Voter Suppression efforts in full swing

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Exactly. There should be ZERO long lines anywhere.
You're right. There shouldn't. If you're in a long line waiting to vote, by that point you have failed to avail yourself of a number of different options to vote by that time. I mean really, this shit happens every 4 years, you can't get it together to figure out what your plan is by then?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
You think black people are so easily swayed they will go stand in line for 5 hours to cast a vote they don't care about for a slice of pizza? Wow. Speaks volumes.
I guess you missed this big portion of what I said the motivation was. Let me quote myself:

“It’s not about pizza....Do you think they don’t talk while handing out pizza? Should the law be that they can’t talk while handing out pizza? This is an opportunity to persuade people in the final moments of their decision and BVM and others will try to do it.”

Speaks volumes about you that you edit entire segments of my comments and pretend I said something else.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I guess you missed this big portion of what I said the motivation was. Let me quote myself:

“It’s not about pizza....Do you think they don’t talk while handing out pizza? Should the law be that they can’t talk while handing out pizza? This is an opportunity to persuade people in the final moments of their decision and BVM and others will try to do it.”

Speaks volumes about you that you edit entire segments of my comments and pretend I said something else.
If you haven’t noticed, Howie is dishonest. It’s kinda his thing.

howeda7

Reaction score

I didn't miss anything. You think black voters will go stand in line for hours and vote in an election they don't care about because BLM will give them pizza. That's what you said.

Send your NRA or QANON buddies to Fulton County and hand out pizza and "sway" voters if you're so worried. Georgia had elections for decades with the existing laws, why is this suddenly a problem?

What is the QOP plan to address the real issue and reduce the lines?

Spoofin

Reaction score
In this thread I have learned that it is racist to think minorities are just as capable of registering to vote, obtaining an id, and feeding themselves before going to vote.

Ski U Mah Gopher

Member of the Tribe
Reaction score
IMO, the voting stuff (drop boxes inside buildings, cutting off one Sunday of early voting, etc.) was misdirection.

The real aim of the bill was to cut off Democratic counties' election boards, by allowing the GOP controlled legislature to replace them.

golf

Reaction score
The vast majority of other countries require an id to vote. WaPo poll in 2012 revealed 74% of americans think id should be required. Rasmussen poll in 2021 reveals 75% of americans think id should be required.

Yet somehow our media pushes the opposite. Shocking. Very good example of earning the descriptor Enemy of the People.

Last edited:

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I didn't miss anything. You think black voters will go stand in line for hours and vote in an election they don't care about because BLM will give them pizza. That's what you said.

Send your NRA or QANON buddies to Fulton County and hand out pizza and "sway" voters if you're so worried. Georgia had elections for decades with the existing laws, why is this suddenly a problem?

What is the QOP plan to address the real issue and reduce the lines?
howie, it is you and the Democrat Party that think that they have to make voting as easy as possible for minorities b/c things like having a drivers license or ID or over complicating the absentee ballot process or having to collect ballots via ballot harvesting b/c it is just too difficult for black people to figure out how to do it on their own. It‘s likely that you think that black folk are just too lazy to vote unless they are guaranteed $2K payments from the government.

I happen to believe that people of all races a fully capable of taking care of themselves and have the intellect to figure out the easiest process for them to vote, and that the local voting districts (which are totally responsible for their own districts voting issues) should not be using tactics that circumvent the equal protections clause of state constitutions.

But that’s just me. I think black people are capable. I don’t believe that they need to be attracted to the polls with inducements of any kind to vote their interests. Since Democrats are the only ones using these tactics and it’s only in the minority communities, I can only assume that it’s Democrats that believe these tactics are effective.

Donovan

Reaction score
In this thread I have learned that it is racist to think minorities are just as capable of registering to vote, obtaining an id, and feeding themselves before going to vote.
If you need to craft together an apology, this could be an outline to use:

Confessions of a Horrible Racist​

howeda7

Reaction score
howie, it is you and the Democrat Party that think that they have to make voting as easy as possible for minorities b/c things like having a drivers license or ID or over complicating the absentee ballot process or having to collect ballots via ballot harvesting b/c it is just too difficult for black people to figure out how to do it on their own. It‘s likely that you think that black folk are just too lazy to vote unless they are guaranteed $2K payments from the government.

