Vatican says it will not bless same-sex unions, calling homosexuality a 'sin' and a 'choice'

MplsGopher

Reaction score
how does elevating sin
Being homosexual or transsexual is not a sin.

Never was.

You were lied to, by humans, who appended their lies to a book. You swallowed their lie hook, line, and sinker.

But you don't actually care that it's a lie. You want it to be the truth, so you'll pretend it is.

Blizzard

Reaction score

Never was.

You were lied to, by humans, who appended their lies to a book. You swallowed their lie hook, line, and sinker.

But you don't actually care that it's a lie. You want it to be the truth, so you'll pretend it is.
You're wrong. :)

MplsGopher

Reaction score
You're wrong.
That's your false belief. Obviously will never change your mind, but like I said it's because you want it to be true. Not because you actually think God gives a crap about something so silly.

howeda7

Reaction score

Never was.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
The ELCA has ordained transsexuals in ministry. You can thank putting people in authority who had no business being there and how does elevating sin connect with the priesthood of all believers?
Our congregation is self-governed, within parameters set by the ELCA. Council members serve a limit of six consecutive years to maximize participation. A majority of our members don't believe being trans or gay is a sin. So yeah, we voted on recognizing gay marriage and uplift LGBT+ members, endorsed by the ELCA. So yeah, that's how we live into the priesthood of all believers. Definitely NOT elder-led.

MennoSota

Reaction score

Never was.

I would love to see your academic support for this assertion.

If you read actual data, you realize that having same sex attraction is not a sin. Having sex outside of marriage is declared a sin. Marriage is always between a man and a woman. Polygamy is never approved, even though it is culturally practiced in the Bible. When polygamy is expressed, it always has negative consequences.

Ultimately, you have no idea what is a lie and what is true, even though you act like you do.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Our congregation is self-governed, within parameters set by the ELCA. Council members serve a limit of six consecutive years to maximize participation. A majority of our members don't believe being trans or gay is a sin. So yeah, we voted on recognizing gay marriage and uplift LGBT+ members, endorsed by the ELCA. So yeah, that's how we live into the priesthood of all believers. Definitely NOT elder-led.
Where would you find this form of government or support in the Bible, Nokomis?

MennoSota

Reaction score
Check out the Twitter post. I'm no theologist. So I do want to hear what you and Blizzard have to say about it.
First, what twitter post. Second, really, you're creating your morality from twitter?

Nax5

Reaction score
First, what twitter post. Second, really, you're creating your morality from twitter?
It's a few posts up. Just check it out before slinging mud. I did some follow up and it sounds like there is legitimate research happening around the history of the Bible.

MennoSota

Reaction score
It's a few posts up. Just check it out before slinging mud. I did some follow up and it sounds like there is legitimate research happening around the history of the Bible.
I just scrolled through the past two pages and find nothing there. But honestly...twitter? Really?

MennoSota

Reaction score
Alright, I have Howey on ignore, which is why I couldn't see it.
However, LOL, you want to die on that hill? A person on tik tok claiming she has translated multiple books in the Bible and then ignoring the King James Bible, translated into English in the early 1600s, yet saying the idea is modern? That's your scholar?
Please read below:
Does the Greek word "arsenokoitai" really refer to homosexuality?

That word is an unusual word. It’s a new word; we don’t know of any other instances of the word until Paul coins the word in 1 Corinthians 6 and 1 Timothy 1. It’s a compound word: “arsen” means man and “koite” or “koitas” or “koitai”—depending on a verb or a noun—means bed. It’s men who bed with other men.

It’s quite clear that Paul has coined this word from Leviticus 18 and 20. Even if you don’t know any Greek, you could find online or pull up the Greek transliteration of these two verses. Look at the Septuagint, which is the Greek translation of the Hebrew Bible, and then just look at the Greek for the necessary passage in Leviticus 18 and Leviticus 20 and you'll see there (and in fact the words are right next to each other in Leviticus 20) this word for man (“arsen”) and the word for bed (“koitai” or “koite”).

Paul is quite deliberately pulling from the Torah to make this new word. So he has in his mind all that was written in the Old Testament. And that’s part of the reason why we can’t just say, “Well Leviticus has a lot of strange things and so we shouldn’t pay attention to Leviticus.” Because Paul is explicitly drawing this teaching into the New Testament to coin this word which, given the context in Leviticus and how it’s used elsewhere after the New Testament, means men having sex with other men. And there is no real other interpretation that makes the best sense of the evidence both in the early Christian literature and especially in the Old Testament.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
The Sacred Book. The 'one and only' true way.

Yes, yes — there are many so-called 'sacred' texts; but this is the real one. I know this is the true one, the only valid one, because this one happens to dovetail with the religious views I myself was brought up with, as a child.

MennoSota

Reaction score
The Sacred Book. The 'one and only' true way.

Yes, yes — there are many so-called 'sacred' texts; but this is the real one. I know this is the true one, the only valid one, because this one happens to dovetail with the religious views I myself was brought up with, as a child.
As opposed to your sacred book of feelings...

