Voter Suppression efforts in full swing

Section2

Reaction score
That's essentially a lie. I'm sure someone said that. I sure didn't and neither did 30% of Democrats. What we have said - and there's no question it's true, no matter what you sycophants say, is that Russia meddled significantly in the election, including lobbing overtures to the Don Trump camp that may or may not have been entertained.

The system doesn't have "the appearance of fraud." That entire line of attack was made up by the biggest sore loser of all time.

Do I think the system needs adjustment from the most recent round? Yes. Am I shocked that in 2020, an extraordinary year by pretty much any measure, efforts were made to accommodate voters that weren't considered previously? Not in the least - as they should have been. Do I believe that the efforts taken like those in the OP are virtuous? Uh, yeah, no, I do not.
Please. The phrase “hacked the election” was everywhere. I’m not going to relitigate the point. Stacey Abrams was cheated. It’s why she’s famous.
in person voting with voter id is the most secure.
you start adding in layer after layer of new processes, you can lose control pretty fast. I still think Biden won, but I don’t have much faith in all these changes.
id rather push toward most of the votes being done in person.

Regardless. You can tell every Trump voter F YOU. But if you want to unite, you should make good faith efforts so that everyone can feel secure in the process. Or don’t. And Iowa can tell you to F OFF. It will be an awesome country.

Section2

Reaction score
Only reason they felt that way is some dumb f traitor said it over and over for 5 years. Thats all it takes to convince morons.
Fine. Assume you are 100% correct. Doesn’t change the situation. Fighting reforms such as in Iowa doesn’t change their perception. Neither does fighting voter id.

howeda7

Reaction score
I haven’t seen it proven, but according to time magazine, the efforts to change voting rules were one part of several moves made by a cabal of powerful people who were determined to unseat Trump. The anger you saw on Jan 6 was a response to that. The sudden appearance of thousands of votes all going one way at the 11th hour. Are drop boxes secure? I don’t know.

In my lifetime, it was either vote in person on Election Day (which is very very difficult to rig in any way) or absentee ballot (small percent of the vote). I don’t think having only those two methods constitute vote suppression. Is one drop box a sufficient check? Too restrictive? Maybe one per some number of voters? I don’t know.

I’m just telling you, it’s not good to have millions of people feel that the election system is rigged. It would be a good idea for Democrats to engage in good faith efforts to find compromise and allow everyone to feel like the process is secure and makes reasonable accommodations for voters. Sorry for being such a hack.
Are you going full QAnon now too? The change in voting rules were almost all due to the pandemic, not some secret cabal trying to take down Trump. None of them resulted in any significant increase in voter fraud.

We were told repeatedly that Trump was likely to win the same day vote in places like PA and then Biden would win the mail vote counted later. While the reverse happened in Arizona. This was known in advance. There was nothing nefarious about it. It was only idiot Trump Cultists simultaneously screaming "stop the count" in Michigan and "Count those votes" in Arizona.

Millions of people are angry because they were fed lies by the President while cowardly people who knew better like you cheered it on or stood silently.

Voter ID is one issue. It's been discussed to death. Closing polling places, cutting voting days, eliminating drop boxes and banning absentee voting does nothing to combat voter fraud. It's all about making it as hard for legal voters to vote as possible. There's no good faith defense that can be made. The R's need to suppress turnout to win. And they will shamelessly stop at nothing to do it.

Last edited:

howeda7

Reaction score
There have been multiple threads on voter fraud that predate Trump. And of course, 4 years ago, lefties whined that Trump stole the election. So whoever loses, the other side complains of cheating. Not a good system and I don’t really ever recall this happening 20-40 years ago.
I’m really not interested in changing your mind Jake. I’m posting for the reasonable progs who don’t want to murder their political enemies. If you don’t care that the system has the appearance of fraud, move along.
No one said Trump stole the election via voter fraud, except whacko Jill Stein to bilk a few million out of her followers. Did Russia interfere in the election? Yes. Separate issue.

"You don't recall" this happening in the good old days because you never take anything seriously unless it affects you personally. But there were allegations of fraud in the 1960 election which was much closer than this one was. Nixon didn't scream fraud for months and have a few thousand of his followers try to murder Senators and Congressman over it. That's what's changed from the "Good Old Days" you pine for. Our elections are as secure as they ever were, and probably more so in most cases.

Section2

Reaction score
No one said Trump stole the election via voter fraud, except whacko Jill Stein to bilk a few million out of her followers. Did Russia interfere in the election? Yes. Separate issue.

"You don't recall" this happening in the good old days because you never take anything seriously unless it affects you personally. But there were allegations of fraud in the 1960 election which was much closer than this one was. Nixon didn't scream fraud for months and have a few thousand of his followers try to murder Senators and Congressman over it. That's what's changed from the "Good Old Days" you pine for. Our elections are as secure as they ever were, and probably more so in most cases.
“Via voter fraud”. Lefties have been pushing vote hacking and election stealing for a while. And now that they defeated Trump, it was the most secure election ever.
NYT in 2018
But now it’s fine. It’s more secure says Howie. Because we started mailing everyone a dozen ballots vs voting in person. More secure.

weird rip. I didn’t realize it was common knowledge that JFK stole the election from Nixon. Do you think america is more corrupt now or less?