I happen to believe that people of all races a fully capable of taking care of themselves and have the intellect to figure out the easiest process for them to vote, and that the local voting districts (which are totally responsible for their own districts voting issues) should not be using tactics that circumvent the equal protections clause of state constitutions.

But that’s just me. I think black people are capable. I don’t believe that they need to be attracted to the polls with inducements of any kind to vote their interests. Since Democrats are the only ones using these tactics and it’s only in the minority communities, I can only assume that it’s Democrats that believe these tactics are effective.
I want to make it as easy as possible for everyone to vote. You don't. Your regressive old white party does better when fewer people vote. That is the entire intent behind these laws.

You lost, screamed fraud and found none. Your entire party looked like fools. And if you lose next time you will scream fraud some more, even with these laws in place.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Why is KGF trying to make voting about Black Americans?
Oh this is classic. Rage about minority voting being suppressed and then get a response about inducements for, persuasion of voters, state constitutional violations in voting, and the claim it’s racist to respond.

If you guys didn’t have the racism card, you wouldn’t have anything.

This can only last so long before it loses its meaning, and we’ve already passed that point and the race card loses its significance each passing day.

The real racists are people that think you have to give minorities something to get them to do something b/c they aren’t capable to do for themselves. That’s racist!

The great intellectual Dr. Shelby Steele calls it “racial victimization” that strips black people of their power, creates a culture of minority dependence, and allows people like you and howie to “virtue signal” and relieve your “white privilege“ burden. You can claim your innocence b/c you only want to help black people. Yeah, help black people be reliant on government and dependent on the Democrat Party.

cncmin

Reaction score
You're right. There shouldn't. If you're in a long line waiting to vote, by that point you have failed to avail yourself of a number of different options to vote by that time. I mean really, this shit happens every 4 years, you can't get it together to figure out what your plan is by then?
Yeah. Sounds great on paper, right? Vote by mail. Wait, Republicans make it harder to do so. Vote and deliver to drop boxes. Wait, Republicans make laws to limit the accessibility to drop boxes. Vote early. Wait, Republicans cut early voting days. Vote later in the day. Wait, Republicans cut down voting hours. Vote on a non-work day. Wait, Election Day is a Tuesday, which is a weekday/work day, and Republicans refuse to make Election Day a holiday. Vote same day. Wait, Republicans enforce rules that make horrendously long lines in certain areas that just happen to historically favor their opponents. And then they pass laws that make standing in line more miserable. You agree that those are fair tactics, where every voter is treated equally? Is that what you're trying to push, here?

So are you, or are you not in favor of every qualified voter having equal right to vote and having a system where nobody has excessive difficulty in doing so, or are you just another Republican denying that there is a massive difference in how voting is set up district by district, with Republican lawmakers refusing to do anything to help this problem?

What are the problems in the last election that needed addressing? Notably, Republican legislators made the same rules they so lament now. So Republicans were apparently a bunch of failures in setting up the election, and you want them messing up the system even more? Or were they not failures, and there is almost no evidence that there was any wrongdoing and the system worked as it should? Which of these do you choose?

Last edited:

stocker08

Reaction score
Yes. Guess where all the long lines are? Fraud.

Old white man party doesn't care. They couldn't come right out and propose going back to the 3/5s vote for blacks....so they are attempting to suppress the vote in other ways. Closing polling places in urban centers with higher proportions of minorities was just the first part of the plan.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Old white man party doesn't care. They couldn't come right out and propose going back to the 3/5s vote for blacks....so they are attempting to suppress the vote in other ways. Closing polling places in urban centers with higher proportions of minorities was just the first part of the plan.
The local polling places are controlled by the local districts, not the state. The county officials determine the number and location of polling places. Not white man party.

stocker08

Reaction score
The local polling places are controlled by the local districts, not the state. The county officials determine the number and location of polling places. Not white man party.

