USPS in Trouble

howeda7

Reaction score
And what is the proof that this has delayed mail? That unneeded sorting machines have been removed. That’s not proof of delays. Complaints about the USPS to Democrat congressmen? That’s been happening since forever. The left and the media are making stuff up.

The USPS processes more mail deliveries in one day than the total number of people voting in the presidential election. They can process all the votes if the state properly provides accurate deadlines for mailings.

Democrats need to stop lying to the public!
Multiple USPS employees have said the opposite of what DeJoy said today. He claimed to "not know" about the machines being removed. They said it was explicitly ordered by him. They have said the machines are being destroyed. Why would they do that if they're "making room"? That would be at best an egregious waste of millions of dollars. Then there's the little fact that the machines are being removed in mostly swing states, etc.

You expect everyone to take the Trump lackey at his word and declare "issue over." Good luck with that.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
In the quality world it's called quality metrics.

On time delivery is a quality metric. Customer complaints are as well.

https://project-management-knowledge.com/definitions/q/quality-metrics/#:~:text=Examples of the quality metrics,failure rate and defect frequency.

https://blog.lnsresearch.com/quality-metrics-customer-complaints-benchmark-data

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...spite-suspension-policies-blamed-mail-delays/

While the problem might not totally be sorting machine related, the shift is notable and there appears to be an assignable cause. Shift in labor resources and centralization could also be causes.
Anagnostopoulos said it appearsDeJoy’s new policies have contributed to some new delays, but most of the problem appeared to be driven by “edge cases” — places hit hard by the coronavirus, such as a mail-processing site in Louisiana that at one point earlier this year lost most of its workforce for a brief period.
The Postal Service faced other pandemic-related problems. The agency warned in Aprilthat covid-19 would cause priority mail’s two- to three-day service commitment to be extended to up to four days. In May, an outbreak temporarily closed a mail facility in Denver that services Colorado and Wyoming. More than 25,000 postal workers had been quarantined by early June, according to the National Association of Letter Carriers.

Right out of the article.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Multiple USPS employees have said the opposite of what DeJoy said today. He claimed to "not know" about the machines being removed. They said it was explicitly ordered by him. They have said the machines are being destroyed. Why would they do that if they're "making room"? That would be at best an egregious waste of millions of dollars. Then there's the little fact that the machines are being removed in mostly swing states, etc.

You expect everyone to take the Trump lackey at his word and declare "issue over." Good luck with that.
You realize he was approved by Board of Governor's of the United States Postal service. The board is currently made up of 4 Republicans and 2 Democrats.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score

Why don’t you just say that it’s your opinion b/c that is not proof.

Multiple USPS employees? Wow. Which ones? The USPS union head or members? Those are called anecdotes, not proof.

”Not know” what? DeJoy did not say he did not know about the machines. He said the machines are coming out b/c they aren’t needed. Postal sorting machines are very specific purpose machines. They can’t be turned into anything else. If they have no need for them, what would be the purpose of keeping them? Do you think the phone company kept all those rotary phones that they used to use?

About the swing states, that’s total BS. You posted that Tweet that ignored machines coming out in California, New York, and Illinois. Are those swing states?

Now...provide some actual proof or shut your yap.

Panthadad2

Reaction score
Why don’t you just say that it’s your opinion b/c that is not proof.

Multiple USPS employees? Wow. Which ones? The USPS union head or members? Those are called anecdotes, not proof.

”Not know” what? DeJoy did not say he did not know about the machines. He said the machines are coming out b/c they aren’t needed. Postal sorting machines are very specific purpose machines. They can’t be turned into anything else. If they have no need for them, what would be the purpose of keeping them? Do you think the phone company kept all those rotary phones that they used to use?

About the swing states, that’s total BS. You posted that Tweet that ignored machines coming out in California, New York, and Illinois. Are those swing states?

Now...provide some actual proof or shut your yap.
Hmmmm. Could this be a hint as to why fewer mail sorting machines are needed? Some people are obtuse.

mail volume.png

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Any reduction in staffing or resources for the USPS would be very troubling. There's not a doubt in my mind that I have used their services for sending/shipping at LEAST 3 or 4 times in the last 6 or 8 years. Easily

GopherJake

Reaction score
Of course there's not a conspiracy. This would be the dumbest conspiracy of all time. We should get rid of USPS if it can't operate without losing money. But this is more likely an effort to save USPS than get rid of it.
We should get rid of the US Military if it can't operate without losing money.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Creation of lack of confidence in the USPS and their processes and by default Mail in Votes. Mix in inflation of alleged voter fraud, and you are there.

Stepping out of bound for a moment. This is where concerns about Russian interference (and other questions ) start to arise. You don't always have to directly interfere. You just have to sow seeds of doubt.
So, if no actual fraud, what is the result of these “seeds of doubt” that impacts the election? Why does that benefit Trump? This conversation has moved into looney bird land for sure.

