VP Biden’s quid pro quo threat to Ukraine...

Section2

Reaction score
Good. You are making a prediction that Barr will find nothing. Excellent, I am glad you finally have the guts to weigh in and say something, rather than just criticize someone else's position. I have you down for being fully in the jtf, howie, cruze camp.
Jake is in a league of his own.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Trying to smear a reporter who's exposing high level corruption is not surprising. Also not surprising, is no actually challenging the facts within Solomon's reporting.

bga1

Reaction score
Trying to smear a reporter who's exposing high level corruption is not surprising. Also not surprising, is no actually challenging the facts within Solomon's reporting.
We are told by our media that we must believe what Lutsenko is saying NOW, not what he was saying a month or so ago. Based on the current record of the media for honesty, and on Solomon's record for diligence, I think I am going to go with him and what Lutsenko was saying, versus what he is now saying. My guess is that Solomon has a lot more sourcing on this than just Lutsenko

justthefacts

Reaction score
We are told by our media that we must believe what Lutsenko is saying NOW, not what he was saying a month or so ago. Based on the current record of the media for honesty, and on Solomon's record for diligence, I think I am going to go with him and what Lutsenko was saying, versus what he is now saying. My guess is that Solomon has a lot more sourcing on this than just Lutsenko
Solomon's record for diligence was so solid that his publication pushed him to the opinion page.

bga1

Reaction score
Solomon's record for diligence was so solid that his publication pushed him to the opinion page.
Mostly liberal publication. They didn't like what he was saying, sort of like you, so they tried to marginalize the message by calling it opinion. He was probably the most fact based guy they had going. justthefactsthatfitthenarrative

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
The plot thickens:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/brea...min-to-end-corruption-allegations-report-says

BREAKING: Hunter Biden’s Ukraine Gas Firm Urged Obama Admin To End Corruption Allegations, Report Says

A new report released on Monday night alleges that the Ukrainian gas company, Burisma, that employed Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, pressed the Obama administration to end the corruption allegations against them during the 2016 election year.

In February 2016, a representative from Burisma sought to meet with Undersecretary of State Catherine A. Novelli to discuss the allegations of corruption that the U.S. government was making toward the company, according to memos obtained by award-winning investigative John Solomon.

“Just three weeks before Burisma’s overture to State, Ukrainian authorities raided the home of the oligarch who owned the gas firm and employed Hunter Biden, a signal the long-running corruption probe was escalating in the middle of the U.S. presidential election,” Solomon wrote. “Hunter Biden’s name, in fact, was specifically invoked by the Burisma representative as a reason the State Department should help, according to a series of email exchanges among U.S. officials trying to arrange the meeting.”

A February 24, 2016, email between State Department officials stated:

Per our conversation, Karen Tramontano of Blue Star Strategies requested a meeting to discuss with U/S Novelli USG remarks alleging Burisma (Ukrainian energy company) of corruption. She noted that two high profile U.S. citizens are affiliated with the company (including Hunter Biden as a board member). Tramontano would like to talk with U/S Novelli about getting a better understanding of how the U.S. came to the determination that the company is corrupt. According to Tramontano there is no evidence of corruption, has been no hearing or process, and evidence to the contrary has not been considered. Would appreciate any background you may be able to provide on this issue and suggested TPs for U/S Novelli’s meeting.
“Tramontano was a lawyer working for Blue Star Strategies, a Washington firm that was hired by Burisma to help end a long-running corruption investigation against the gas firm in Ukraine,” Solomon added. “Tramontano and another Blue Star official, Sally Painter, both alumni of Bill Clinton’s administration, worked with New York-based criminal defense attorney John Buretta to settle the Ukraine cases in late 2016 and 2017.”

Solomon notes that a meeting was scheduled for March 1, 2016, between Tramontano and Novelli, although it was not known whether or not the meeting actually occurred.

However, a meeting was reportedly secured between Hunter Biden’s business partner and fellow Burisma board member, Devon Archer, and Secretary of State John Kerry.

This entire ordeal surrounding the actions of former Vice President Biden and his son have cast a cloud over the Biden campaign that has undoubtedly at least partially contributed to his fall in the polls against his Democratic rivals.

Last year, Biden bragged to an audience about how he threatened Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko in March 2016 that if he did not fire the prosecutor that was investigating Burisma that he would withhold $1 billion in U.S. aid from the country.

“I said, ‘You’re not getting the billion.’ I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: ‘I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money,’” Biden told the audience. “Well, son of a bitch, he got fired.”

President Donald Trump and his campaign have hammered Biden over his remarks, which were recorded on video, in advertisements on social media and in targeted markets.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
My guess is that Volker is wrong on this. However, if you would like to stipulate that going forward Volker can never be wrong- then let's go with that. :) He says no quid pro quo and nothing wrong with what Trump did. Do you agree with that also?
There's no doubt US Foreign Policy at the time was to squash any investigation of corruption by Burisma. They accused the guy investigating the corruption, of being corrupt. Joe Biden was the point man for Ukraine. It was his policy. I think Volker's spot on about that. That said, this is the purpose of selectively releasing pieces of these transcripts. To frame the narrative away from the biggest scandal in United States history that implicates all of the Democrats involved.

justthefacts

Reaction score
The Democrats already leaked out that part of the testimony the day Volker testified. Old news.

