Voter Suppression efforts in full swing

howeda7

Reaction score
😂🤣😂🤣

God you are pathetic.

Rural voters have a much longer trip to vote in-person than urban voters. Urban voters have access to mass transit, unlike rural voters. Rural, less populated voters will likely be limited to few, likely one drop box in their county.

You can’t be that dumb howie.
They do? Based on what? I've lived in multiple very rural counties. In no case was the polling place more than a 5 minute drive away. And of course the line was never more than 5 minutes long with one exception (Yes we can! sure brought people out.)

No access to mass transit? Really? That's what you're going with and then calling me stupid? That's Fool2 level absurdity right there.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
I seen pictures of voting by Norman Rockwell so I know what rural voting looks like.
BFF435C0-9DAB-4017-9953-F22B3E68737B.jpeg

stocker08

Reaction score
Not one of the things listed above has any racial discrimination in it. They only improve the integrity of ballots cast and make cheating harder.

Georgia now has 21 days of early voting, which is a greater number of days than many Democrat run states. Drop boxes were not codified and standardized in the past election laws for Georgia, violating the equal protections for voters in the state. Now they are.

You know what else was around in past elections? Over 200+ more voting places than in 2012....right before the right burned the VRA in order to close a bunch.

Five hour waiting lines in minority districts? Old white man party says "good".

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
New York elections are a terrible mess and need to be fixed. They have generally little impact on national affairs because their races are not close. But they did have a couple House races that took weeks to call. Hell, they just released revised election results today.

I'm glad you're concerned and will support passage of HR1 for the sake of New York voters.
Why would I want a fucked up Democrat federal election law b/c of a fucked up Democrat election run state?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
They do? Based on what? I've lived in multiple very rural counties. In no case was the polling place more than a 5 minute drive away. And of course the line was never more than 5 minutes long with one exception (Yes we can! sure brought people out.)

No access to mass transit? Really? That's what you're going with and then calling me stupid? That's Fool2 level absurdity right there.
5 minutes? BS. You think b/c YOU lived 5 minutes from a polling place in a “rural“ area that everyone of them do? Great logic. 😳

You think the metro bus stops at farms?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
You know what else was around in past elections? Over 200+ more voting places than in 2012....right before the right burned the VRA in order to close a bunch.

Five hour waiting lines in minority districts? Old white man party says "good".
Again, the polling places are controlled by the local voting districts. Polling places in Fulton County GA are controlled by Fulton County Election offices. They determine how many polling places they open. Period.

Section2

Reaction score
Of course not. And look at S2 pretzel with a bunch of ridiculous, insane gibberish trying desperately to excuse this. These folks would do anything to win, cheat any way they can get away with, and they don't even try to hide it anymore.
Why does the state of New York have only 9 days of early voting, be 17 with the Georgia law? Why does NY have excuse only absentee voting? Why is it illegal to offer food or water to people in line in New York? You’ve all been conned by propaganda.

Section2

Reaction score
New York elections are a terrible mess and need to be fixed. They have generally little impact on national affairs because their races are not close. But they did have a couple House races that took weeks to call. Hell, they just released revised election results today.

I'm glad you're concerned and will support passage of HR1 for the sake of New York voters.
Any new restrictions are racist Jim Crow. Existing policies in blue states don’t matter if the race isn’t close. Awesome argument

Section2

Reaction score
Leftist can’t even agree what their fake narrative is suppose to be about ⬇️
Where is Howies proof that blacks vote more on Sunday? Southern blacks are just as church going as southern whites from what I know. Where is the evidence?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Where is Howies proof that blacks vote more on Sunday? Southern blacks are just as church going as southern whites from what I know. Where is the evidence?
howie doesn’t need evidence. He just knows.

Just like b/c howie lived in a rural area and was only 5 minutes from a polling place, everyone in rural America is only 5 minutes from a polling place.

howie logic!!!

stocker08

Reaction score
Again, the polling places are controlled by the local voting districts. Polling places in Fulton County GA are controlled by Fulton County Election offices. They determine how many polling places they open. Period.

Funding comes from the state level. Overturning the Voting Rights Act in 2013 allowed the right to shut down over 200 polling places.

Again....five hour long wait lines are now common in heavily minority places in Georgia. The old white man party response is "GOOD! Let's make sure all the minorities have to wait in lines that long in order to vote."

Disgusting, unpatriotic stuff from the party of traitors.

cncmin

Reaction score
Why does the state of New York have only 9 days of early voting, be 17 with the Georgia law? Why does NY have excuse only absentee voting? Why is it illegal to offer food or water to people in line in New York? You’ve all been conned by propaganda.
So you believe that NY has rules that are unfair to....rural whites? Is that what you are going with? Which ones?

Again, why do you pick only very distinct points, compare them to only one state, and then claim some sort of "victory" while you ignore all of the major points normal people consider to be "cheating", such as gerrymandering and other blatant tactics expressed throughout this thread and elsewhere?

