USPS in Trouble

WAGopher

Reaction score
First, We can all reply to anyone we’d like. If you want a private discussion, try FaceBook groups.

Second, Let me clean up that post. It seems to have include a lot of different quotes.
No, I was talking to 45north.

Section2

Reaction score
It’s not anecdotal to those needing their medications.

I never said it was a giant conspiracy. Important mistakes were made in some locations. It could be honest mistak

First, I’m not claiming anything about a conspiracy

The establishment of the Post Office is in Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution. It wasn’t, as you opine, “so they could be more efficient.” It was so communications from all parts of the country would be swift and unencumbered by any other entity or by geography (states, private business, lack of roads, etc).

It‘s very apparent that the recent changes to the Post Office by the Trump administration have caused enough mailing delays to become a national concern. It was enough of a concern that the Republican led Senate just conducted hearings to find out the cause of the delays.
Using anecdotes to prove something does not work. Anecdotes can raise questions which should be investigated. I doubt this investigation will reveal much. The USPS has been a subject of ridicule my entire adult life. This newfound reverence for it and fear of it being tampered with is kind of funny and pretty standard TDS type stuff.

The constitution grants the power to create a post office, not an obligation.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
What? The Twins made the playoffs the last 2 out of 3 years!

Now, not being able to win a game once they get there, that’s another question.
Yes that was after they figured from outside the organization. I was talking when Dave St. Peter was promoted to president and Terry Ryan was brought back to be GM. Remember the Nishioka days with sano playing right field so he would lose weight...those fun years where they won 70 games a year.

WAGopher

Reaction score
Using anecdotes to prove something does not work. Anecdotes can raise questions which should be investigated. I doubt this investigation will reveal much. The USPS has been a subject of ridicule my entire adult life. This newfound reverence for it and fear of it being tampered with is kind of funny and pretty standard TDS type stuff.

The constitution grants the power to create a post office, not an obligation.
We agree that anectdotes don't prove much on their own. However, enough of them can raise concerns that may cause an investigation to begin. Just as what happened in the Senate a few days ago.

I'm not sure how something in the Constitution can not be an obligation. It clearly gives the responsibility to the Federal government to run a post office.

WAGopher

Reaction score
Yes that was after they figured from outside the organization. I was talking when Dave St. Peter was promoted to president and Terry Ryan was brought back to be GM. Remember the Nishioka days with sano playing right field so he would lose weight...those fun years where they won 70 games a year.
Gotcha! I thought you meant the recent Twins.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
First, We can all reply to anyone we’d like. If you want a private discussion, try FaceBook groups.

Second, Let me clean up that post. It seems to have include a lot of different quotes.
You can reply if you want, but I was addressing my response to a comment another poster posted.

howeda7

Reaction score
Were they directions to stop overtime or were they directed to deliberately not deliver mail to people.
Allegedly they have been told to leave a certain amount of mail behind. It would still be delivered eventually, but you leave even 5% behind each day, eventually it's a cluster-^^ck, which is the point.

howeda7

Reaction score
It’s difficult to type from a phone with all the ads. My point was the twins continued to promote from within for 5-8 years after their glory days and they went no where. Maybe the postal service needed some fresh blood as opposed to career civil servants that’s only know one certain way of doing things.
If he wasn't a Trump MEGA-donor, with financial conflicts of interest who is taking steps to slow down mail service at the same time Trump is screaming BS about mail in ballots, he might get the benefit of the doubt. As it is he gets none.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Allegedly they have been told to leave a certain amount of mail behind. It would still be delivered eventually, but you leave even 5% behind each day, eventually it's a cluster-^^ck, which is the point.
You will believe ANYTHING you hear that confirms your already cemented opinion. ANYTHING.

howeda7

Reaction score
You will believe ANYTHING you hear that confirms your already cemented opinion. ANYTHING.
Pot Kettle. I believe the words of actual USPS employees with little incentive to lie over the BS spin of Trump lackeys with all the incentive to do so.

