USPS in Trouble

howeda7

Reaction score
I’m not of the same opinion as S2 on the subject of USPS. I believe that it provides a public service for the country and should be a part of our infrastructure. However, they are set up as a pay per use service that should be managed in an efficient manner that doesn’t require the federal government to bail them out of financial hardships absent aberrations of natural or manmade disaster.

The value that the US Military returns to the USA are incalculable.
A significant part of their financial issues is having to fund the pensions an unreasonable # of years into the future, something to no other government entity has to do. You can thank W for that one.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Agreed. We shouldn’t be bailing out private citizens either.
We shouldn't collect any taxes beyond enough to fund the courts, scaled back military, law enforcment, and to smartly pay down the debt.

John Galt

Reaction score
So is the government.

Why are you complaining?
They shouldn’t be. Why should government workers receive benefits far in excess of what taxpayers can typically receive in the private sector?

howeda7

Reaction score
Thousands of chicks arrive dead to farmers amid USPS turmoil

PORTLAND, Maine — At least 4,800 chicks shipped to Maine farmers through the U.S. Postal Service have arrived dead in recent weeks after rapid cuts hit the federal mail carrier's operations, U.S. Rep. Chellie Pingree said.

Pingree, a Maine Democrat, is raising the issue of the dead chicks and the losses farms are facing in a letter to Postmaster General Louis DeJoy and U.S. Department of Agriculture Commissioner Sonny Perdue, The Portland Press Herald reported.

Pauline Henderson, who owns Pine Tree Poultry in New Sharon, Maine, told the newspaper she was shocked last week when all of the 800 chicks sent to her from a hatchery in Pennsylvania were dead.

"Usually they arrive every three weeks like clockwork," she said. "And out of 100 birds you may have one or two that die in shipping."

Thousands of birds that moved through the Postal Service's processing center in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts, were also dead, impacting several farms in Maine and New Hampshire, Henderson said.

Steve Doherty, a spokesman for the USPS, said the agency "can't locate a claim being filed for this loss." Some animals, including live chicks, can be mailed safely under proper conditions.

"It's one more of the consequences of this disorganization, this sort of chaos they've created at the post office and nobody thought through when they were thinking of slowing down the mail," Pingree said, adding that her office has received dozens of complaints from farmers and others trying to raise a small flock of chickens in the backyard.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Thousands of chicks arrive dead to farmers amid USPS turmoil

PORTLAND, Maine — At least 4,800 chicks shipped to Maine farmers through the U.S. Postal Service have arrived dead in recent weeks after rapid cuts hit the federal mail carrier's operations, U.S. Rep. Chellie Pingree said.

Pingree, a Maine Democrat, is raising the issue of the dead chicks and the losses farms are facing in a letter to Postmaster General Louis DeJoy and U.S. Department of Agriculture Commissioner Sonny Perdue, The Portland Press Herald reported.

Pauline Henderson, who owns Pine Tree Poultry in New Sharon, Maine, told the newspaper she was shocked last week when all of the 800 chicks sent to her from a hatchery in Pennsylvania were dead.

"Usually they arrive every three weeks like clockwork," she said. "And out of 100 birds you may have one or two that die in shipping."

Thousands of birds that moved through the Postal Service's processing center in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts, were also dead, impacting several farms in Maine and New Hampshire, Henderson said.

Steve Doherty, a spokesman for the USPS, said the agency "can't locate a claim being filed for this loss." Some animals, including live chicks, can be mailed safely under proper conditions.

"It's one more of the consequences of this disorganization, this sort of chaos they've created at the post office and nobody thought through when they were thinking of slowing down the mail," Pingree said, adding that her office has received dozens of complaints from farmers and others trying to raise a small flock of chickens in the backyard.

Well at least they had space to die in. That space was for the packages, right?

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Since when has that been your mantra? 98% of your posts are raging against the things he says, and maybe 2% on actual things he's done.
I think you're giving Howie too much credit here, 2% is a pretty high guess.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
We shouldn't collect any taxes beyond enough to fund the courts, scaled back military, law enforcment, and to smartly pay down the debt.
I don’t remember Marco Rubio, your alleged candidate in 2016, running on those principles. Odd how you ended up voting for him. You really should’ve voted for Rand.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
We gave the USPS a monopoly on the first-class market so they could be more efficient and effective in their operations. They've done such a great job, that now the libs want to hand over our entire medical sector to the same gov't bureaucrats. Sounds like a great idea to me. I can't wait for ER rooms to be as efficient as say the Motor Vehicle Department, and hospitals to be as effective as the postal service. Once the libs get control of our hospitals, Howie's "Thousands of Chicks Dying" due to gov't screw ups takes on a whole new meaning.

STPGopher

Reaction score
There is no “issue”. I’d love to see you prove there is an election fraud “issue” here without the use of (selective) Twitter Posts.
So are you saying that election fraud is not an issue in the U.S.? Then we agree.

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/research-reports/10-voter-fraud-lies-debunked

Besides the issue here isn't fraud actually, it's voter suppression.

https://www.theday.com/letters-to-the-editor/20200820/slowing-mail-is-voter-suppression

Section2

Reaction score
I don’t know the details of their P&L, but I would be curious to see how much they are paying retired workers in pensions and benefits compared with people actually working. We had a friend of the family who was a mail carrier and basically retired at 50 years old so he could become a farmer. Full health benefits for life and pension that was almost what he made while working. Not exactly a robust business model that is sustainable.
This is the problem with most government spending. State, local, unions, pensions. All unsustainable.

Spoofin

Reaction score
So are you saying that election fraud is not an issue in the U.S.? Then we agree.

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/research-reports/10-voter-fraud-lies-debunked

Besides the issue here isn't fraud actually, it's voter suppression.

https://www.theday.com/letters-to-the-editor/20200820/slowing-mail-is-voter-suppression
Well, I’m saying that all this about the happenings with the USPS being “election fraud in broad daylight” is complete nonsense. All the other stories about chicks dying and prescriptions being late are distractions from the initial complete nonsense claim.

At this point, I have no idea what you are arguing as you seem to be changing with each post so I can’t comment on whether or not we agree - but, no, I do not think election fraud is a big issue in the US.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
I don’t remember Marco Rubio, your alleged candidate in 2016, running on those principles. Odd how you ended up voting for him. You really should’ve voted for Rand.
I said Rand was my first choice. Rubio was 2nd.

I was also being somewhat facetious.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Trump appointed all 6 of the people but please do keep going.
howie prefers to talk out his ass, hoping that you won’t bother to point out how wrong he is. He figures if he does enough of it, some of it might stick. howie just doesn’t understand that everything that lefties and Trump-haters say on Twitter isn’t true.

howeda7

Reaction score
Marco sold his principles to bow to a man he called a con and a fraud. He has no principles left.

howeda7

Reaction score
howie just doesn’t understand that everything that lefties and Trump-haters say on Twitter isn’t true.
Certainly it's not all true. But the batting average is certainly higher than the RWNJ sources you Fellas use or a typical Trump daily "press conference."

Top Bottom