Why do you ignore that the slate of Republican legislation to change voting and make it more difficult, in general, is justified by the Big Lie that the 2020 elections were tainted, as the Republican legislators and governors claim publicly?

Which part of 2020 voting was tainted, exactly? Can you point out even one error that was made in 2020 voting that favored Democrats unfairly, and which would justify any changes to what was - except for Biden/Trump - a very successful election for the QOP?

Last edited:

Section2

Reaction score
Ask a very simple question: Would any of these laws be getting pushed if Trump had just been re-elected in a landslide? Of course not.
Yes. Voter id laws have been pushed for years and pre Trump. And obviously a ton of these laws are happening to keep up with the huge changes in voting that just happened with the pandemic.

Section2

Reaction score
So you believe that NY has rules that are unfair to....rural whites? Is that what you are going with? Which ones?

Again, why do you pick only very distinct points, compare them to only one state, and then claim some sort of "victory" while you ignore all of the major points normal people consider to be "cheating", such as gerrymandering and other blatant tactics expressed throughout this thread and elsewhere?

Why do you ignore that the slate of Republican legislation to change voting and make it more difficult, in general, is justified by the Big Lie that the 2020 elections were tainted, as the Republican legislators and governors claim publicly?

Which part of 2020 voting was tainted, exactly? Can you point out even one error that was made in 2020 voting that favored Democrats unfairly, and which would justify any changes to what was - except for Biden/Trump - a very successful election for the QOP?
I didn’t say NY laws were unfair to anyone. I’m asking why national people consider the more lax voting laws in Georgia are racist Jim Crow, and the more strict NY laws get a pass. You are looking at Georgia laws out of context, and in many cases hearing outright falsehoods about their laws and declaring them racist. Well, you really aren’t, that’s what CNN is pushing and you’re buying without thinking.

“Make it more difficult to vote” is what you guys say over and over. 100 polling places to 99. More difficult to vote. 100 drop boxes to 99. More difficult. 18 days of early voting to 17. More difficult. It’s all suppression. These aren’t serious discussions.

i haven’t seen sufficient proof of vote fraud on a scale to tip and election. But I think our voting system is ridiculously lax. And both sides claim that elections have been stolen. I am more than fine with states installing reasonable safeguards. This is nowhere near as big of a deal as you’re making it out to be. You are believing a big lie.

Dunceswithwolves

Reaction score
These United States has a long history of blindness to white supremacy. Every version of discrimination with all the same arguments we see here. As you can read in the book Caste, even the German Nazi's thought American racists went too far. Poll taxes, grandfather clauses were all defended as the same rules for everybody.

When grandfather clauses were declared unconstitutional --

"The Oklahoma Legislature met in special session to grandfather in the grandfather clause. The new law said those who had been registered in 1914 — whites under the old system — were automatically registered to vote, while African-Americans could only register between April 30 and May 11, 1916, or forever be disenfranchised.

I'm sure those advocating for this re-grandfathering were saying things like -- the real racists don't believe blacks are smart enough to register in 9 days.

Oh -- and long(er) lines for Blacks. That's not new. That goes back.

"In Tulsa County, the Tulsa World reported that 123 black voters were kept from voting when the Democratic election inspector made a few of them write page after page of the state constitution while others waited in line until the polls closed."

howeda7

Reaction score
5 minutes? BS. You think b/c YOU lived 5 minutes from a polling place in a “rural“ area that everyone of them do? Great logic. 😳

You think the metro bus stops at farms?
You think rural counties only have one polling place?

I would wager no one in the county I grew up lived more than 10 minutes from their polling place.

And your "no mass transit" argument is absurd. No one who lives in rural areas depends on mass transit to get around. And you Fellas bi%$ch and moan about funding it all the time. Now it's an excuse why voting is hard in rural areas? Pathetic, even for you.

howeda7

Reaction score
"The Oklahoma Legislature met in special session to grandfather in the grandfather clause. The new law said those who had been registered in 1914 — whites under the old system — were automatically registered to vote, while African-Americans could only register between April 30 and May 11, 1916, or forever be disenfranchised.

I'm sure those advocating for this re-grandfathering were saying things like -- the real racists don't believe blacks are smart enough to register in 9 days.
We know that's exactly what KGF and the Fellas would be saying.

Ski U Mah Gopher

Member of the Tribe
Reaction score
But, if Fulton County angers the GOP legislature by opening too many precincts, they can take over the Election office.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
But, if Fulton County angers the GOP legislature by opening too many precincts, they can take over the Election office.
Love those hypotheticals. Nope, the GOP doesn’t own the media. It would be “voting crisis” if a Republican legislature tried to do that.

The new legislation reduces the hypothetical political motivated takeovers of elections, not increase them. That’s what really bothers Democrats.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
You think rural counties only have one polling place?

I would wager no one in the county I grew up lived more than 10 minutes from their polling place.