Section2

Reaction score
Are you going full QAnon now too? The change in voting rules were almost all due to the pandemic, not some secret cabal trying to take down Trump. None of them resulted in any significant increase in voter fraud.

We were told repeatedly that Trump was likely to win the same day vote in places like PA and then Biden would win the mail vote counted later. While the reverse happened in Arizona. This was known in advance. There was nothing nefarious about it. It was only idiot Trump Cultists simultaneously screaming "stop the count" in Michigan and "Count those votes" in Arizona.

Millions of people are angry because they were fed lies by the President while cowardly people who knew better like you cheered it on or stood silently.

Voter ID is one issue. It's been discussed to death. Closing polling places, cutting voting days, eliminating drop boxes and banning absentee voting does nothing to combat voter fraud. It's all about making it as hard for legal voters to vote as possible. There's no good faith defense that can be made. The R's need to suppress turnout to win. And they will shamelessly stop at nothing to do it.
It Time magazine qanon to you? Read the article. It’s not my allegations. It’s the MSM bragging about how they got rid of Trump.
It’s really not hard to believe. Would powerful insiders do everything in their power to get rid of Trump? Would they feel any guilt over cheating to get rid of him? No. He’s the worst ever. It would be a patriotic duty. He’s dangerous. We can’t chance it.
You know that’s true. It’s not proof of course.
You can support whatever voting rules you want. But our system is much less command and control than progs think. It depends on peoples faith in the system and their cooperation. You can dunk on those 75m all you like. But if they lose faith, it won’t be good.

howeda7

Reaction score
“Via voter fraud”. Lefties have been pushing vote hacking and election stealing for a while. And now that they defeated Trump, it was the most secure election ever.
NYT in 2018
But now it’s fine. It’s more secure says Howie. Because we started mailing everyone a dozen ballots vs voting in person. More secure.

weird rip. I didn’t realize it was common knowledge that JFK stole the election from Nixon. Do you think america is more corrupt now or less?
Liar. No one was mailed a "dozen ballots" or Sidney Kraaken would have screamed it from the mountaintops.

There ARE things we can do to make the elections more secure. Things Amy Klobluchar and other Dems have proposed. Like making sure all voting machines have back-up paper ballots so recounts can be done easily. But R's oppose them. Why?

Instead it's closing polling places, removing drop boxes, banning abssentee voting and cutting voting days, all of which do ZERO to make anything secure, but just make voting a time wasting inconvenience so fewer people will do it.

In terms of elections, I think there is less corruption now than in 1960 when places like Chicago could get away with a lot. Now there are cameras and observers everywhere. Which is why Trump's dozens of lawsuits produced jack squat.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Regardless. You can tell every Trump voter F YOU. But if you want to unite, you should make good faith efforts so that everyone can feel secure in the process. Or don’t. And Iowa can tell you to F OFF. It will be an awesome country.
This is a great point really.

If the Dems want unity and they want to restore faith in the election process, what would be the main issue with voter ID and voting in-person? Is it really that hard? Make election time 3 days, 5 days, whatever. Are you telling me that it's too much to ask a person once every FOUR YEARS to make it to a voting booth? WTF are we talking about here?

Wally

Reaction score
This is a great point really.

If the Dems want unity and they want to restore faith in the election process, what would be the main issue with voter ID and voting in-person? Is it really that hard? Make election time 3 days, 5 days, whatever. Are you telling me that it's too much to ask a person once every FOUR YEARS to make it to a voting booth? WTF are we talking about here?
Whats wrong with mail in? Several states have voted primarily mail in for years with no apparent problems.

jamiche

Reaction score

Joe Kennedy and Mayor Daley really did steal that election for JFK. As you said, Nixon for all of his criminality, was a patriot. He didn't run around the country for months like the Magat Mongrel trying to raise money to pay off his debts off of results that didn't suit his fancy.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
The intense and feverish push to label ANYTHING that may restore faith in our election process as "VOTER SUPPRESSION!!" is deeply disturbing.

Branding is everything though, the Dems know that. If we can attach a catchy label to it, that's more than half the battle. Just look at this thread. The left has managed to build up voter registration and physically voting at the polls as something that is now suddenly some MONUMENTAL task that is beyond the capability of hundreds of thousands of Americans.

But hey VOTER SUPPRESSION is a catchy brand, it's working on the intellectually challenged for sure

Wally

Reaction score
The intense and feverish push to label ANYTHING that may restore faith in our election process as "VOTER SUPPRESSION!!" is deeply disturbing.

Branding is everything though, the Dems know that. If we can attach a catchy label to it, that's more than half the battle. Just look at this thread. The left has managed to build up voter registration and physically voting at the polls as something that is now suddenly some MONUMENTAL task that is beyond the capability of hundreds of thousands of Americans.

But hey VOTER SUPPRESSION is a catchy brand, it's working on the intellectually challenged for sure
There is absolutely zero evidence of widespread voter fraud.

