dotard list that I've grown to expect from the wacky righties.
Simply pointing out those who might disagree that Noem is a failure and Walz isn't. Or that might disagree with your notion of Walz making a fool out of her.

howeda7

Reaction score
this should be fun:
(if all religious gatherings had beer and hot women, there would be a lot more guys attending religious gatherings....)

Attorney General Keith Ellison's office on Wednesday filed another lawsuit against a Minnesota business it says is defying Gov. Tim Walz's order to stay closed in hopes of slowing the spread of COVID-19.

This time, the allegation is that the Carlson Event Center & Country Chapel in Winnebago is unabashedly planning a New Year's Eve bash.

Problem is, owner Garth Carlson said, Ellison's got it all wrong.

"He doesn't know what he's talking about," Carlson said. "It's not a party. It's not a bash. It's a religious gathering."

When asked if there was an event planned for New Year's Eve, Carlson said it is going to be a religious gathering with items for sale. He didn't deny that there was an advertisement for the event. Rather, he said, the event was "misworded" in the advertisement.

Ellison's office included what it said was an advertisement for the event in the complaint it filed Wednesday in Faribault County District Court. It makes no mention of a religious service or gathering.

It does, however, refer to it as a "New Year's Eve Bash." It also displays a picture of a five-man band wearing leather coats and cowboy hats, as well as illustrations of a bucket of beer on ice with the letters "b.y.o.b." beneath it and photo illustrations of a couple of women in tightfitting clothing.

At the top of the ad are the words "all ages welcome," along with the cost to attend: $25.
Simple solution: Remove all religious exemptions. Tax churches like the businesses they are. Everyone is equal!

stocker08

Reaction score
Simply pointing out those who might disagree that Noem is a failure and Walz isn't. Or that might disagree with your notion of Walz making a fool out of her.
Maybe you didn't see the thread that you are posting in. The thread where the righties are freaking out over Walz. I love the fact that many were praising Noem's handling earlier on....before the obvious happened and SD ending up getting smacked because of the poor handling of the situation.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Simple solution: Remove all religious exemptions. Tax churches like the businesses they are. Everyone is equal!
Would that include colleges and universities too. I would like to see the real estate taxes the university of Minnesota would owe.

Wally

Reaction score
No way, my kids Catholic school would double in price!
😎😎😆😆🤣🤣

Joel Osteen already pays to much tax...
😏😏😏😏

Wally

Reaction score
Would that include colleges and universities too. I would like to see the real estate taxes the university of Minnesota would owe.
That would definitely drive some efficiency and sports ticket prices would probably have to double or more.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Last time I checked, the university of Minnesota wasn't a religious organization.
Yes indeed, last time any sane person checked, a public school isn't a private, religious school.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
You're clearly not smart enough to recognize what he was obviously saying.
He wants to churches to pay both real estate taxes and corporate taxes because some stupid place in Faribault county is throwing a New Year’s Eve party and calling it a religious celebration. Therefore he wants religious organizations to lose their tax exempt status.

it stupid for this place to throw a New Year’s Eve party. It’s also stupid to call it a regroups service. You also just agree you can’t keep telling people to not do anything month after month after month all while the rules and regulations are changed. People are tired of it especially when you see countless news stories about a political figure saying not to leave your house meanwhile they are flying to Hawaii for some BS conference. Or flying to Louisiana to see their family.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
He wants to churches to pay both real estate taxes and corporate taxes because some stupid place in Faribault county is throwing a New Year’s Eve party and calling it a religious celebration.
What does that have to do with you falsely suggesting UMN should have to pay tax, if churches do??? The two have nothing to do with one another. That is all I was pointing out. I don't care about the argument it stemmed from.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
What does that have to do with you falsely suggesting UMN should have to pay tax, if churches do??? The two have nothing to do with one another. That is all I was pointing out. I don't care about the argument it stemmed from.
He said everyone should be treated equal so if you are going to remove a church’s non profit status I would argue that all nonprofit status’s should be removed no matter who or what they do.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
He said everyone should be treated equal so if you are going to remove a church’s non profit status I would argue that all nonprofit status’s should be removed no matter who or what they do.
I don't care about that.

The UMN will never have it's tax exempt status removed under the same act that would try to remove tax exemptions for religious institutions.

That's that. Moving on ...

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Now, Costco is a religion that I can get behind. :)

Takeeeeeeee meeeeee to church ... I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Haha, this is no surprise from asst. coach Walzy

1609435079186.png

howeda7

Reaction score
You said everyone is equal.
Yes, no religious or other exemptions for any private business. Government taxing itself is another matter. But if you want the county to bill itself for property taxes along with every other government entity, go for it!

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Yes, no religious or other exemptions for any private business. Government taxing itself is another matter. But if you want the county to bill itself for property taxes along with every other government entity, go for it!
The university is a quasi state run organization last I checked you pay real estate taxes to counties and municipalities, not to the state. Imagine what Hennepin Country could do with all the real estate revenue from all the various colleges and universities located inside its boarders.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Imagine what Hennepin County could do with taxes for the state, and federal(!), buildings within its borders.

Well, I imagined it. Neat.

It's not a thing, so then I moved on.

Wally

Reaction score
Imagine what Hennepin County could do with taxes for the state, and federal(!), buildings within its borders.

Well, I imagined it. Neat.

It's not a thing, so then I moved on.
Feds should have to pay property taxes, it's not like they can't afford it. As should the state, at least the local portion.

howeda7

Reaction score
Feds should have to pay property taxes, it's not like they can't afford it. As should the state, at least the local portion.
Government entities taxing each other is a terrible idea. Spending huge $$ on administration to move $ from one pocket to the other.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
According to press reports, Walz will have a press conference on Wednesday where he will announce new guidance on bars and restaurants. Sounds like indoor service will be allowed to resume. Question is at what level - 25%? 50%?

I am also hoping he will say something about whether fans will be allowed at HS sporting events this winter. that will have an impact on whether there might be State Tournaments and where they might be held.

Wally

Reaction score
Government entities taxing each other is a terrible idea. Spending huge $$ on administration to move $ from one pocket to the other.
No it isn't, they use the roads, police ect. Having a bunch of untaxed property that requires services is unfair to those paying for said services. That seems like common sense to me. How hard is it, maybe they should get free electricity, internet and water to.....

That argument is rediculous. They already pay all sorts of bills, one more is insignificant.

balds

Reaction score
According to press reports, Walz will have a press conference on Wednesday where he will announce new guidance on bars and restaurants. Sounds like indoor service will be allowed to resume. Question is at what level - 25%? 50%?

I am also hoping he will say something about whether fans will be allowed at HS sporting events this winter. that will have an impact on whether there might be State Tournaments and where they might be held.
I'm hoping against hope that he will change course on the mandatory masks for youth sports. First day was back was yesterday and on day one a 9th grade Girls basketball player from Battle Lake collapsed and was taken to the hospital via ambulance. Also heard many reports of youth hockey players vomiting, feeling light headed, dizzy etc.

Blizzard

Reaction score
I'm hoping against hope that he will change course on the mandatory masks for youth sports. First day was back was yesterday and on day one a 9th grade Girls basketball player from Battle Lake collapsed and was taken to the hospital via ambulance. Also heard many reports of youth hockey players vomiting, feeling light headed, dizzy etc.
I'm not surprised but I doubt he would change his mind.

Wally

Reaction score
I agree, its going to suck ass playing hockey with a mask. I am going to have to buy a few of those expensive sports masks.

Top Bottom