And just b/c Volker thinks highly of Biden doesn’t mean he knows what went on.
Maybe Rudy can testify to the House on what he knows.

justthefacts

Reaction score
There's no doubt US Foreign Policy at the time was to squash any investigation of corruption by Burisma. They accused the guy investigating the corruption, of being corrupt. Joe Biden was the point man for Ukraine. It was his policy. I think Volker's spot on about that. That said, this is the purpose of selectively releasing pieces of these transcripts. To frame the narrative away from the biggest scandal in United States history that implicates all of the Democrats involved.
The entire transcript is here:

https://docs.house.gov/meetings/IG/IG00/CPRT-116-IG00-D007.pdf

Also, you seem to be ignoring a key part of the testimony, so I've highlighted it for your benefit.

bga1

Reaction score

justthefacts

Reaction score
That's meaningless. How would they know if Shokin was doing his job as a prosecutor? Second hand info from Obama, Biden, Hillary & Kerry?
Are you somehow under the impression that European countries and the EU itself don't have their own relations with Ukraine? That they just have the US do that for them? There's a boatload of contemporary statements from European diplomats assigned to Ukraine that Shokin was dirty, even before he was ousted.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/wor...-ukraine-s-prosecutor-viktor-shokin-1.2591190

https://euobserver.com/foreign/130123

From the European Council on Foreign Relations:
https://www.ecfr.eu/publications/su..._europe_is_supporting_ukraines_transformation

https://www.ft.com/content/e1454ace-e61b-11e9-9743-db5a370481bc

https://www.ft.com/content/44c1641e-cff7-11e5-831d-09f7778e7377

https://carnegieeurope.eu/2016/04/18/fighting-culture-of-corruption-in-ukraine-pub-63364

https://foreignpolicy.com/2015/08/25/money-still-rules-ukraine-poroshenko-corruption/

Last edited:

justthefacts

Reaction score
BTW, here was what Ron Johnson (R-WI) and Rob Portman (R-OH) said about Shokin's office in 2016, 46 days before he was fired.

https://www.portman.senate.gov/news...enate-ukraine-caucus-reaffirm-commitment-help

So on one hand we have 2 Republican US Senators, the Trump-appointed envoy to Ukraine, multiple European diplomats, and multiple European analysts.

On the other hand we have Giuliani and Solomon, who have both been working with a couple of guys indicted for their work on behalf of a Ukrainian oligarch with ties to the Russian mob.

bga1

Reaction score
BTW, here was what Ron Johnson (R-WI) and Rob Portman (R-OH) said about Shokin's office in 2016, 46 days before he was fired.

https://www.portman.senate.gov/news...enate-ukraine-caucus-reaffirm-commitment-help

So on one hand we have 2 Republican US Senators, the Trump-appointed envoy to Ukraine, multiple European diplomats, and multiple European analysts.

On the other hand we have Giuliani and Solomon, who have both been working with a couple of guys indicted for their work on behalf of a Ukrainian oligarch with ties to the Russian mob.
Giuliani cleaned up New York City including the mob. I am going with him. Thanks for trying. Good to see that you have become a Ron Johnson, Rob Portman guy.

howeda7

Reaction score
Giuliani cleaned up New York City including the mob. I am going with him. Thanks for trying. Good to see that you have become a Ron Johnson, Rob Portman guy.
Embrace Rudy tightly. He is your beacon of truth. As Rudy goes, go you, Don and the Republican party. Deal?

Deleted_User

Reaction score
Easy, big fella

That's meaningless. How would they know if Shokin was doing his job as a prosecutor? Second hand info from Obama, Biden, Hillary & Kerry?
Exciting news everybody! Costa remains a Trump supporter lap dog. Fetch! Roll over! Play dead.

Goodboy!

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Does ANYBODY seriously believe Joe Biden when he says he didn’t know Hunter was on the Board of Burisma?

Anybody?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Meh.

I’m not sure Biden’s team really believes he’s gonna make it ...

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
All the foot pounding and misdirection in the world isn't going to stop Durham and Barr from getting to the bottom of what happened in Ukraine with DNC election meddling, foreign collusion, high level political corruption involving (at least) Biden, Kerry, Romney and a host of NSC/CIA agents. It's a criminal investigation now. This is happening.

bga1

Reaction score
Embrace Rudy tightly. He is your beacon of truth. As Rudy goes, go you, Don and the Republican party. Deal?
I think justice will end up winning out, despite the fact that you hope it won't. I hope that all of those who illegally went after Trump are caught and duly punished. If Rudy did something wrong, which I doubt, then he too is not above the law.

Rudy understands the law and he understands that every step that anyone who works for Trump is and was being scrutinized. I think he knows better than to have done anything corrupt. May the truth win out.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
I think justice will end up winning out, despite the fact that you hope it won't. I hope that all of those who illegally went after Trump are caught and duly punished. If Rudy did something wrong, which I doubt, then he too is not above the law.

Rudy understands the law and he understands that every step that anyone who works for Trump is and was being scrutinized. I think he knows better than to have done anything corrupt. May the truth win out.
By all means, let's get Rudy, Joe, Hunter, Marie Y, Eric C, et al on the stand. Let's make it public & bi-partisan.

Deleted_User

Reaction score
By all means, let's get Rudy, Joe, Hunter, Marie Y, Eric C, et al on the stand. Let's make it public & bi-partisan.
They will have their day in court. Rudy for violating the Logan Act. Joe has nothing that he has done that is illegal. Hunter simply made money. Marie Y has already been on the stand. Eric C has nothing to add to this whole mess.

Top Bottom