Vatican says it will not bless same-sex unions, calling homosexuality a 'sin' and a 'choice'

MennoSota

Reaction score
In defiance of changing cultural norms, the Creator of the universe stubbornly announced his plans to stay the same forever, no matter what anyone says.

"I am the same yesterday, today, and forever," The Almighty reportedly said to the writer of Hebrews chapter 13, apparently unaware that times have changed and many people think His views are outdated. "Do not be led astray by strange and diverse teachings," He went on to say, obviously indifferent to the pain his close-minded words were causing.

"It's inexcusable that God has refused to update his views to keep in step with our changing cultural norms," said one local man whose views have changed 23 times in the last 10 years. "He hasn't even updated his holy book in 2000 years! Let's move on already!"

When pressed for comment on whether he has plans to update his written word any time soon, The Almighty simply replied saying, "All flesh is like grass, and all its glory like the flowers of the field. The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever."

Scholars have roughly translated this to mean: "Nah-- I'm good."

MplsGopher

Reaction score
When you do textual criticism of the 66 books of the Bible, get back to me.
You've been proven wrong that there is only "one" Bible. Almost no one agrees with you.

As to the denominations, there certainly are many.
Evidence that people disagree over what the Bible says, and that there is more than one version.

MennoSota

Reaction score
You've been proven wrong that there is only "one" Bible. Almost no one agrees with you.

Evidence that people disagree over what the Bible says, and that there is more than one version.
Sigh...
As I stated, people who don't like what the Bible requires from them will attempt to change it or excuse it. Thomas Jefferson attempted such.
Here's a good article to help you since you seem extremely ignorant regarding the canon of the Bible.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
As I stated, people who don't like what the Bible requires from them will attempt to change it or excuse it.
Let me guess, you only read the "real", "original" Bible. :rolleyes:

Of course. This is no different than anything else. You're happy to back yourself into a corner of taking a position that almost no one agrees with, just so you don't have to admit you're wrong.

Doesn't matter. If most people don't agree with you, then you're wrong, regardless if you won't admit it.

MennoSota

Reaction score

Of course. This is no different than anything else. You're happy to back yourself into a corner of taking a position that almost no one agrees with, just so you don't have to admit you're wrong.

Doesn't matter. If most people don't agree with you, then you're wrong, regardless if you won't admit it.
Well... it's clear you have built your defense on wiki so obviously you must be an expert...

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Sounds more like they are disgusted with the opinion of homosexuality being a choice. Based on their background and experience, I have a feeling their relationship with Jesus and church is much stronger than yours.
Stop projecting, hypocrite.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Stop projecting, hypocrite.
He's a post-modernist. Feelings are his reality, despite the facts. If he feels someone is a certain way; to him it must be correct. The only argument that will sway him is the argument that changes his feelings. He's a product of disney animation as his source of truth.
(There is my projection upon naxy. We'll see if he feels the same way...😎)

Wally

Reaction score
Perhaps there are, however, there is one Bible and it says the same thing no matter whether you attend church or not.
Just because someone wants to do whatever they feel is right for themselves, it does not mean that the Bible applauds what they do.

Especially when you pick and choose the important parts.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

atsgopher

Reaction score

Nobody reads the real original bible. That’s preserved in the Vatican. As are any surviving editions (There have been multiple iterations).

However, consider the bible he reads is the only bible.... as could be said for any denomination. The rest would be close facimilies, but not the Bible as intended ( from the point of view of any user).

On another note:
As Howeda said earlier in the thread, no one used to agree with the Heliocentric theory, save Copernicus.... so no one agreeing is an argument beneath you.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
so no one agreeing is an argument beneath you.
Of course, without any other context.

Someone claiming "I believe that the following is a physical law of our universe, and here is my proof, what do you think" is on the opposite end of the "valid, reasonable position" spectrum from "my cult leader says this book is the only true gospel, therefore anything it says is wrong, must be wrong no matter what anyone else thinks".

