Vatican says it will not bless same-sex unions, calling homosexuality a 'sin' and a 'choice'

MennoSota

Reaction score
Your version
I never wrote a version, therefore, I accept the many English versions that are translated from the ancient greek and hebrew texts.

Listen, I don't care if you accept or reject the Bible yourself. However, your rejection is based purely on your own dishonesty with the text. That's on you.

MennoSota

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with your false claim that there is a correct version.
You realize, don't you, that I never said that. You may have jumped to such a conclusion, but I never said what you are claiming.
When it comes to English translations I lean toward those that are closest to the Greek or Hebrew words used in the ancient texts. I suggest people read multiple translations and compare them so you get the best understanding. There are greek lexicons and concordances that will help. Also, look up the scholars who did the translation. How were their teams setup and what was the review process to ensure accuracy.
You may be ignorant of the process involved. These are scholars who have spent their whole lives in understanding linguistics. You seem to think it's a bunch of redneck beer drinkers at a corner saloon.

MennoSota

Reaction score
That's fine.

If you're willing to back yourself into a corner to avoid being wrong, so am I.
I'm not in a corner. However, most people can see you are academically out of your element.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
When it comes to English translations I lean toward those that are closest to the Greek or Hebrew words used in the ancient texts.
You "lean towards", as in any version deviating from these you declare as wrong.

Rickman55

Reaction score
God calls us to obedience to His Word. We all fail in doing that. Romans would be a good book to start with if you haven't read it.
Do you ever think for yourself? “God’s” word comes to people in many different ways. It’s too bad you believe the Bible is the be all end all of
”God’s” word. Maybe you actually study the Bible and it’s history.

Rickman55

Reaction score
Depends on the Cardinal. It happened at my church. And now they get no money from me.
Edit
Actually I think its the Bishop. What is the title of the head of the Minneapolis/St Paul Archdiocese?
Archbishop

MennoSota

Reaction score
Most of the Bible was written well after Jesus died.
How far after Jesus do you think the books were written?
The creed, found in 1 Corinthians 15 was likely created within 5 years after Jesus earthly ministry.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Tough to decode this sentence fragment. But regardless, nothing scientific has anything to do with the definitions of sin.

You've never heard of nope science?

Nope science is exactly like actual science, yet it's quite different — in interesting and entertaining ways!

You can make it up as you go. Very creative!

RememberMurray

Reaction score
The Vatican — an extremely powerful entity that has labored long and hard to brush horrific pedophilia and sex abuse scandals under the rug for centuries — has issued a moral ruling.

Well, now... All hail!

Anyone who pays the least bit of attention to anything these old fakers and con artists has to say — especially on any moral question — is a victim of their own delusions.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Folks were inerrant at conveying things word of mouth back then though, right?!?!
As good as a game of telephone.

John is the only gospel not derived from the same source. Look up the gospel of Q. No, not that one, but the original. Not the Star Trek guy either.

MennoSota

Reaction score
The Vatican — an extremely powerful entity that has labored long and hard to brush horrific pedophilia and sex abuse scandals under the rug for centuries — has issued a moral ruling.

Well, now... All hail!

Anyone who pays the least bit of attention to anything these old fakers and con artists has to say — especially on any moral question — is a victim of their own delusions.
It's like they were communist atheists...

MennoSota

Reaction score
As good as a game of telephone.

John is the only gospel not derived from the same source. Look up the gospel of Q. No, not that one, but the original. Not the Star Trek guy either.
Is this another tiktok report...

Blizzard

Reaction score
Do you ever think for yourself? “God’s” word comes to people in many different ways. It’s too bad you believe the Bible is the be all end all of
”God’s” word. Maybe you actually study the Bible and it’s history.
Uh huh. :)

MennoSota

Reaction score
John was written in 90 CE.
Most of the books of the new testament were written before 70 CE. We know this because in 70 CE Rome destroyed Jerusalem and its temple for Israel. The letters of Peter, John, James, Paul and Jude refer to the temple as still existing. 1 Corinthians was likely written around 45CE. Jesus ministry ran until about 30CE.

The arguments that there is a large gap between Jesus and writings is simply not accurate. Luke wrote his history of Jesus and the Church before the fall of Jerusalem. He interviewed eyewitnesses who interacted with Jesus on a daily basis.

Truthfully, the documentation is amazing for works of antiquity.

A person can choose what they will as far as belief. The argument that writers colluded or that the documents are written long after Jesus was on earth is not valid.

Top Bottom