US to pull out of Syria + Turkey to invade Syria?

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
So now the Kurds (SDF) have allied with Assad's Syrian Govt. Good. A unified Syria is good for everyone. If Turkey keeps fighting, soon Assad's ally Russia will join the fight. Turkey does not like the idea of facing their unified enemies. Trump placed tariffs on Turkey. It's all going wrong for that scumbag Erdogan & Turkey. Turkey's now asking the US to negotiate a peace deal. Trump's got Turkey by the balls! NATO has been proven completely impotent. Who would pour money into NATO at this point? May as well disband it. Trump wins again. US advisers have moved out of harms way. Moving toward another campaign promise. What part of this is bad for the US, or Trump?
Only people who can't think logically because of their hatred for everything trump think this is bad.

justthefacts

Reaction score
So now the Kurds (SDF) have allied with Assad's Syrian Govt. Good. A unified Syria is good for everyone. If Turkey keeps fighting, soon Assad's ally Russia will join the fight. Turkey does not like the idea of facing their unified enemies. Trump placed tariffs on Turkey. It's all going wrong for that scumbag Erdogan & Turkey. Turkey's now asking the US to negotiate a peace deal. Trump's got Turkey by the balls! NATO has been proven completely impotent. Who would pour money into NATO at this point? May as well disband it. Trump wins again. US advisers have moved out of harms way. Moving toward another campaign promise. What part of this is bad for the US, or Trump?
The part where both Iran and ISIS are strengthened.

Dean S

Reaction score
My boys in the XVIII ABN Corps and Operation Inherent Resolve

This may win the award for stupidest post of 2019. You couldn't even get the first sentence right.
Began operations in August 2014 against ISIL in Syria from Iraq. Basis for line 1 of my previous statement. Now, go back to your daily idiocy.

stocker08

Reaction score
Began operations in August 2014 against ISIL in Syria from Iraq. Basis for line 1 of my previous statement. Now, go back to your daily idiocy.
Keep it up, Deano. You'll be sorry when the shadowy democrat figures and the even more shadowy republican....but secrectly never trumper leftists in government start mining personal data directly from our brains and CRG decides not to share his wealth of tinfoil with you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

justthefacts

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

bga1

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
If you think about it, that kind of shows how useless it is to leave a small quantity of troops on the ground in the first place...eh? I think that perhaps the phrase- "go big or go home" might apply.

justthefacts

Reaction score
If you think about it, that kind of shows how useless it is to leave a small quantity of troops on the ground in the first place...eh? I think that perhaps the phrase- "go big or go home" might apply.
Except, for the 100th time, none of this was happening when the small quantity of troops were still in Northern Syria at their bases.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Except, for the 100th time, none of this was happening when the small quantity of troops were still in Northern Syria at their bases.
Turkey said they were invading NE Syria. Trump moved the 50 advisers out of harms way. You want to go to war with Turkey? You want to go to war with Turkey, with 50 military advisers vs 15k troops, tanks and air cover?

Radio Badger

Banned
Reaction score
Turkey said they were invading NE Syria. Trump moved the 50 advisers out of harms way. You want to go to war with Turkey? You want to go to war with Turkey, with 50 military advisers vs 15k troops, tanks and air cover?
Yeah. That was the timing. You are a dishonest moron.

bga1

Reaction score
Let's hold those guys right in that position for another 50 years. I vote that you be one of them.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Also from that article: The EU announced today that it's temporarily suspending arms sales to Turkey. Bold move EU! :cool:

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
The US first installed nuclear missiles in Turkey in 1961.

bga1

Reaction score
Looks like the NYT was spreading a little disinformation again:

When it comes to occasionally pulling its nuclear weapons out of allied countries, the United States has some well-known experience: It’s removed arms from the United Kingdom, Greece, and a German base under NATO auspices, with little logistical or political difficulty. Turkey’s case appears a bit more fraught: The Times, based on an interview with one unnamed U.S. official, suggested that the American nuclear bombs “were now essentially Erdoğan’s hostages.” That’s literally untrue, since the weapons remain in U.S. Air Force custody, but the underlying idea is that “to fly them out of Incirlik would be to mark the de facto end of the Turkish-American alliance.” But that statement seems inaccurate, too: This dysfunctional alliance can’t and won’t be saved by the physical presence of American bombs on Turkish soil. The weapons are a liability and serve no valid reassurance purpose—not to Turkey specifically, or to NATO more generally. The bombs can most certainly leave, and Turkey can remain as NATO’s intolerable black sheep—its status in the alliance being a problem for another day.

This according to anti- Trump New Republic:https://newrepublic.com/article/155381/us-nuclear-bombs-still-turkey

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Looks like the NYT was spreading a little disinformation again:

When it comes to occasionally pulling its nuclear weapons out of allied countries, the United States has some well-known experience: It’s removed arms from the United Kingdom, Greece, and a German base under NATO auspices, with little logistical or political difficulty. Turkey’s case appears a bit more fraught: The Times, based on an interview with one unnamed U.S. official, suggested that the American nuclear bombs “were now essentially Erdoğan’s hostages.” That’s literally untrue, since the weapons remain in U.S. Air Force custody, but the underlying idea is that “to fly them out of Incirlik would be to mark the de facto end of the Turkish-American alliance.” But that statement seems inaccurate, too: This dysfunctional alliance can’t and won’t be saved by the physical presence of American bombs on Turkish soil. The weapons are a liability and serve no valid reassurance purpose—not to Turkey specifically, or to NATO more generally. The bombs can most certainly leave, and Turkey can remain as NATO’s intolerable black sheep—its status in the alliance being a problem for another day.

This according to anti- Trump New Republic:https://newrepublic.com/article/155381/us-nuclear-bombs-still-turkey
It can’t be. JTFs posted a large billboard on this thread saying that. It just can’t not be true.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
It can’t be. JTFs posted a large billboard on this thread saying that. It just can’t not be true.
Regardless of how large the print on jtf's post, he reminded me that we should bring our troops (and nukes) home from Turkey as well.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Watching some posters move the goal posts reminds me of the Iowa fans trying to leave the metrodome with them.

justthefacts

Reaction score
I can't wait to hear the defense of this statement:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> I'm guessing the defense will contain the words "JV" The main doctrine of Trumpism is that you never have to make sense as long as someone else was once wrong

Last edited:

Tredwell

Reaction score
I think the Onion has gone too far this time...

"It will look upon you forever as the devil if good things don't happen"

howeda7

Reaction score
I can't wait to hear the defense of this statement:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> I'm guessing the defense will contain the words "JV" The main doctrine of Trumpism is that you never have to make sense as long as someone else was once wrong
Where are The Fellas to defend this genius quote?

Top Bottom