No worries, when this conspiracy dies down (and it will), we’ll move on to the next. HHS vs CDC, Feds in Portland, USPS, etc., etc. Talk about “sowing seeds”. The biggest problem here is that a real conspiracy could come up and thinking minds won’t pay attention anymore.

Spoofin

Reaction score

There is no “issue”. I’d love to see you prove there is an election fraud “issue” here without the use of (selective) Twitter Posts.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Chicks and ducklings are delivered dead. They're getting crushed by other mail or they're dying from sitting around for a week instead if a day or two. Despicable.

STPGopher

Reaction score

Of course I am speculating,but it sounds like Liquidation...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquidation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_raid

STPGopher

Reaction score
So, if no actual fraud, what is the result of these “seeds of doubt” that impacts the election? Why does that benefit Trump? This conversation has moved into looney bird land for sure.

No worries, when this conspiracy dies down (and it will), we’ll move on to the next. HHS vs CDC, Feds in Portland, USPS, etc., etc. Talk about “sowing seeds”. The biggest problem here is that a real conspiracy could come up and thinking minds won’t pay attention anymore.
Who would this impact the most?

Spoofin

Reaction score
Who would this impact the most?
Odd question to ask me. I’m asking you how “seeds of doubt” impacts the election without any actual election fraud? That is what you claimed.

If you want my opinion, well... what I think could impact the election is convincing people that Trump is doing election fraud based on complete nonsense. Just like that COVID data being reported to the HHS proves an intent to corrupt it. Just like all the nonsense (and there was a lot of it) reported about Portland. See where I am going with this?

So, if this USPS/Election fraud story isn’t complete nonsense then let’s here how “sowing the seeds of doubt” alone can benefit Trump.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Odd question to ask me. I’m asking you how “seeds of doubt” impacts the election without any actual election fraud? That is what you claimed.

If you want my opinion, well... what I think could impact the election is convincing people that Trump is doing election fraud based on complete nonsense. Just like that COVID data being reported to the HHS proves an intent to corrupt it. Just like all the nonsense (and there was a lot of it) reported about Portland. See where I am going with this?

So, if this USPS/Election fraud story isn’t complete nonsense then let’s here how “sowing the seeds of doubt” alone can benefit Trump.
"

Spoofin said:
How is it that someone’s prescription getting delayed is connected to election fraud?" The response was to that question.

Moving along.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Tru...me..69i57.14272j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/30/trump-voting-republicans/

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
We should get rid of the US Military if it can't operate without losing money.
I’m not of the same opinion as S2 on the subject of USPS. I believe that it provides a public service for the country and should be a part of our infrastructure. However, they are set up as a pay per use service that should be managed in an efficient manner that doesn’t require the federal government to bail them out of financial hardships absent aberrations of natural or manmade disaster.

The value that the US Military returns to the USA are incalculable.

Section2

Reaction score
I’m not of the same opinion as S2 on the subject of USPS. I believe that it provides a public service for the country and should be a part of our infrastructure. However, they are set up as a pay per use service that should be managed in an efficient manner that doesn’t require the federal government to bail them out of financial hardships absent aberrations of natural or manmade disaster.

A) I'm constantly told that the USPS pays for itself and does not require bailouts, and that's why we should keep it, despite having absolutely no need. so if that changes, you're going to have to come up with a new argument.
B) I don't think most of what our military does adds any value, I'm in favor of gigantic cuts and bringing home the troops. But obviously this comparison is ridiculous.

John Galt

Reaction score
I don’t know the details of their P&L, but I would be curious to see how much they are paying retired workers in pensions and benefits compared with people actually working. We had a friend of the family who was a mail carrier and basically retired at 50 years old so he could become a farmer. Full health benefits for life and pension that was almost what he made while working. Not exactly a robust business model that is sustainable.

Spoofin

Reaction score

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I don’t know the details of their P&L, but I would be curious to see how much they are paying retired workers in pensions and benefits compared with people actually working. We had a friend of the family who was a mail carrier and basically retired at 50 years old so he could become a farmer. Full health benefits for life and pension that was almost what he made while working. Not exactly a robust business model that is sustainable.
Government services and independent public services shouldn’t be money pits to be mismanaged and bailed out with taxpayer money, but unfortunately, that is case when it’s someone else’s money.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Government services and independent public services shouldn’t be money pits to be mismanaged and bailed out with taxpayer money, but unfortunately, that is case when it’s someone else’s money.
Absolutely correct. We also shouldn't be bailing out private industry or subsidizing them, like big oil.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Why do government workers still receive pensions? They are a relic from the past that aren’t offered to private sector workers. Give them a matching 401k and watch the USPS and all government expenditures shrink dramatically.
Maybe they should be offered to private sector workers.

GoodasGold

Reaction score

I have marvelous stamp collection. Many people who have seen it were impressed strongly. Stamp collecting can be a fun and rewarding hobby. Maybe give it a try.

Top Bottom