USPS in Trouble

Spoofin

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. You’ve proven my point.

What a joke? It was obvious that Rep Porter was trying to discredit him b/c he doesn’t know the postage cost of a post card or the rate of priority mail. Rep Katie Porter is a joke. She didn’t want to permit him to answer the questions that she asked. The question that he didn’t know the answer to about election ballot volume of the past demonstrates that he hasn’t given much if any thought to election mail, yet the Dem theory is that he is trying to rig the slowing of election ballots. The USPS delivers more mail in one day than if every voter voted by mail. To FOCUS on such a relatively immaterial volume of mail in the first two months on the job would be weird.

He stipulated that he didn’t know all the rates. He is a logistics expert that’s been on the job for 2 months. If anything, his answers (that he could get out over her reclaiming her time) demonstrated that he has had very little personal input into the previously existing plans being implemented by the USPS management. But she wanted him to name the person that initiated these changes before he took office? Why would that matter? Dems accuse him of manipulating the USPS but prove that he hasn’t really done much of anything yet. Congratulations of proving yourself wrong.

So yes, the context of not knowing the answer to the rate of a post card is immaterial to what DeJoy has done in his first two months on the job. And if Rep Porter were running the USPS, it would no doubt continue to increase its spiraling debt b/c she would focus on the cost of mailing a post card and not the overall operational and logistical management of the USPS.

So what did the hearing prove?
Man, I have to shake my head sometimes. Uproar over the head of the USPS not knowing the cost of a postcard? Really? Some would be totally amazed I guess on how little CEOs of large companies know about small "little picture" details like that. These are "big picture" people. But hey, lets blow it up to prove election fraud? WTF.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Man, I have to shake my head sometimes. Uproar over the head of the USPS not knowing the cost of a postcard? Really? Some would be totally amazed I guess on how little CEOs of large companies know about small "little picture" details like that. These are "big picture" people. But hey, lets blow it up to prove election fraud? WTF.
I work at a large company with many more products than the USPS offers and our CEO knows the price (and cost) of most of them.

It's not an outrage that he doesn't know. It's a small thing in a larger pattern of him wanting to dismantle the USPS not based on his own judgments of what's required, but rather because he believes it is in Trump's interest and because he knows it's in his own financial interest.

This is the exact kind of thing Trumpkins pretend to hate: businessmen having influence over the exact parts of the federal government that impact their businesses.

Oh, and KGF said it was a distortion, and then pivoted when I showed it wasn't.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I work at a large company with many more products than the USPS offers and our CEO knows the price (and cost) of most of them.

It's not an outrage that he doesn't know. It's a small thing in a larger pattern of him wanting to dismantle the USPS not based on his own judgments of what's required, but rather because he believes it is in Trump's interest and because he knows it's in his own financial interest.

This is the exact kind of thing Trumpkins pretend to hate: businessmen having influence over the exact parts of the federal government that impact their businesses.

Oh, and KGF said it was a distortion, and then pivoted when I showed it wasn't.
Now wait! Is he doing it to gain $75K in assets from competitors (???) or is it election fraud? If you can prove unethical behavior here, great - have it - that certainly hasn't been done yet. However, speaking of pivots, this whole thread started with an assumption that decommissioning sorting machines was "election fraud in broad daylight". Why has the focus changed so much?

justthefacts

Reaction score
Now wait! Is he doing it to gain $75K in assets from competitors (???) or is it election fraud? If you can prove unethical behavior here, great - have it - that certainly hasn't been done yet. However, speaking of pivots, this whole thread started with an assumption that decommissioning sorting machines was "election fraud in broad daylight". Why has the focus changed so much?
Yes, you're right, corruption could never serve two purposes at once. Trump told Mnuchin he wanted to harm vote by mail, and Mnuchin said, I have just the man.

DeJoy's financial interests are a fact. Trump said he doesn't want to fund the USPS because he wants to impede voting. That's a fact.

The mail slowed down, that's a fact.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
When was the last time any of you on tOTB actually bought a postcard, wrote “Having wonderful time. Wish you were her.”, licked a stamp and mailed it somewhere? How archaic is that!!

STPGopher

Reaction score

USAF

Reaction score
Doesn't know the cost of a postcard = over his head. You are a complete fool.
Doesn't know who initiated the changes he's currently implementing and claims to support = in over his head. Definitely.

You're such a transparent fraud.

howeda7

Reaction score
Doesn't know the cost of a postcard = over his head. You are a complete fool.
Doesn't know who ordered the changes. Didn't foresee the delays that were coming as a result. Can't explain how removing sorting machines and trashing them saves $. A political hack in over his head. You are a visceral Trump boot licker in denial.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Yes, you're right, corruption could never serve two purposes at once. Trump told Mnuchin he wanted to harm vote by mail, and Mnuchin said, I have just the man.

DeJoy's financial interests are a fact. Trump said he doesn't want to fund the USPS because he wants to impede voting. That's a fact.

The mail slowed down, that's a fact.