And your "no mass transit" argument is absurd. No one who lives in rural areas depends on mass transit to get around. And you Fellas bi%$ch and moan about funding it all the time. Now it's an excuse why voting is hard in rural areas? Pathetic, even for you.
Liar.

I’m not the one claiming voting is hard. You are. I didn’t say it was hard to vote in rural areas. You said it’s hard for metro people to vote. I just said that rural voters have hardships that urban voters don’t. Your response: they “don’t depend on mass transit”.

So Georgia voters only have about 20 days to vote early, absentee, and various options for doing so, most within walking distance or at least a short transit trip, and you think it’s Jim Crow to impose this on them?

You’ve been claiming for years that asking for a voter ID is just too difficult. Georgia is providing IDs for free for those that don’t have driver’s licenses.

The Washington Post is saying the Democrats are lying about this. The Washington Post.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
You don't really believe these lies you tell.
Just keep lying. Maybe you can convince yourself.

If you standardize election laws for the state, it prevents rogue counties from using ridiculously unnecessary and unethical schemes that disenfranchise other state voters.

The standardization is completely non-racial and non-partisan. You have to invent reasons, or in most cases can’t, why this is “Jim Crow on steroids”, so you just whine about it incoherently.

stocker08

Reaction score

Wrong. Polling places are limited by the amount of money set aside for the counties. Before the VRA was repealed by the repubs....there were over 200 more polling places in Georgia. Now...places like Fulton where there is a much larger black population....have five hours waiting times.

How does the right want to double down on making minorities wait longer to vote? Make it more difficult to vote by mail. How do they want to punish minorities for waiting in the long lines that they have created? No water.

Sick stuff from the party of the old white men. Good thing people and companies are taking notice of the bigot acts of the right.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Wrong. Polling places are limited by the amount of money set aside for the counties. Before the VRA was repealed by the repubs....there were over 200 more polling places in Georgia. Now...places like Fulton where there is a much larger black population....have five hours waiting times.

How does the right want to double down on making minorities wait longer to vote? Make it more difficult to vote by mail. How do they want to punish minorities for waiting in the long lines that they have created? No water.

Sick stuff from the party of the old white men. Good thing people and companies are taking notice of the bigot acts of the right.
You heard about the pandemic, right?

What Republican repeal of the VRA are you talking about?

And stop lying about what the Georgia law does. It actually expands days, hours, and allows for water/food, just not inducements by activists while near the polls.

howeda7

Reaction score
You heard about the pandemic, right?

What Republican repeal of the VRA are you talking about?

And stop lying about what the Georgia law does. It actually expands days, hours, and allows for water/food, just not inducements by activists while near the polls.
The Republicans didn't directly throw out the VRA, their appointed SCOTUS justices did. And then Republican legislatures throughout the South rushed to close polling places in minority areas and on college campuses as fast as they could. You ignore this, because you can't defend the open racism behind it.

They added a couple early voting days to give you a talking point to ignore all the other terrible crap in the bill.

Last edited:

howeda7

Reaction score
Liar.

I’m not the one claiming voting is hard. You are. I didn’t say it was hard to vote in rural areas. You said it’s hard for metro people to vote. I just said that rural voters have hardships that urban voters don’t. Your response: they “don’t depend on mass transit”.

So Georgia voters only have about 20 days to vote early, absentee, and various options for doing so, most within walking distance or at least a short transit trip, and you think it’s Jim Crow to impose this on them?

You’ve been claiming for years that asking for a voter ID is just too difficult. Georgia is providing IDs for free for those that don’t have driver’s licenses.

The Washington Post is saying the Democrats are lying about this. The Washington Post.
Reasonable voter ID laws are fine. Most of these states have strict voter ID laws meant to disenfranchise just enough people. Like demanding your original birth certificate to get an ID, no copies allowed. If there is a misspelling or apostrophe in the wrong place, no vote for you until you revise your birth certificate. Allowing gun permits but not college ID's etc.

The vast majority of rural and suburban voters have never stood in a line longer than 60 minutes to vote. A large chunk of urban voters have. Especially in the south. This is not an accident. It's intentional. And GA is doing all they can to make sure it continues.

The 2020 election in GA went fine. It underwent huge scrutiny and a re-count. Almost no issues. Why are these changes needed? They're not. GA QOP'ers know it. You know it. Everyone knows it.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Reasonable voter ID laws are fine. Most of these states have strict voter ID laws meant to disenfranchise just enough people.
Would you just stop being a moron for once. Really. This is the only thing you see? Just listen to yourself for a few minutes

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
The Republicans didn't directly throw out the VRA, their appointed SCOTUS justices did. And then Republican legislatures throughout the South rushed to close polling places in minority areas and on college campuses as fast as they could. You ignore this, because you can't defend the open racism behind it.

They added a couple early voting days to give you a talking point to ignore all the other terrible crap in the bill.
You just spent 3 months telling us that COURTS said Joe Biden won and to get over it, and NOW you complain about a fairly balanced US Supreme Court decision?

Top Bottom