Nax5

Reaction score
Alright, I have Howey on ignore, which is why I couldn't see it.
However, LOL, you want to die on that hill? A person on tik tok claiming she has translated multiple books in the Bible and then ignoring the King James Bible, translated into English in the early 1600s, yet saying the idea is modern? That's your scholar?
Please read below:
Does the Greek word "arsenokoitai" really refer to homosexuality?

That word is an unusual word. It’s a new word; we don’t know of any other instances of the word until Paul coins the word in 1 Corinthians 6 and 1 Timothy 1. It’s a compound word: “arsen” means man and “koite” or “koitas” or “koitai”—depending on a verb or a noun—means bed. It’s men who bed with other men.

It’s quite clear that Paul has coined this word from Leviticus 18 and 20. Even if you don’t know any Greek, you could find online or pull up the Greek transliteration of these two verses. Look at the Septuagint, which is the Greek translation of the Hebrew Bible, and then just look at the Greek for the necessary passage in Leviticus 18 and Leviticus 20 and you'll see there (and in fact the words are right next to each other in Leviticus 20) this word for man (“arsen”) and the word for bed (“koitai” or “koite”).

Paul is quite deliberately pulling from the Torah to make this new word. So he has in his mind all that was written in the Old Testament. And that’s part of the reason why we can’t just say, “Well Leviticus has a lot of strange things and so we shouldn’t pay attention to Leviticus.” Because Paul is explicitly drawing this teaching into the New Testament to coin this word which, given the context in Leviticus and how it’s used elsewhere after the New Testament, means men having sex with other men. And there is no real other interpretation that makes the best sense of the evidence both in the early Christian literature and especially in the Old Testament.

I didn't say they were my scholar. I thought they brought up an interesting discussion. Cool your jets.

Like I said earlier, they aren't the only person looking into this.

MennoSota

Reaction score
I didn't say they were my scholar. I thought they brought up an interesting discussion. Cool your jets.

LOL, probably best you simply acknowledge you are clueless on this subject and you just deferred to a tiktok video as your scholarly source of information.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
As opposed to your sacred book of feelings...

I don't have a sacred book, and I have never pretended that there is anything sacred about me or my feelings.

But carry on with your hocus-pocus and religious nonsense.

Nax5

Reaction score
LOL, probably best you simply acknowledge you are clueless on this subject and you just deferred to a tiktok video as your scholarly source of information.
That's why I asked for your input you pompous jackass.

MennoSota

Reaction score
I don't have a sacred book, and I have never pretended that there is anything sacred about me or my feelings.

But carry on with your hocus-pocus and religious nonsense.
Indeed, you have nothing. Utter meaninglessness and whatever the cultural norms of the moment decree.

It's entirely your choice and I respect your right to such a life.

Now, please respect the right of the Catholic Church to have their position based upon text that date back to over 5000 years ago.

Nax5

Reaction score
😂🤣😂 tiktok as your scholarly source...😂🤣😂
If you really wanna go down that route...Can intelligent people not use social media?

And like I said, there are other sources for this topic.

MennoSota

Reaction score
If you really wanna go down that route...Can intelligent people not use social media?

And like I said, there are other sources for this topic.
Of course intelligent people can use social media...they just don't use it as their source for scholarly research. 😂🤣😂
Are your other sources instagram and discord?

Nax5

Reaction score
Of course intelligent people can use social media...they just don't use it as their source for scholarly research. 😂🤣😂
Are your other sources instagram and discord?
When did I propose it as truth or my justification? I specifically wanted yours and Blizzard's opinion as I figured you could dissect the argument.

And instead you acted like a jackass. And presumably found the first Google result to challenge the assertion.

Last edited:

MennoSota

Reaction score
When did I propose it as truth or my justification? I specifically wanted yours and Blizzard's opinion as I figured you could dissect the argument.

And instead you acted like a jackass. And presumably found the first Google result to challenge the assertion.
Well, I did provide my opinion and I did provide a resource that actually addresses the greek word used by the original writer of the text, which ultimately shuts down Ms Tiktok's assertion as ludicrous.
And, I am sure my response was less gracious than it could have been. That's on me. I'll own that.
My advice is...never use Howey as your source for information. There is a reason I have him on ignore.

howeda7

Reaction score

But no one else who's looked into it are as smart as our Tiny!

jamiche

Reaction score
I would love to see your academic support for this assertion.

If you read actual data, you realize that having same sex attraction is not a sin. Having sex outside of marriage is declared a sin. Marriage is always between a man and a woman. Polygamy is never approved, even though it is culturally practiced in the Bible. When polygamy is expressed, it always has negative consequences.

Ultimately, you have no idea what is a lie and what is true, even though you act like you do.
I'm calling a massive Irony Alert for our pal tiny.

jamiche

Reaction score
But no one else who's looked into it are as smart as our Tiny!
The three people on the board most interested in people's sexual and gender preferences are tiny, Melvin and humbled beggar. They love talking about that stuff.

Top Bottom