Not sure how I could say it any clearer. Stop talking to me about mail slowing down and start showing me election fraud. One does not equate the other no matter how many tweets you find that says it does.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Doesn't know who ordered the changes. Didn't foresee the delays that were coming as a result. Can't explain how removing sorting machines and trashing them saves $. A political hack in over his head. You are a visceral Trump boot licker in denial.
Are you as sure about this as you were about Portland? How about COVID data going to the HHS? Umbrella Man? Rioters being from out of State? I’m just trying to gauge exactly how “sure” you are this time.

stocker08

Reaction score
Basically.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Doesn't know the cost of a postcard = over his head.
There was more than that exhibited at the hearing. He claimed not to know who gave the orders to pull the sorting machines or whose policy that was. There were some other "I know nothing" claims as well.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Are you as sure about this as you were about Portland? How about COVID data going to the HHS? Umbrella Man? Rioters being from out of State? I’m just trying to gauge exactly how “sure” you are this time.
Do you understand that these responses to the House committee are available online (both in video and text format)? I know you don't have enough curiosity to check these things out but that doesn't mean others are lacking in that characteristic.

Spoofin

Reaction score
There was more than that exhibited at the hearing. He claimed not to know who gave the orders to pull the sorting machines or whose policy that was. There were some other "I know nothing" claims as well.
Yeah, doesn't sound like he is showing himself in the best light. Maybe he is just being evasive - which would make one wonder why. Still not sure what any of this has to do with election fraud. I'm not willing to make that leap - so I am clearly a Trumpster. Those are the only 2 options, apparently.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Do you understand that these responses to the House committee are available online (both in video and text format)? I know you don't have enough curiosity to check these things out but that doesn't mean others are lacking in that characteristic.
Actually, I have zero interest in checking into this. Howie is the most dishonest poster on this board - hard not to question him.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Not sure how I could say it any clearer. Stop talking to me about mail slowing down and start showing me election fraud. One does not equate the other no matter how many tweets you find that says it does.
This isn’t about slowing the mail and lefties know it. It’s a narrative to disparage and defame Trump to the public, and to recruit their vote and/or have an excuse for their loss, just like the last time.

This IS about state election officials setting realistic deadlines for the mail-in ballots to be counted, having strict enough voter verification standards that ensure that the registered voter is the one submitting the ballot, having unsolicited ballots going to voters no longer residing at the address or even living, preventing votes from being bought by Dem operatives, preventing ballot harvesting, having the resources to tabulate the votes accurately in a timely manner, etc.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Okay then we agree up to now we have seen very, very little fraud. The Trump links address the fraud conversation. Trump has been implying election fraud for a while.

Unfortunately suppression has been a problem in this country.
Do I have this right? “Sowing the seeds of doubt” here benefits the Republicans because although equal numbers of democrats and republicans may now be less likely to vote-by-mail (thinking it is corrupt), less democrats will actually vote in person as when all these “would have been vote by mailers” go to vote in person the voter lines in blue areas will be longer than in red areas and so more democrats will get discouraged and go home without voting.

USAF

Reaction score
Do I have this right? “Sowing the seeds of doubt” here benefits the Republicans because although equal numbers of democrats and republicans may now be less likely to vote-by-mail (thinking it is corrupt), less democrats will actually vote in person as when all these “would have been vote by mailers” go to vote in person the voter lines in blue areas will be longer than in red areas and so more democrats will get discouraged and go home without voting.
Which party is screaming bloody murder about voting by mail? Which candidate has been screaming about the evils of voting by mail for months?
You're not really this stupid, which makes you a fraud.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Let's just make it simple. Prior to 2017, we could count on the President of the United States being the champion for the Executive Branch of Government, the Military, Law Enforcement, etc. We counted on the President to instill faith. Now? He questions the election process. The very thing that makes this democracy special. He, the Commander in Chief openly questions Military personnel. He rails on the FBI...

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/06/election-confidence-fraud/612358/

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/05/trump-out-open/611875/

The Weird Partisan Math of Vote-by-Mail

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-frederica-wilson-gold-star-la-david-johnson-2017-10

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tru...defends-report-finding-anti/story?id=67622299

‘Dirty, filthy cops’?

Spoofin

Reaction score
Let's just make it simple. Prior to 2017, we could count on the President of the United States being the champion for the Executive Branch of Government, the Military, Law Enforcement, etc. We counted on the President to instill faith. Now? He questions the election process. The very thing that makes this democracy special. He, the Commander in Chief openly questions Military personnel. He rails on the FBI...

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/06/election-confidence-fraud/612358/

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-frederica-wilson-gold-star-la-david-johnson-2017-10

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tru...defends-report-finding-anti/story?id=67622299

‘Dirty, filthy cops’?
What an odd response. You didn't even try to answer my question or stay on topic.
Was my summary correct on how you see this playing out or not? I'm honestly trying to interpret what you have told me earlier in this thread. Did I summarize correctly?

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score

‘Dirty, filthy cops’?
> We counted on the President to instill faith. Now? He questions the election process. The very thing that makes this democracy special.

No, it is the Dems that are questioning (well, trying to subvert is probably the better description) the election process.

They are trying to change it from a known process, which includes provisions for absentee balloting, which is sufficient for anyone who can't physically get to a polling booth to vote, or who does not feel (Covid) safe doing so, to a "mail out voting" process that is inherently insecure (no guarantee the right person gets it, lack of chain-of-command control, possible vote harvesting and voting on dead-peoples ballots) and offers only the down-side of many invalidated or lost votes.

The only reason the Dems want this mass mail out (and then mail back in) voting change is so that they can do voting forgery and try to steal the election.

Top Bottom