Resources are controlled by the states. Go figure that poll closings are most prevalent in red states and have the largest negative effect against population centers. The right pushed hard to get Shelby v. Holder overturned because voting rights means more minorities. Something that the old white man party doesn't want.

Trying to get back to 3/5ths any way possibly. Very sad.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Resources are controlled by the states. Go figure that poll closings are most prevalent in red states and have the largest negative effect against population centers. The right pushed hard to get Shelby v. Holder overturned because voting rights means more minorities. Something that the old white man party doesn't want.

Trying to get back to 3/5ths any way possibly. Very sad.

Poll: Sixty-nine percent of black voters and 75% overall support voter ID laws

So you say resources are controlled by the state. Provide some evidence that minority Georgia counties have been denied resources or STFU.

howeda7

Reaction score
They rushed to close polling places the minute SCOTUS gutted the Voting Rights Act. They got their long lines and discouraged turnout for awhile. But now people are finding a way around it and voting anyway. R's lose. Time for more suppression.

stocker08

Reaction score

Poll: Sixty-nine percent of black voters and 75% overall support voter ID laws​

So you say resources are controlled by the state. Provide some evidence that minority Georgia counties have been denied resources or STFU.

KFC's response to the repubs voter suppression actions against minorities: STFU! The old white man party keeps evolving in new and exciting ways.

Georgia's state leadership and elections officials have largely ignored complaints about poll consolidations even as they tout record growth in voter registration. As secretary of state from 2010 to 2018, when most of Georgia's poll closures occurred, Brian Kemp, now the governor, took a laissez-faire attitude toward county-run election practices, save for a 2015 document that spelled out methods officials could use to shutter polling places to show "how the change can benefit voters and the public interest."

Kemp's office declined to comment Thursday on the letter or why poll closures went unchallenged by state officials. His spokesperson referred to his previous statements that he did not encourage officials to close polling places but merely offered guidance on how to follow the law.

The inaction has left Black voters in Georgia facing barriers reminiscent of Jim Crow laws, said Adrienne Jones, a political science professor at Morehouse College in Atlanta who has studied the impact of the landmark Shelby decision on Black voters.

Voter suppression "is happening with these voter impediments that are being imposed," Jones said.

stocker08

Reaction score
They rushed to close polling places the minute SCOTUS gutted the Voting Rights Act. They got their long lines and discouraged turnout for awhile. But now people are finding a way around it and voting anyway. R's lose. Time for more suppression.

Bingo. Allowed states....mainly the ones run by the old white man party.....to shutter polling places in minority communities causing long lines and hours long waits. Now they need to stop people from voting in other ways.

howeda7

Reaction score
Bingo. Allowed states....mainly the ones run by the old white man party.....to shutter polling places in minority communities causing long lines and hours long waits. Now they need to stop people from voting in other ways.
Yep. Now if you want to vote absentee you must have access and ability to scan/send ID, you get less time to send it back, if you try to drop it off there are fewer boxes. Your county can end Sunday voting. If you decide to stand in line four hours, no food or water for you.

After all that if Dems still win, the QOP legislature can throw out the county board if they refuse to overturn the result.

All of this is needed so KGF and his fellow old white men can have "faith in the integrity" of the result.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
KFC's response to the repubs voter suppression actions against minorities: STFU! The old white man party keeps evolving in new and exciting ways.

Georgia's state leadership and elections officials have largely ignored complaints about poll consolidations even as they tout record growth in voter registration. As secretary of state from 2010 to 2018, when most of Georgia's poll closures occurred, Brian Kemp, now the governor, took a laissez-faire attitude toward county-run election practices, save for a 2015 document that spelled out methods officials could use to shutter polling places to show "how the change can benefit voters and the public interest."