USAF

Reaction score
You made similar “reasoning” in the HHS thread, the Portland thread, etc. You are a sheep.
Hey look, there's "not a Trump Voter Spoof" leaping to Trump's defense! Yet again!

"No, up is down! Trump didn't say that! Butwhattabout that other thing??"

Fraud.

STPGopher

Reaction score
You said there didn’t need to be actual fraud to affect the election. You said “sowing seeds of doubt” could do that. I asked how and what side that would help/hurt. To that I don’t think you have answered.
If I said I knew with all certainty I would be lying. If I were to guess, It would impact urban centers more. Why? Urban areas (Not in Minnesota) appear to have more lines for voting.

If people lack faith in voting (doubt, real or perceived) and are turned away due to long lines, then that could have impact. Or maybe it won't.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/15/upshot/2020-election-turnout-analysis.html

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/21/trump-black-voters-turnout-2016-398520

Spoofin

Reaction score
If I said I knew with all certainty I would be lying. If I were to guess, It would impact urban centers more. Why? Urban areas (Not in Minnesota) appear to have more lines for voting.

If people lack faith in voting (doubt, real or perceived) and are turned away due to long lines, then that could have impact. Or maybe it won't.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/15/upshot/2020-election-turnout-analysis.html

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/21/trump-black-voters-turnout-2016-398520
OK. But if this is the grand plan - then it is actually the media and the rest of the left that is implementing it - not the current administration. Those are the only people yelling “election fraud”.

WAGopher

Reaction score
OK. But if this is the grand plan - then it is actually the media and the rest of the left that is implementing it - not the current administration. Those are the only people yelling “election fraud”.
Very curious statement. So you are saying that the people concerned about election fraud and bringing the possibilty to people’s attention, are same ones that are implementing it? The logic baffles me.

Section2

Reaction score
I'm not sure how something in the Constitution can not be an obligation. It clearly gives the responsibility to the Federal government to run a post office.
Because you probably don’t know that the constitutions Is a set of enumerated powers granted to the federal government.

WAGopher

Reaction score
Because you probably don’t know that the constitutions Is a set of enumerated powers granted to the federal government.
Maybe you can’t explain your position, so you resort to belittling my knowledge. If you can, please do so.

Section2

Reaction score
Maybe you can’t explain your position, so you resort to belittling my knowledge. If you can, please do so.
I'm not trying to belittle, it is literally an explanation. Your misunderstanding is not with the section specifically related to the Post Office, your misunderstanding is in the purpose of the entire constitution. You are not alone.
Put another way, you can think of the bill of rights as a list of things the federal government can do, every other power is granted to the states.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Very curious statement. So you are saying that the people concerned about election fraud and bringing the possibilty to people’s attention, are same ones that are implementing it? The logic baffles me.
This whole story started with reports that de-commissioning sorting machines was "election fraud in broad daylight." I dispute that assumption as with the growing number of other conspiracies that have been promoted and then debunked just recently. Those that refuse to see a trend are simply turning a blind eye at this point.

To that, STP said that no actual fraud needs to take place to affect the election - only "sowing the seeds of doubt" has to happen. What I am saying is that the only parties "sowing the seeds of doubt" here are the media and lefties that are yelling "election fraud." Wouldn't it be fitting if their "concern" and "bringing the possibility to people's attention" (which of course is misrepresenting what has happened tremendously) is what actually creates the voter suppression that STP is worried about.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
This whole story started with reports that de-commissioning sorting machines was "election fraud in broad daylight." I dispute that assumption as with the growing number of other conspiracies that have been promoted and then debunked just recently. Those that refuse to see a trend are simply turning a blind eye at this point.

To that, STP said that no actual fraud needs to take place to affect the election - only "sowing the seeds of doubt" has to happen. What I am saying is that the only parties "sowing the seeds of doubt" here are the media and lefties that are yelling "election fraud." Wouldn't it be fitting if their "concern" and "bringing the possibility to people's attention" (which of course is misrepresenting what has happened tremendously) is what actually creates the voter suppression that STP is worried about.
There have been a number of anti-Trump conspiracies and stories in the last week, of course this being the biggest along with the CV assistance bill, but also Trump’s sister recordings, Melania‘s Rose Garden, and others.

