USPS in Trouble

Section2

Reaction score
Now about those automated sorting machines, can you send me a link to an article I can read on the subject? If it requires a membership, I'll need a password.
can't recall where I read this, but the sorting machines were already in process of being phased out BEFORE Dejoy started his job.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
can't recall where I read this, but the sorting machines were already in process of being phased out BEFORE Dejoy started his job.
I've heard the same. I also read the USPS statement on why. Just curious if the people pushing this conspiracy theory have?

WAGopher

Reaction score
Not a chance. You need a better source of information.

There is bi-partisan alarm about what has transpired. Today, Senator Gary Peters (D-Michigan) said that veteran’s prescription medication deliveries have gone from a normal 3 days to as much as 13 days. This is happening in other states too.

Section2

Reaction score
Not a chance. You need a better source of information.

There is bi-partisan alarm about what has transpired. Today, Senator Gary Peters (D-Michigan) said that veteran’s prescription medication deliveries have gone from a normal 3 days to as much as 13 days. This is happening in other states too.
Your example of bipartisan alarm is a Democrat?
I've produced multiple non partisan articles that people are way overreacting.
Regardless, this has everyone's attention so I'm sure they'll get to the bottom of it.

WAGopher

Reaction score
Note: This is not happening everywhere, but it is happening in places that in production sorting machines have been removed.

WAGopher

Reaction score
Your example of bipartisan alarm is a Democrat?
I've produced multiple non partisan articles that people are way overreacting.
He’s a senator from Michigan, who is well thought of from both sides of the aisle. Michigan is much like Minnesota with a fairly equal mix of dems and repubs. Anyone that wins statewide office in those states are almost always moderate, and usually close to the center.

So yes, I think he is telling the truth.

Section2

Reaction score
He’s a senator from Michigan, who is well thought of from both sides of the aisle. Michigan is much like Minnesota with a fairly equal mix of dems and repubs. Anyone that wins statewide office in those states are almost always moderate, and usually close to the center.

So yes, I think he is telling the truth.
It's not bipartisan. Investigate away, I really doubt you are going to find a giant conspiracy at the heart of this.

Spoofin

Reaction score
How is it that someone’s prescription getting delayed is connected to election fraud?

howeda7

Reaction score
Anyone still want to pretend this is about "Saving money"?

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score

I finally had to Google this nut job that I've seen you retweet a number of times, Kyle Griffin; HA!!! Some 34-yr old douche producer at MSNBC! I couldn't have made it up if I tried

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
The Senate hearing of Postmaster General DeJoy is not going well for Democrats.

Democrat conspiracy theories are being buried.

USAF

Reaction score
How is it that someone’s prescription getting delayed is connected to election fraud?
Oh, look, there's "not a Trump voter Spoof" arriving just in time to muddy the waters and leap to the defense of Trump.

Fraud.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Creation of lack of confidence in the USPS and their processes and by default Mail in Votes. Mix in inflation of alleged voter fraud, and you are there.

Stepping out of bound for a moment. This is where concerns about Russian interference (and other questions ) start to arise. You don't always have to directly interfere. You just have to sow seeds of doubt.

STPGopher

Reaction score

Listen to Rand Paul's testimony if you have a moment. He wants to make it okay for rural areas to receive mail only twice a week. This as a "cost cutting measure". Dejoy wasn't even asking for that. Rural routes are not the problem. Large metro areas seem to be the most impacted. Hence the need for large sorting equipment. Talk about a solution looking for a problem.

Crap like this only furthers the divide.

IMHO Paul and the Wyoming Senator were very disappointing. There may have been more, but that is all I was able to listen to.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Oh, I can see that you’re so worried about words being edited or truncated.

Yes, that was his response. The machines were removed b/c the work that the USPS is doing is moving more to package delivery and less mail. They have all the machines that they need to process the mail with no delay, but they are using the space to handle packages.

Pretty common sense stuff.

The Democrat Senators embarrassed themselves this morning attempting to make this political. There is no conspiracy and there is no slow down of mail or election ballots.

As hard as they tried, it’s a total fabricated conspiracy by the Democrats.

Section2

Reaction score

Yes, that was his response. The machines were removed b/c the work that the USPS is doing is moving more to package delivery and less mail. They have all the machines that they need to process the mail with no delay, but they are using the space to handle packages.

The Democrat Senators embarrassed themselves this morning attempting to make this political. There is no conspiracy and there is no slow down of mail or election ballots.

Of course there's not a conspiracy. This would be the dumbest conspiracy of all time. We should get rid of USPS if it can't operate without losing money. But this is more likely an effort to save USPS than get rid of it.

bga1

Reaction score

One of many such shameful attempts by Democrats over the past 4 years at fabricating conspiracies.
Russiagate - was a lie and was actually Obamagate- designed to first steal the election and then later to cover it up
Ukraine Impeachment- also a lie to cover Biden/Ukrainian corruption
Mueller probe- a total scam run by Dem lawyers where they knew there was no Russian collusion and knew that the FISAs were fraudulently issued and yet they continued for 2 more years
Trump taxes- these have been held by the IRS for years and also have been in the hands of the Treasury with plenty of deep state folks looking at them. Nothin'
Trump is a racist who tries to make sure blacks are fully employed with higher wages and have police protection in their major cities

howeda7

Reaction score

As with most things Trump, you must watch what they do, not what they say. There has been increased delays in many places and there's no reason for the machines to be destroyed even if they are being moved to "make room."

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
As with most things Trump, you must watch what they do, not what they say. There has been increased delays in many places and there's no reason for the machines to be destroyed even if they are being moved to "make room."

And what is the proof that this has delayed mail? That unneeded sorting machines have been removed. That’s not proof of delays. Complaints about the USPS to Democrat congressmen? That’s been happening since forever. The left and the media are making stuff up.

The USPS processes more mail deliveries in one day than the total number of people voting in the presidential election. They can process all the votes if the state properly provides accurate deadlines for mailings.

Democrats need to stop lying to the public!

STPGopher

Reaction score
And what is the proof that this has delayed mail? That unneeded sorting machines have been removed. That’s not proof of delays. Complaints about the USPS to Democrat congressmen? That’s been happening since forever. The left and the media are making stuff up.

The USPS processes more mail deliveries in one day than the total number of people voting in the presidential election. They can process all the votes if the state properly provides accurate deadlines for mailings.

Democrats need to stop lying to the public!
In the quality world it's called quality metrics.

On time delivery is a quality metric. Customer complaints are as well.

https://project-management-knowledge.com/definitions/q/quality-metrics/#:~:text=Examples of the quality metrics,failure rate and defect frequency.

https://blog.lnsresearch.com/quality-metrics-customer-complaints-benchmark-data

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...spite-suspension-policies-blamed-mail-delays/

While the problem might not totally be sorting machine related, the shift is notable and there appears to be an assignable cause. Shift in labor resources and centralization could also be causes.

Top Bottom