Kemp's office declined to comment Thursday on the letter or why poll closures went unchallenged by state officials. His spokesperson referred to his previous statements that he did not encourage officials to close polling places but merely offered guidance on how to follow the law.

The inaction has left Black voters in Georgia facing barriers reminiscent of Jim Crow laws, said Adrienne Jones, a political science professor at Morehouse College in Atlanta who has studied the impact of the landmark Shelby decision on Black voters.

Voter suppression "is happening with these voter impediments that are being imposed," Jones said.

No. It’s a response to a made up allegation.

There is NOTHING in your response that suggests that the state denied specific counties “resources “.

I’ve never seen anyone make that allegation except you.

But you’re free to prove me wrong.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Yep. Now if you want to vote absentee you must have access and ability to scan/send ID, you get less time to send it back, if you try to drop it off there are fewer boxes. Your county can end Sunday voting. If you decide to stand in line four hours, no food or water for you.

After all that if Dems still win, the QOP legislature can throw out the county board if they refuse to overturn the result.

All of this is needed so KGF and his fellow old white men can have "faith in the integrity" of the result.
The soft bigotry of low expectations. That’s howie.

stocker08

Reaction score
No. It’s a response to a made up allegation.

There is NOTHING in your response that suggests that the state denied specific counties “resources “.

I’ve never seen anyone make that allegation except you.

But you’re free to prove me wrong.

Sure it did. Georgia ignored complaints about polling issues. Here's one from Arizona. Cuts to county election budgets. Just the first way that the old white man party is attempting to cut down on minority voting. Desperately want to keep voting white. Sick stuff from the righties.

Imagine spending hours in line to vote and then finding out the race has been called before you can cast a ballot. That's what happened in Maricopa County, Ariz., this week on the day of the presidential primary election. Maricopa is Arizona's most populous county and accounts for almost two thirds of the state's residents, and yet there were only 60 polling places, down from 200 in 2012. Reporter Jude Joffe-Block from member station KJZZ in Phoenix has been following this story, and she joins the program now.

And Jude, so far, what's the explanation as to why there were just fewer polling places to begin with compared to four years ago?

JUDE JOFFE-BLOCK, BYLINE: Well, you know, I was at a polling place in Phoenix where voters who'd gotten in line right before 7 didn't cast their ballot after midnight. So very dramatic problems that we are seeing. And it seems like the issue might've come down to budget cuts. The state passed a budget last year that cut funding to counties, and we know that county supervisors directed election officials to run a cheap election.

And one of the ways they did that was by reducing the number of polling places. The idea was the 60 polling places would be larger than past polling places, would accommodate more voters and voters would be allowed to visit any of the 60 polling places in the county. But what's clear is that 60 was really not enough.

CORNISH: So who's getting the blame?

JOFFE-BLOCK: So on the one hand, there's one county official who's getting a lot of heat, and that's Maricopa County Recorder Helen Purcell. There's been some calls for her to resign. She's going to face challenges in the November election. She's elected to this post as a Republican. She'll face a Republican and a Democratic challenger in November.

And some people are asking whether the secretary of state has blame in this, whether she should've had better oversight. Democrats are saying this is part of a larger issue. They're blaming the Republican administration saying that the budget cuts as well as legislation that's made it harder to vote in Arizona is really the problem here.

CORNISH: Meanwhile, Arizona does have a history of discrimination when it comes to voting and voting rights, correct?

JOFFE-BLOCK: Right. I mean, Arizona has a history of discriminating against minority voters, particularly Latino voters, and that's one reason the state was one of the states that used to be required to check any election changes with the Department of Justice to make sure they wouldn't be discriminatory. But that stopped three years ago, or almost three years ago, when the U.S. Supreme Court invalidated a section of the Voting Rights Act.

And many people are now wondering if there were still federal oversight over Arizona if this debacle could've been prevented. The Phoenix mayor has said that he believes the reduced polling places disproportionately impacted minority voters in Phoenix. He's calling on the Department of Justice to investigate what happened. And the Democratic Party is threatening to sue Maricopa County.

Top Bottom