The Democrats and the liberal media complex are well in sync. They are really in hyper-drive.

Spoofin

Reaction score
There have been a number of anti-Trump conspiracies and stories in the last week, of course this being the biggest along with the CV assistance bill, but also Trump’s sister recordings, Melania‘s Rose Garden, and others.

The Democrats and the liberal media complex are well in sync. They are really in hyper-drive.
Yeah - the trees in the rose garden is my personal favorite. I'm waiting for a picture of Trump & Putin with a chain saw.

stocker08

Reaction score
Hey look, there's "not a Trump Voter Spoof" leaping to Trump's defense! Yet again!

"No, up is down! Trump didn't say that! Butwhattabout that other thing??"

Fraud.
Leave Sheepin alone. He's so moderate that he knows the MSM is always bad and Trump is actually really good.

stocker08

Reaction score

But screams of "voter fraud!" and the subsequent tearing down of the postal infrastructure don't register with you. Trump basically admitted to what is happening.

WAGopher

Reaction score
I'm not trying to belittle, it is literally an explanation. Your misunderstanding is not with the section specifically related to the Post Office, your misunderstanding is in the purpose of the entire constitution. You are not alone.
Put another way, you can think of the bill of rights as a list of things the federal government can do, every other power is granted to the states.
So are you saying the Constitution allows for having a Post Office, but doesn’t mandate having one?

WAGopher

Reaction score

I understand this, but it’s not what you wrote.

I agree that there isn’t any concrete proof the Post Office changes were done to affect the election. However, I agree with the concern people have that the changes very well could affect the election.

Seeds of doubt have been planted by both sides. So much so, even our President is questioning it’s legitimacy. Over the years, it’s happened so often about one third of our country never votes.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Again, suppression would apply here if that is what is going on. I won't get into election fraud. I will just say that IMHO, large urban areas will most likely be impacted the most. They have already felt it and many of their votes in primaries were not counted (Rejected/disqualified). If you add in increased centralization, now it can influence rural routes. Picture a letter going from Jordan, Mn to Belle Plain, Mn. having to first go to Minneapolis (from Jordan) then back out to Belle Plain. Rand Paul's solution for such rural routes was to just reduce service to twice a week instead of six days a week.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...7fbe92-db3d-11ea-809e-b8be57ba616e_story.html

I will also say this. The recent level of service has significantly declined in the eyes of the customers (The US citizens). That is where many comments regarding prescription drugs and other necessities came from. The impact has been sudden and dramatic. Back to the seeds of doubt...

STPGopher

Reaction score
But screams of "voter fraud!" and the subsequent tearing down of the postal infrastructure don't register with you. Trump basically admitted to what is happening.

The seeds of doubt are also being sown by a recently somewhat challenged USPS. Forget the why's for a moment. Complaints of late deliveries are frequent. There appears to be some assignable causes. Enough so, it warrants an investigation to see what is going on now at the Post Office.

Change may be necessary, but currently, the new plan(s) don't seem to be working well.

STPGopher

Reaction score

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38746559

Seems to work for the President :

TRUMP COMES UP EMPTY WHEN PRESSED FOR EVIDENCE OF ELECTION FRAUD IN COURT

Trump spreads new lies about foreign-backed voter fraud, stoking fears of a 'rigged election' this November
Republicans are right; election fraud is real. They are perpetrating it.

Seems to work for the President II:

Trump campaign fails to provide evidence of Pa. mail-in ballot fraud, claims it doesn't have to

BTW I did not express concern. I just stated how it could be viewed/ happen.

61 Forms of Voter Suppression

howeda7

Reaction score

Melania's Rose Garden and the recording of Trump' sister aren't "conspiracies." Neither is the slowdown of the USPS. Yet another word you don't seem to know the meaning of.

Top Bottom