And cult is Menno's own words. He's very happy to say he belongs to a cult, and follows the cult's gospel, in order to avoid being wrong.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
This kind of nonsense is why Church governance is so important. The ELCA puts this crap up to vote. Elder led churches, the biblical example, are the way to go.
tenor.gif

Wow...just wow... Isn't this the exact thing Jesus railed against with the Pharisees? Does your church/denomination believe in the notion of "priesthood of all believers"?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I like the version with colored pictures.

Your ignorance is profound. When you do textual criticism of the 66 books of the Bible, get back to me. Going to a wiki for your evidence is the equivalent of going to witch doctor to have your tooth pulled.

As to the denominations, there certainly are many. More have been formed as they attempt to avoid any Bible passages they don't like. If you had any clue, you would know there are many different orders in the Catholic Church as well.
Different orders in the Roman Church are NOT the same as different Protestant denominations. The former are differences in vocation, organization, and work practices. The latter are differences in theology.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Especially when you pick and choose the important parts.
🤣🤣🤣🤣
It's all important. You just don't understand the purpose of God's commands as they relate to his covenant with various people. This is especially true when those commands, in your judgment, seem so evil.
You don't really care to educate yourself, therefore anyone is a fool to take the laborious time to explain the issues.
But, in your ignorance, I am sure you think you hold a high ground.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Different orders in the Roman Church are NOT the same as different Protestant denominations. The former are differences in vocation, organization, and work practices. The latter are differences in theology.
Also difference in theological emphasis. For example the Reformers were all Augustinian. Huss, before Rome killed him, and Luther later on.
On many issues Rome and Protestant churches agree. There is a fundamental difference (justification by faith alone) which was ultimately rejected by Rome at the Council of Trent in the mid-sixteenth century.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Also difference in theological emphasis. For example the Reformers were all Augustinian. Huss, before Rome killed him, and Luther later on.
On many issues Rome and Protestant churches agree. There is a fundamental difference (justification by faith alone) which was ultimately rejected by Rome at the Council of Trent in the mid-sixteenth century.
The soil of Britain is stained forever by the battle between transubstantiation and consubstantiation.

Nax5

Reaction score
Whoops. Another glitch.

Hey, while I'm living in your head, I'd like to do some decorating. The "All Lives Do Not Matter" posters and skin lamps are really off-putting.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Whoops. Another glitch.

Hey, while I'm living in your head, I'd like to do some decorating. The "All Lives Do Not Matter" posters and skin lamps are really off-putting.
Glitch? Nah, Naxxy. Just a typing error on my part.

What's new with the CHINA VIRUS / KUNG FLU today?

Wally

Reaction score
This is especially true when those commands, in your judgment, seem so evil.
Evil, no, just ancient history.

Things you deem acceptable would have been deemed evil by Christans in the past. People will continue to evolve as will the church, just at a slower pace. Its inevitable and I take comfort in that.

MennoSota

Reaction score
The soil of Britain is stained forever by the battle between transubstantiation and consubstantiation.
Lutherans and Catholics had a big brawl in England?
Ultimately that was a State fight with theology as its pretense. Good thing the American Baptists got separation of church and state passed in the Bill of Rights.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Evil, no, just ancient history.

Things you deem acceptable would have been deemed evil by Christans in the past. People will continue to evolve as will the church, just at a slower pace. Its inevitable and I take comfort in that.
Wally, read the Babylon Bee satire.

Wally

Reaction score
The last time I was going to Church our priest was 1000% gay, no question. The priest at my childhood church was minus $2000 on the money line gay.

Blizzard

Reaction score
tenor.gif

Wow...just wow... Isn't this the exact thing Jesus railed against with the Pharisees? Does your church/denomination believe in the notion of "priesthood of all believers"?
The ELCA has ordained transsexuals in ministry. You can thank putting people in authority who had no business being there and how does elevating sin connect with the priesthood of all believers?

Top Bottom