Voter Suppression efforts in full swing

Section2

Reaction score
Even if I were your research assistant, all I'd have to do is have you do an Internet search on the subject. There are more articles out there on this than you can count.
I did some research. Saw nothing that wasn’t a Post Office union complaint or a Democrat politician. They’re trying to slow down the mail, is what I’m hearing. Why? For what reason? Not too much detail on these supposed sabotages. So like I said, feel free to explain your view. I didn’t ask you to do research, just your own words about what you think is happening. Your decline is noted.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
I did some research. Saw nothing that wasn’t a Post Office union complaint or a Democrat politician. They’re trying to slow down the mail, is what I’m hearing. Why? For what reason? Not too much detail on these supposed sabotages. So like I said, feel free to explain your view. I didn’t ask you to do research, just your own words about what you think is happening. Your decline is noted.
Quoted thread

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
The US Postmaster can steal a general election in the United States? Why hasn't someone thought of this sooner?

USAF

Reaction score
The US Postmaster can steal a general election in the United States? Why hasn't someone thought of this sooner?
Let's see...who doesn't want people to be able to vote this November? Who would benefit if the USPS was so f'd up nobody could vote by mail?

This isn't rocket science, Ogee.

Go4Broke

Reaction score
Trump threatens lawsuit to block mail-in voting in Nevada

Donald Trump threatened legal action Monday after Nevada’s legislature passed a bill to mail ballots to all active voters, suggesting the measure would make it impossible for Republicans to win there in November’s general election. But Republican political operatives have embraced vote-by-mail, and a recent study found that it does not benefit one party over another.

Despite the president’s insistence to the contrary, cases of election fraud in the U.S. are exceedingly rare. Experts acknowledge there are some slightly higher fraud risks associated with mail-in balloting, but only when proper security measures are not put in place.

Although Trump has criticized mail-in ballots, he has deemed absentee ballots to be “fine” because “a person has to go through a process to get and use them.” Voting rights experts, however, say there is no difference between mail-in voting and absentee voting.

Nevada will join seven other states that have already adopted automatic mail ballot policies. Five of those states — Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah and Washington — regularly mail every voter a ballot, while California and Vermont, along with the District of Columbia, have announced their intention to do so in this election because of the pandemic. An analysis last month of voting in three states that send ballots during every election cycle found that officials identified an infinitesimal amount of potentially fraudulent ballots.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/03/trump-nevada-mail-voting-lawsuit-390878

howeda7

Reaction score
We haven't had a Presidential election during a pandemic before. Don't play dumb.

howeda7

Reaction score
Trump threatens lawsuit to block mail-in voting in Nevada

Donald Trump threatened legal action Monday after Nevada’s legislature passed a bill to mail ballots to all active voters, suggesting the measure would make it impossible for Republicans to win there in November’s general election. But Republican political operatives have embraced vote-by-mail, and a recent study found that it does not benefit one party over another.

Despite the president’s insistence to the contrary, cases of election fraud in the U.S. are exceedingly rare. Experts acknowledge there are some slightly higher fraud risks associated with mail-in balloting, but only when proper security measures are not put in place.

Although Trump has criticized mail-in ballots, he has deemed absentee ballots to be “fine” because “a person has to go through a process to get and use them.” Voting rights experts, however, say there is no difference between mail-in voting and absentee voting.

Nevada will join seven other states that have already adopted automatic mail ballot policies. Five of those states — Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah and Washington — regularly mail every voter a ballot, while California and Vermont, along with the District of Columbia, have announced their intention to do so in this election because of the pandemic. An analysis last month of voting in three states that send ballots during every election cycle found that officials identified an infinitesimal amount of potentially fraudulent ballots.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/03/trump-nevada-mail-voting-lawsuit-390878
Disgusting. And Trump's not winning Nevada in any case.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Disgusting. And Trump's not winning Nevada in any case.
What's disgusting is what the NV Gov and Dems tried to do by attempting to slide this through during an unplanned midnight special session late last Friday night, zero public involved. Totally transparent. Totally

Section2

Reaction score
Let's see...who doesn't want people to be able to vote this November? Who would benefit if the USPS was so f'd up nobody could vote by mail?

This isn't rocket science, Ogee.
So Trump's guy is going to literally stop delivering mail in November? Or they are just going to notify USPS employees to not deliver ballots? I'm curious how you think this would play out. Assume you are right, Dejoy is planning on trying to steal the election. How?

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
So Trump's guy is going to literally stop delivering mail in November? Or they are just going to notify USPS employees to not deliver ballots? I'm curious how you think this would play out. Assume you are right, Dejoy is planning on trying to steal the election. How?
This is brilliant thinking. Nobody would EVER know!

oak_street1981

Reaction score
Good lord. You can't be this ignorant, can you?

The NYT is so biased and overtaken by SJW types that even real journalists, who happen to be hard core liberals are being pushed out for now towing the hard left line. I guess you missed the recent news.

USAF

Reaction score
The NYT is so biased and overtaken by SJW types that even real journalists, who happen to be hard core liberals are being pushed out for now towing the hard left line. I guess you missed the recent news.
yes, facts have a known liberal bias.

Now run along and play. The grown-ups are talking.

Section2

Reaction score
Kudlow admits that Republicans don't like voting rights

it's difficult in a 20 second clip to know what he's referring to, but he says "voting rights and aid to aliens". A reasonable interpretation is that he's referring to voting rights for illegal immigrants. But without full context or knowing what specific Dem proposal he's referring to, can't know for sure. But you got your narrative going anyway.

justthefacts

Reaction score
it's difficult in a 20 second clip to know what he's referring to, but he says "voting rights and aid to aliens". A reasonable interpretation is that he's referring to voting rights for illegal immigrants. But without full context or knowing what specific Dem proposal he's referring to, can't know for sure. But you got your narrative going anyway.
Not 20 minutes ago you were aghast at someone suggesting that the explicit statement that someone made was not what they really meant.

If you can point me to the part of the Democrats' pandemic relief bill that provides voting rights to illegal aliens, your obvious nonsense about context might not be quite so much nonsense.

Section2

Reaction score
Not 20 minutes ago you were aghast at someone suggesting that the explicit statement that someone made was not what they really meant.

If you can point me to the part of the Democrats' pandemic relief bill that provides voting rights to illegal aliens, your obvious nonsense about context might not be quite so much nonsense.
I haven't read the bill. Fact is he said voting rights and aid to aliens in a single sentence. Grammatically, that sentence means: voting right to aliens and aid to aliens. That might not be what he meant, he should clarify.

howeda7

Reaction score
A few weeks ago, some of my neighbors had things stolen out of their garages in broad daylight. That might be the best way to do it!
Apparently they are also hauling away mailboxes in "blue" areas. I'm sure that will "save $". :rolleyes:

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Any way this is applicable to the current situation? just trolling......oops, I mean wondering out loud.

18 U.S. Code § 1701.Obstruction of mails generally
Whoever knowingly and willfully obstructs or retards the passage of the mail, or any carrier or conveyance carrying the mail, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Another super hyper-partisan issue. Plain and simple.

If Barry was doing exactly the same thing, he would be lauded as fiscally responsible, forward thinking, and a fine steward of the taxpayers money. "Cutting government waste!!!"

GopherJake

Reaction score
Another super hyper-partisan issue. Plain and simple.

If Barry was doing exactly the same thing, he would be lauded as fiscally responsible, forward thinking, and a fine steward of the taxpayers money. "Cutting government waste!!!"
Yeah. When I think Don Trump, I immediately think “fiscal responsibility.”

Top Bottom