Republicans rejected the dem proposals to require a paper trail for all ballots among other ways to ensure secure elections. Why is that?

They use this boogieman to make voting more difficult because it helps them. They should be in jail.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Nothing like having the power of mainstream media on your side.

It's pretty sad, and really a little pathetic, that any effort to remotely restore some faith in our electoral process will be IMMEDIATELY branded as 'voter suppression'. I mean, how many times can you keep crying "Wolf!"?

From howie's idiotic retweet above; requiring witness signature and a photocopy of voter ID is some kind of monumental f'ng tall order for someone to be able to vote by mail instead of actually going to the polls? Are you for real?

Sooooooo, it's not enough to just be allowed to vote via mail-in ballots, we also don't want to have to literally show much of any documentation for the convenience of not having to go to the polls.

Do you realize how stupid and pathetic that sounds, just try it coming out of your mouth

cncmin

Reaction score

It's pretty sad, and really a little pathetic, that any effort to remotely restore some faith in our electoral process will be IMMEDIATELY branded as 'voter suppression'. I mean, how many times can you keep crying "Wolf!"?

From howie's idiotic retweet above; requiring witness signature and a photocopy of voter ID is some kind of monumental f'ng tall order for someone to be able to vote by mail instead of actually going to the polls? Are you for real?

Sooooooo, it's not enough to just be allowed to vote via mail-in ballots, we also don't want to have to literally show much of any documentation for the convenience of not having to go to the polls.

Do you realize how stupid and pathetic that sounds, just try it coming out of your mouth
Do you ever post anything other than nonsense and garbage?

Wally

Reaction score

The right, constantly trying to find solutions to problems that don't exist on voting.

For everything else in the country they give the fox the keys to the Henhouse.

howeda7

Reaction score
The right, constantly trying to find solutions to problems that don't exist on voting.

For everything else in the country they give the fox the keys to the Henhouse.
The problem they're finding a solution to isn't voter fraud, it's too many of the "wrong" people voting legally.

scools12

Reaction score
Requiring a witness signature and a photocopy of voter ID allegedly is a way to stop “wrong” people from voting by mail.

Talking points taken straight from CNN, MSNBC and leftist Twitter.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Wally

Reaction score
Requiring a witness signature and a photocopy of voter ID allegedly is a way to stop “wrong” people from voting by mail.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
I guess every election in our history was bogus, there is no country, there is nothing then.

Solving a problem that doesn't exist. Election fraud is a serious offence, not many people turn in fraudulent ballots, a couple votes ate not worth a felony for anyone but true idiots.
Its no surprise the only recent cases I can think of were for Republicans.
🤣🤣🤣

howeda7

Reaction score

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Signatures are already required when you register and can be matched against the absentee ballot application/ballot.

50 Trump lawsuits desperately searching for fraud. Any fraud. Fraud found: Squat. Nothing. Zero.

QOPers: We need 587 new laws to make mail in voting harder, even though there's zero issue with it as is!

scools12

Reaction score
Signatures are already required when you register and can be matched against the absentee ballot application/ballot.

50 Trump lawsuits desperately searching for fraud. Any fraud. Fraud found: Squat. Nothing. Zero.

QOPers: We need 587 new laws to make mail in voting harder, even though there's zero issue with it as is!
Great - now do photocopies of voter IDs.

QOPers 😂😂😂😂😂😂 IALTO.

Lyin’ Howie, leftist Twitter is not real life. Astroman, SuzyBeeKeeper and Native Son are not valid sources of info.

Last edited:

howeda7

Reaction score
Great - now do photocopies of voter IDs.

QOPers 😂😂😂😂😂😂 IALTO.

Lyin’ Howie, leftist Twitter is not real life. Astroman, SuzyBeeKeeper and Native Son are not valid sources of info.
Are you saying the QOP is not trying to pass new voting laws in most states?

scools12

Reaction score
Are you saying the QOP is not trying to pass new voting laws in most states?
Not what I am saying at all.

Nothing wrong with adding another layer of protection with witness signatures and voter id for mail in ballots.

howeda7

Reaction score
Not what I am say at all.

Nothing wrong withadding another layer of protection with witness signatures and voter id for mail in ballots.
"Protection" against what? People have been voting by mail for decades. This is not sudden new problem that needs a bunch of new restrictions.

The ONLY reason they are doing this is to make it harder to vote. The bigger PITA voting is, the fewer people will do it.

scools12

Reaction score
"Protection" against what? People have been voting by mail for decades. This is not sudden new problem that needs a bunch of new restrictions.

The ONLY reason they are doing this is to make it harder to vote. The bigger PITA voting is, the fewer people will do it.
Protection against voter fraud. If people can make the effort to apply for the absentee application/ballot a couple extra steps shouldn’t persuade them not to in the future.

You believe there is absolutely no voter fraud in a national election? Before you go down the road I am saying Trump was cheated that is not what I am saying.

Going back to 2016 millions of Americans have lost faith in our elections trying to restore some faith back into them isn’t voter suppression.

Top Bottom