USPS in Trouble

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
And you think this somehow means they are an independent body totally not influenced by him at all?
The one Democrat worked in the Obama administration. Man for people who think Trump is dumb you guys certainly give him a lot of credit for masterminding the dismantling of the US.

howeda7

Reaction score
The one Democrat worked in the Obama administration. Man for people who think Trump is dumb you guys certainly give him a lot of credit for masterminding the dismantling of the US.
I don't think he "mastermined" the specifics. DeJoy is a Trump lackey and donor. Trump told him what he wanted done and he's getting it done.

Getting DeJoy approved by 4 Republicans Trump appointed to the board is not some great feat or a sign that DeJoy is well-qualified. He's the first Postmaster General in decades to have zero experience working for the postal service. It's clear why he was chosen.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
I don't think he "mastermined" the specifics. DeJoy is a Trump lackey and donor. Trump told him what he wanted done and he's getting it done.

Getting DeJoy approved by 4 Republicans Trump appointed to the board is not some great feat or a sign that DeJoy is well-qualified. He's the first Postmaster General in decades to have zero experience working for the postal service. It's clear why he was chosen.
So 2 things
- DeJoy built a logistics company from 1983 to 2014, so I assume he has some knowledge of how to get a piece of paper from Minneapolis to Boston.

- you ever think that maybe continuing to promote from within is not the best idea for a gigantic government entity. Maybe Some fresh blood from the private sector is exactly what a money losing entity needs. There is no reason the post office can not generate a profit while successfully delivering the mail.

the Minnesota Twins continues to promote from within and look stagnate they become the last 5-8 years in a changing league.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
One of the more intelligent things said by a Dem Senator at the USPS Postmaster hearing:

Spoofin

Reaction score

You really are a complete fool.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Multiple USPS employees have said the opposite of what DeJoy said today. He claimed to "not know" about the machines being removed. They said it was explicitly ordered by him. They have said the machines are being destroyed. Why would they do that if they're "making room"? That would be at best an egregious waste of millions of dollars. Then there's the little fact that the machines are being removed in mostly swing states, etc.

You expect everyone to take the Trump lackey at his word and declare "issue over." Good luck with that.
Not that you’ll care or believe it, but a Republican congressman said that the sorting machines are running at 35% capacity.

Unless you’re expecting a massive increase in letter mail over an extended period of time for some unlikely and improbable reason, they have way more sorting machines than they need.

Maybe that’s the reason they are being dismantled.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Well, I’m saying that all this about the happenings with the USPS being “election fraud in broad daylight” is complete nonsense. All the other stories about chicks dying and prescriptions being late are distractions from the initial complete nonsense claim.

At this point, I have no idea what you are arguing as you seem to be changing with each post so I can’t comment on whether or not we agree - but, no, I do not think election fraud is a big issue in the US.
My point never changed. The comments I were addressing your comment about how late mail/ package shipments can morph into thoughts/ concerns of voter fraud. I also mentioned that the slowing of mail wouldn't be fraud, it could however be a form of voter suppression.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Not that you’ll care or believe it, but a Republican congressman said that the sorting machines are running at 35% capacity.

Unless you’re expecting a massive increase in letter mail over an extended period of time for some unlikely and improbable reason, they have way more sorting machines than they need.

Maybe that’s the reason they are being dismantled.
The sorting machines may, or may not be a cause, but there is a slow down of processing mail, and a decline in customer confidence. Like DeJoy himself implied, the buck stops with him.

Minnesota

Reaction score
Nope. Your girl called Biden all sorts of bad names. Now they are best buds.

And....she is not a moderate.
She’s a former prosecutor. Try as you may to paint her as some kind of communist, she is not one.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
I guess you thought this was a coherent and good point?
It’s difficult to type from a phone with all the ads. My point was the twins continued to promote from within for 5-8 years after their glory days and they went no where. Maybe the postal service needed some fresh blood as opposed to career civil servants that’s only know one certain way of doing things.

Spoofin

Reaction score
My point never changed. The comments I were addressing your comment about how late mail/ package shipments can morph into thoughts/ concerns of voter fraud. I also mentioned that the slowing of mail wouldn't be fraud, it could however be a form of voter suppression.
You said there didn’t need to be actual fraud to affect the election. You said “sowing seeds of doubt” could do that. I asked how and what side that would help/hurt. To that I don’t think you have answered.

WAGopher

Reaction score
We gave the USPS a monopoly on the first-class market so they could be more efficient and effective in their operations. They've done such a great job, that now the libs want to hand over our entire medical sector to the same gov't bureaucrats. Sounds like a great idea to me. I can't wait for ER rooms to be as efficient as say the Motor Vehicle Department, and hospitals to be as effective as the postal service. Once the libs get control of our hospitals, Howie's "Thousands of Chicks Dying" due to gov't screw ups takes on a whole new meaning.
The establishment of the Post Office is in Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution. It wasn’t, as you opine, “so they could be more efficient.” It was so communications from all parts of the country would be swift and unencumbered by any other entity or by geography (states, private business, lack of roads, etc).

It‘s very apparent that the recent changes to the Post Office by the Trump administration have caused enough mailing delays to become a national concern. It was enough of a concern that the Republican led Senate just conducted hearings to find out the cause of the delays.

Last edited:

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
It’s not anecdotal to those needing their medications.

I never said it was a giant conspiracy. Important mistakes were made in some locations. It could be honest mistak

First, I’m not claiming anything about a conspiracy

The establishment of the Post Office is in Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution. It wasn’t, as you opine, “so they could be more efficient.” It was so communications from all parts of the country would be swift and unencumbered by any other entity or by geography (states, private business, lack of roads, etc).

It‘s very apparent that the recent changes to the Post Office by the Trump administration have caused enough mailing delays to become a national concern. It was enough of a concern that the Republican led Senate just conducted hearings to find out the cause of the delays.
Was I talking to you?

WAGopher

Reaction score
the Minnesota Twins continues to promote from within and look stagnate they become the last 5-8 years in a changing league.
What? The Twins made the playoffs the last 2 out of 3 years!

Now, not being able to win a game once they get there, that’s another question.

WAGopher

Reaction score
Was I talking to you?
First, We can all reply to anyone we’d like. If you want a private discussion, try FaceBook groups.

Second, Let me clean up that post. It seems to have include a lot of different quotes.

Top Bottom