Vatican says it will not bless same-sex unions, calling homosexuality a 'sin' and a 'choice'

Nax5

Reaction score
No. Tell us how it changes the Bible.
Forgot to respond to this.

It doesn't change the Bible. It's an examination of abuse of power with the Catholic Church at the center of it. My point would be that no one should listen to anything the Catholic Church has to say. Regarding homosexuality or otherwise.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Forgot to respond to this.

It doesn't change the Bible. It's an examination of abuse of power with the Catholic Church at the center of it. My point would be that no one should listen to anything the Catholic Church has to say. Regarding homosexuality or otherwise.
Let's address your logic.
You agree that it doesn't change the Bible. We are in agreement.

You then assert that the Roman Catholic Church abused the power given to it by the Roman Empire. We are in agreement.

You conclude that no one should listen to anything the Roman Catholic Church has to say. Here we disagree.

You want to throw the Bible out with the Roman Catholic Church. Yet you say the Bible doesn't change, even though the Roman Catholic Church changed.

My point is this. When the Roman Catholic Church confirms what the Bible says, we should listen to the church. It confirms the unchanging word of God. When the RCC speaks outside the Bible and teaches traditions not expressed in the Bible, we should do as you suggest, which is to not listen, but instead listen to the Bible. Where the Bible is silent, we should remain silent. Where the Bible speaks, we should speak.

On the issue of homosexuality, the Roman Catholic Church is confirming the Bible. Therefore we should listen. The sins of the RCC, do not make the Bible moot.

Now, I reiterate, if you are not a Roman Catholic or you do not think the Bible is a moral guide, you are under no obligation to follow or believe the tenants of the faith. Feel free to do what seems right in your own eyes. You are under no constraint of the church or the Bible. The statements of the RCC only apply to its members and to those who recognize the confirmation found in the Bible.

Nax5

Reaction score
Let's address your logic.
You agree that it doesn't change the Bible. We are in agreement.

You then assert that the Roman Catholic Church abused the power given to it by the Roman Empire. We are in agreement.

You conclude that no one should listen to anything the Roman Catholic Church has to say. Here we disagree.

You want to throw the Bible out with the Roman Catholic Church. Yet you say the Bible doesn't change, even though the Roman Catholic Church changed.

My point is this. When the Roman Catholic Church confirms what the Bible says, we should listen to the church. It confirms the unchanging word of God. When the RCC speaks outside the Bible and teaches traditions not expressed in the Bible, we should do as you suggest, which is to not listen, but instead listen to the Bible. Where the Bible is silent, we should remain silent. Where the Bible speaks, we should speak.

On the issue of homosexuality, the Roman Catholic Church is confirming the Bible. Therefore we should listen. The sins of the RCC, do not make the Bible moot.

Now, I reiterate, if you are not a Roman Catholic or you do not think the Bible is a moral guide, you are under no obligation to follow or believe the tenants of the faith. Feel free to do what seems right in your own eyes. You are under no constraint of the church or the Bible. The statements of the RCC only apply to its members and to those who recognize the confirmation found in the Bible.
Fair enough. At this point, I just don't trust the Catholic Church interpretation of the Bible I guess. As I don't believe the Catholic Church has the love of God as a true cornerstone. I believe they mainly care about power/influence and money.

Top Bottom